Ddp

Not everything on the food court menus is available on the DDP, for example at the Pepper Market some of the 'fancy' desserts weren't. A 16 inch pizza isn't one CS credit but you can get one with 2 drinks and 2 desserts for 2 which is a good deal :) Not sure if an ice-cream cookie sandwich would be a CS dessert but it's a snack in the Main Street Bakery ;)

Hello,

I thought I would add to my previous thread.

Trying to sort out my ADR's, but getting worried, since we are going in August, worried that we will not get any of our ADR's. I know that I have to ring at the 180 day mark.

How do you guys sort it, for example we have done an itinerary for day to day which parks etc and are trying to work the restaurants around this.

If for example you are going to MK, do you get a list of three restaurants to book the ADR's just in case the other two you are unable to get ... I can see me getting myself in a right pickle and not have any :lmao::lmao: Just the thought of booking these is bringing me out in a cold sweat :rolleyes:

I rang at 90 days for this August, not even at opening as I waited until I got home in evening. Had a list of what we wanted for 1st 10 days and got them all. Cali grill was only one that was later than we wanted 9:35pm, all others around 7:30pm no problem. If you ring at 180 days I can't see you having a problem with any.
If we do it next year I hope to do them all online, did 1 this year online an its 10 times easier than talking to a cast member that has to tell you everything in triplicate.

i too rang around 45 days out this year for our trip as i missed my 90 mark being in hospital and had no problems getting what we wanted apart from le cellier

I have just done my ADRs for our April/May trip this morning online and it was so easy got every thing we wanted at the times we wanted within 15mins.

In past experience if you are booking around the 180 day mark there isn't a lot you won't get. LeCellier is the one that might be difficult but not impossible.

As for how we plan - we tend to eat more at resorts than parks as they tend to be better (IMO) also means that when I am booking 180 days out I don't have to worry about the hours changing and it not fitting my plans.

There is one big exception to that - Fantasmic! - we do the fantasmic package most times if it is a must see on that trip however now it is only 2 or 3 times a week it is less of a problem than when it was everyday for planning purposes!

In the past I have done spreadsheets with Park hours then sat with the restaurants and tried to fit them in to where I thought we would be - now I am so relaxed (and we are not doing the DDP next trip so not as many meals to worry about) we have 8 evenings and are doing 4 ADRs. DH & I both picked one restaurant we want to go back to and one new restaurant to try. I then put them down every other day - plus our traditional Chef Mickeys breakfast on our second morning and job done! :thumbsup2

Hello:wave2:

Yes we want to do the fantasmic package and the nemo package as this is our first time, and hoping if we do it this way, we will not be standing in the August heat for too long.

Le Cellier ..... noticed on the allears menu they do a "chef's favourite" which is $36.99 - which is three courses ... are you allowed this on your ddp TS??

Also I think I read somewhere that in one restaurant on the TS ddp you can have three courses ... does anyone know which restaurant this is please

Yes you can have the Chefs fave at Le Cellier, DW had it, limited menu, our steaks were not in the deal but DW's chicken was.

Yes you can have the Chefs fave at Le Cellier, DW had it, limited menu, our steaks were not in the deal but DW's chicken was.

Thank you :goodvibes Do you know of any other restaurants on the ddp that do a "three course special" that is included?

Many thanks

:goodvibes

Don't remember seeing any others where we ate. Someone will post if there are any more.

CDF has a prix fixe menu with 3 courses if you dine before 6.
do not worry about needing 3 courses, 1 will surfice!
as to your earlier question, CRT and LeC are probably the only ones you ll struggle to get, just be flexible... i would also reccomend eating earlier than wayne said, (no offense wayne:goodvibes) but his son is older than your kids, and very used to wdw, heat and excitment etc. on a first trip book meals for 5-5.30. why? allow 90-120 for dinner, you ll be out in time to wander before fireworks, or get back to the room if kids are tired. obviously if you having a lazy morning/late night then its different.
you ll also have more chance of eating if you avoid the "rush" buffets will be quieter etc.
also means you can brunch and have your snack either "before bed" or for bfast in the room. always try and avoid eating at "normal" times, esp CS, as they will block you for longer than you think....
as for planning, we have looked at where the emh is, and avoided like the plague! as we are there at the saem time, if you pm me, ill email you the sheet i have done, as to what parks what days, it might help... but remember its only MY attempt, and is not necc. the best options for your family!
tc
Tracy

(no offense wayne:goodvibes) but his son is older than your kids, and very used to wdw, heat and excitment etc. on a first trip book meals for 5-5.30.

I agree if you can eat at that time then do. Personally we don't and never have, even DS's 1st trip age 3 we ate as we do now around 7-7:30pm but we don't eat breakfast, eat lunch 1-2pm so couldn't eat much before 7pm.

We tend to book our ADR's knowing that we will probably be seated after that time and by the time you actually eat it can be anything upto an hour after your ADR time (depends on restaurant some run really behind!).

I usually book for about 6pm but we don't have breakfast (never do at home either) and try to get lunch just before 12noon to beat the rush. Our DD was 15months last trip so we took this into account.

We tend to book our ADR's knowing that we will probably be seated after that time and by the time you actually eat it can be anything upto an hour after your ADR time (depends on restaurant some run really behind!).

I usually book for about 6pm but we don't have breakfast (never do at home either) and try to get lunch just before 12noon to beat the rush. Our DD was 15months last trip so we took this into account.

yes, i toitally agree, a 30-60 min wait is totally normal, unless you eat vvv early. even when we ate at LeC at 4.20 it was nearer to 6 when we were sat, add time to order, and a few drinks;) so 6 was a good time for us:goodvibes
we either snakced in room, or ate at cs at hotel, then light lunch 11 ish, so eating earlier worked for us. but i totally agree that the flexiility of the ddp is what makes it work, and why we can all eat different things at different times, hey its all paid for:rotfl2:
tc
Tracy

We must have been lucky in August. We arrived 15-20 mins early for every meal, either taken straight in or in before our res time, only one we had a wait was 1900 Park Fare that was about 30-40 mins, I would not be happy having to wait like that every evening, would totally put me off DDP.

To be honest, i quite liked this chill time, dh and i got a beer where we could, (mainly at the resort restaurants) and the kids either coloured or 1 of us took them round and "visited" the hotels, obviously there was quite a lot of shopping that occured during this time:rotfl2:
in the parks, one of us waited with the beeper and the other did something else with the kids (used fass passes etc) this only was a prob at CP, when i asked the wait time, was told 30 mins and then was called 5 mins later. dh and kids were out of range with walkie talkies (later found out they had snuck on buzz:sad2:without me, but we just waited and sat later, cms were fine, said it happened all the time:thumbsup2
i do think though the 5-30, 7-00 is crunch time for younger families, and if you want a more "adult meal" you should avoid these times.
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter