DDP with FOUR kids under 8...or not?

corlyjones

Earning My Ears
We will most likely be spending a week in Disney at the end of January, and I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing the DP. I have a 7 and 5 year old that have been there and we did the DDP and it was awesome. Skip ahead 4 years and we have added a 1 and 3 year old. I plan to do 4 character dining "events" and we will be staying at the Polynesian. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Corly

If you arrive after Jan 21 you may be able to get free dining.... We are doing free dining with our 9, 6, 4, 2 year olds in September 2011. At something like 11.99/day for each child it's definitely worth it. If you are paying for the DDP OOP you need to evaluate if it's worth it for you.

We will most likely be spending a week in Disney at the end of January, and I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing the DP. I have a 7 and 5 year old that have been there and we did the DDP and it was awesome. Skip ahead 4 years and we have added a 1 and 3 year old. I plan to do 4 character dining "events" and we will be staying at the Polynesian. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Corly

With 4 character dining meals it sounds like the DDP would be good for you. Have you booked the meals yet? Were you paying full rack rate for the room or getting the room discount? As the PP pointed out; if you arrive after the 21st you may be able to get "free" dining. Keep in mind that you will be paying full rack rate for the room and need to get at least 2 day MYW tickets for those that are over age 3.

Check out the menus on allears.net and you can figure out how much you would pay OOP for meals.

Good luck.

Children generally tend to be better "deals" on DDP than adults, especially if doing a lot of character meals and buffets. So in that respect, the more the merrier.

The 1-year-old, of course, will not need the dining plan, and will eat for free at the buffets anyway. Sharing other meals with the 3-year-old will likely work fine.

Thanks for the reply. We can't wait until the 21st so we are going to try to get a good room rate and pay for the plan. Let me know if there is anyone on here that WOULD NOT do the DDP based on experience/lots of "littles."

From all the math I've done comparing OOP with DDP with kids - generally you see a HUGE savings with the kids. Check out the menus on allears - many of those character meals cost more than the kids plan total for the day - making the CS meal and the snack free!

From all the math I've done comparing OOP with DDP with kids - generally you see a HUGE savings with the kids. Check out the menus on allears - many of those character meals cost more than the kids plan total for the day - making the CS meal and the snack free!

Absolutely! With littles it makes MORE SENSE than if your kids are over 10.

We did the DDP often when our kiddos were 3,5,8,11 and 15 ... it is really worth it when the price is so low for the little ones. Now that they are older we do the DDP table service once a year and do the QSDP for the other 2 trips a year.

:)

It's tough to get good value out the DDP for adults, but VERY EASY to get it for the kids. Many TS character meals are $15+ for kids. Kid's CS meals are something like $6-7. Snacks can easily be worth $3-4. That's about $25 in value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter