DDP vs. DDE for DVC member

jwmccullough

Earning My Ears
Greetings!
It has been a while since I have visited the boards here, but as it comes time for another visit, I need your perspectives for my next trip as many things have changed.

I am taking my family and some friends of our to stay at the Beach Club in September. I know that things have changed with both the Disney Dining Plan and the Disney Dining Experience with the coming of 2008, so I could really use your help in my preparation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Facts:
4 adults
2 children (age 4)
2 children (age 2)

We are staying for 7 nights and will be attempting to have as many character meals (buffets) as possible.

I currently have the Dining Experiece card.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there other discounts available to DVC members? What insights can any of you offer into the decision making process?

Many thanks in advance!
Jess

With the character meals, it would probably be worth getting the dining plan. They alone can cost $30 per adult.

I would go with the dining plan also. We have alot of character meals scheduled also. It gives my dd something to do she while waiting for food. We have only two buffets schedule the other 2 are sit downs. We will also eat one sit down at DTD. We are doing Coral Reef which I'm not to sure about with a 2 year old.;)

Hey Kelly,
Request a seat by the window of the Acquarium at Coral Seas. My son loved just watching all the fish all through dinner. One of the Sting Rays was sleeping right next to his spot. The very nice and informative waiter told us that that was one of the rays favorite spots to take a little nap. Also, there were divers there that evening and my kids liked watching them swim around and they even had a sign for the table across from us that said happy b-day! Then they "conducted" us as everyone sang to the table. It was really neat and I think they do a good job with the little ones there as well as the older folks:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter