DDP with Toddler Under 3

KCervasio

Mouseketeer
Since children under 3 can share off of our plates for free at TS meals, can I opt to ask for a children's dessert I lieu of a dessert off of the adult menu so I may give it to her/share with her?

I've never seen this question before. My gut says you probably CAN do so, but most of the kid's desserts are just ice cream. The adult desserts are TONS better tasting.

Why not just share the adult dessert - children's desserts are usually not much.
After perusal of the children's desserts on the menus vs the adult's, I know for a fact that in many cases my daughter would prefer a simple sundae or cupcake. Hopefully the restaurants will comply!

I don't order for a kid, but in every restaurant if I just ask for some ice cream they will provide it if they have it. (Not using DDP though)

is it worth it still if you're giving up $7-8 worth of value every TS?

If you are going to give up one component of a plan that can be difficult at best to break even with , maybe this plan is not for you. The child is under three, and a scoop of ice cream in not expensive. Ask you server for a cupcake or a children's sundae and pay for it. Most restaurants are prepared for little ones and will have kids desserts ready.

Honestly, Disney is an expensive place to eat, but there is one area in which they excel.....and that is the pricing of their children's menus. Even if you have to puchased a full meal for your child at any TS restaurant in order to allow you to eat a meal you like, the cost is generally less than $6. And that is the entire meal. A scoop of ice cream wil be much less.

TS kid's meals are actually more in the $10 range. QS kid's meals are $6.
It's been a while for me. I still believe that th kids items te a decent value, and would never give up my dessert in the DDP to save a few dollars on a child's portion of ice cream

It's been a while for me. I still believe that th kids items te a decent value, and would never give up my dessert in the DDP to save a few dollars on a child's portion of ice cream

I agree with you there! the adult desserts are so good there lol. I'd spend a couple extra bucks on a scoop of ice cream or a cupcake.

We had the deluxe plan the last week of January. My inlaws were not always interested in a heavy dessert, and my husband rarely. At many meals, they asked for simple ice cream, sundaes, or even a fruit cup (which is technically an app) off of the kids menus. No server ever questioned it! And even with the substitutions, we found the plan to be cost effective for our group.

I agree, just pay for the child dessert OOP. When we had an under 3, Le Cellier offered him a whole kids meal free of charge. We declined the food because he and my 5 yo could share a kids meal easily with food to spare but we did take his own drink and they brought him his own build your own sundae so there was no disagreement over putting the toppings on. Others have said that some places will similarly give items free of charge to under threes. Don't count on it, but it might happen.

Not sure if this is the right place but maybe someone can help. I am staying at blt using daves vacation club. I have a 2year old that I want to add a meal plan for (I know it's not recommended, but wondering if it's possible). I am buying my park tickets through undercover tourist. Can I get her a meal plan without getting her a park ticket? I know if I go throug Disney it will all be linked, but my question is if I piece it together like this is it possible? Thanks much

Not sure if this is the right place but maybe someone can help. I am staying at blt using daves vacation club. I have a 2year old that I want to add a meal plan for (I know it's not recommended, but wondering if it's possible). I am buying my park tickets through undercover tourist. Can I get her a meal plan without getting her a park ticket? I know if I go throug Disney it will all be linked, but my question is if I piece it together like this is it possible? Thanks much

Yes, you can. You'll have to change her age to 3 on the reservation though.

The only hang up I've found, and I'm not sure if it even matters, is that the age on MDE needed to match the age on the reservations for my kids. I don't really see it being that big of an issue. Make her profile 3, link it, exclude her from FPs and then when you get to the park make sure they know she's 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter