DDP Users-Do you order the most expensive item?

Do you order the most bang for your buck or do you just order what you wan

• I typically try to get the best bang for my buck on DDP

• I use DDP for the convenience & pay no attention to cost value

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get what I enjoy eating, which is usually no where close to the most expensive item on the menu; however, we "splurge" by getting desserts, which we wouldn't normally do. It's been worth it to us to get the dining plan because we've done a good number of character meals, and the kids are all still kids. Once the kids aren't Disney kids anymore, I'll reconsider the dining plan. So, while I want to get "bang for my buck", I try to make sure that the bang is worth it the way we'd normally eat. If that makes sense.

Neither answer fits so I didn't vote. I order the entrees I want at regular TS and signatures regardless of price but I do choose mix in lots of over-priced buffets that I wouldn't be happy paying for unless I was on the DDP. :). The buffets make my kids happy so it works for us.

Same here, neither answer really fits.

My husband and I love filets, and I tend to like the more expensive options anyway, so we get what we want, but what we want usually ends up being the more pricey entrees anyway. We also only eat at Table Service restaurants and upgrade to the Deluxe plan (with a discount), so there's a lot of signatures in there.

My husband really likes the plan because he gets anxious about the cost of things, so if we weren't on the plan he'd probably guilt himself if he got a filet, or convince himself that he should get something cheaper, etc. There's also being able to try desserts and appetizers and drinks we might want to try but not order because of cost and worrying about liking it or not. So it's also about him being able to enjoy the vacation more without that stress.

I actually went and totaled up how much we'd spend (with current menus) at the restaurants we have planned if we weren't on the dining plan and were getting the things we absolutely wanted (so not always an appetizer or dessert, no drinks at all). With the room only discount, it pretty much is about dead even or even a little more than what we'd spend with the dining plan, which includes drinks and snacks (which are great for bring home souvenirs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter