• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDplan for the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose?

Ros4

Earning My Ears
Can you use the dining plan TS for the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose or do you need to use 2TS credits?

Mama Melrose is one credit per person, even for the Fantasmic package.

It's a great deal. We've done it 3 times now (most recently on Aug. 19). The appetizer is still included.

If we wanted to do the Fantasmic dinner package do we have to use the dining plan or can we pay out of pocket? Is it a price fix menue?

If we wanted to do the Fantasmic dinner package do we have to use the dining plan or can we pay out of pocket? Is it a price fix menue?

You can always pay OOP. I think at some places its price fixed and others off the menu, but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone please tell me how the Fantasmic package works on the ddp? We have never done it and are thinking about trying it. We are going in Dec 11-21. Tahnks for your help

Can anyone please tell me how the Fantasmic package works on the ddp? We have never done it and are thinking about trying it. We are going in Dec 11-21. Tahnks for your help

Call at your 180 day mark and tell the CM that you want to book the Fantasmic pkg at Mama Melrose and that you are on the DDP. Be sure to ask for the Fantasmic pkg though, as the pkgs are limited and just a regular ADR at Mama Melrose will not get you the Fantasmic pkg. The CM will ask for your credit card as they require a credit card guarantee for the Fantasmic pkgs. They will not charge your card though, unless you don't show up. At the restaurant, the waiter will ask for your room key to verify you are on the DDP and tell you to order an appetizer, entree, dessert, and nonalcoholic beverage. As a previous poster said, if you book the Fantasmic pkg an appetizer is included even on the basic DDP. Also on the DDP there are no restricitons on what you can order. Even single diners can order the appetizers for two. You can also get a virgin mixed drink if you wish. The last few times I've gone there I've gotten the antipasta platter for two as my appetizer and a virgin pina colava as my beverage. After your meal the waiter will bring you a slip of paper with the number of diners on it and tell you where to go to get into the theater and what time to be there. As you go into the theater, just show the CM the slip of paper the waiter gave you and you'll be directed into the pkg seating area, which is on the far right side of the theater as you enter. You don't necessarily have to sit in that area though. If better seating is available in the middle, you can sit where you want. Don't arrive too late though, as the closer it gets to show time, they open up that pkg seating area to the general public and if you arrive late, you may not get a seat. My only problem with the Fantasmic pkgs is that the times are usually early.

Call at your 180 day mark and tell the CM that you want to book the Fantasmic pkg at Mama Melrose and that you are on the DDP. Be sure to ask for the Fantasmic pkg though, as the pkgs are limited and just a regular ADR at Mama Melrose will not get you the Fantasmic pkg. The CM will ask for your credit card as they require a credit card guarantee for the Fantasmic pkgs. They will not charge your card though, unless you don't show up. At the restaurant, the waiter will ask for your room key to verify you are on the DDP and tell you to order an appetizer, entree, dessert, and nonalcoholic beverage. As a previous poster said, if you book the Fantasmic pkg an appetizer is included even on the basic DDP. Also on the DDP there are no restricitons on what you can order. Even single diners can order the appetizers for two. You can also get a virgin mixed drink if you wish. The last few times I've gone there I've gotten the antipasta platter for two as my appetizer and a virgin pina colava as my beverage. After your meal the waiter will bring you a slip of paper with the number of diners on it and tell you where to go to get into the theater and what time to be there. As you go into the theater, just show the CM the slip of paper the waiter gave you and you'll be directed into the pkg seating area, which is on the far right side of the theater as you enter. You don't necessarily have to sit in that area though. If better seating is available in the middle, you can sit where you want. Don't arrive too late though, as the closer it gets to show time, they open up that pkg seating area to the general public and if you arrive late, you may not get a seat. My only problem with the Fatasmic pkgs is that the times are usually early.

aubriee- that was an excellent explaination about the fantasmic! pkg, we are planning on making an ADR for it this trip for the first time and your post was very helpful- Thanks :)

Call at your 180 day mark and tell the CM that you want to book the Fantasmic pkg at Mama Melrose and that you are on the DDP. Be sure to ask for the Fantasmic pkg though, as the pkgs are limited and just a regular ADR at Mama Melrose will not get you the Fantasmic pkg. The CM will ask for your credit card as they require a credit card guarantee for the Fantasmic pkgs. They will not charge your card though, unless you don't show up. At the restaurant, the waiter will ask for your room key to verify you are on the DDP and tell you to order an appetizer, entree, dessert, and nonalcoholic beverage. As a previous poster said, if you book the Fantasmic pkg an appetizer is included even on the basic DDP. Also on the DDP there are no restricitons on what you can order. Even single diners can order the appetizers for two. You can also get a virgin mixed drink if you wish. The last few times I've gone there I've gotten the antipasta platter for two as my appetizer and a virgin pina colava as my beverage. After your meal the waiter will bring you a slip of paper with the number of diners on it and tell you where to go to get into the theater and what time to be there. As you go into the theater, just show the CM the slip of paper the waiter gave you and you'll be directed into the pkg seating area, which is on the far right side of the theater as you enter. You don't necessarily have to sit in that area though. If better seating is available in the middle, you can sit where you want. Don't arrive too late though, as the closer it gets to show time, they open up that pkg seating area to the general public and if you arrive late, you may not get a seat. My only problem with the Fantasmic pkgs is that the times are usually early.

Thank you so much for the info! You made it really easy to understand and I think we are going to try it when we go in Dec. Has Mama Melrose gotten better? We ate there in 2006 and I could hardly eat my dinner as there was so much grit in the seafood pasta. Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter