DDP v. DDE HELP!!!

lesliewitt

Mouseketeer
I think that I have calculated that the DDE is cheaper for our trip than the DDP, but can anyone who is more mathmatically inclined and more DDP gifted than I verify that I am right?

There are 7 of us (4A 3C). My reservations are the following:

Sunday-Donald's Character Bkfst at Tusker House; CS lunch and dinner

Monday-CRT (for 2A 2C-remaining will eat in villa); CS lunch, Kona dinner.

Tues-Bkfst in Villa, CS lunch, CP dinner

Wed- Cape May Bkfst, CS lunch, Fantasmic Pkg dinner

Thurs- Bkfst in Villa, CS lunch, Coral Reef dinner

I also would assume that 3 of the Adults would occasionally have a drink or two at dinner. I have assumed that we would eat the most expensive thing on the menu (which at least some of us would, regardless), but I don't think that we would necessarily all get dessert every time. Maybe appetizers to share (2-3). Also, because we are a party of more than 6, we would automatically have the 18% tip added either way.

TIA for any help!!!

Do you qualify for the DDE? that would be the first question. and are you talking about going in 2007 or 2008 under the NEW dining plans?

We are going in 2008 (so new version of DDP) and my in-laws are FL residents, so they qualify for the DDE (and they are the other two adults).

Where would your CS meals be. DDE is not good at most QS locations.

How many nights is your trip? 4 or 5?

At first glance I would think DDP fits better as you have a mix of QS and TS. And DDE can't be used at most CS spots.

But you have more meals than the DDP would provide. You have 6 TS not counting CRT and 6 QS but will receive only 5 credits of each type.

To realize any savings at all with DDE, your family will need to spend $425 at restaurants that accept it. Only after that point will you start to actually save.

In addition, whichever of your inlaws buys the card will need to be present to use it. Would they use the DDE card on other occasions during the year?

Also I'm don't know if DDE can be used for Fantasmic packages. :confused3

Not trying to hijack here but do we know anything official on whether the DDE will include an automatic 18% tip? I know that was a rumor but not sure if there was confirmation on that or not.

7170cttMFSUdx6LemcVLxESbZ7Yb290rkl*vv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter