• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP upgrade question

brad3640

Mouseketeer
I love the convience of the DDP. My question is I have a 9 year old is there anyway to upgrade him to the adult dining plan and if so how.

Also if they happen to offer free dining how will that work if I want to upgrade him

Yes.
Register him as a 10 year old. (Change his birth year by one when you book.)

You will also then be buying him an adult ticket rather than a child's, but the price difference there is generally only about $20.

If the ddp is free, and he's registered as a 10 year old, he'll get the adult plan.

If you're paying for the ddp, you'll pay adult price for him, as a 10 year old, and that's the plan he'll get.

Yes. Register him as a 10 year old. (Change his birth year by one when you book.) You will also then be buying him an adult ticket rather than a child's, but the price difference there is generally only about $20. If the ddp is free, and he's registered as a 10 year old, he'll get the adult plan. If you're paying for the ddp, you'll pay adult price for him, as a 10 year old, and that's the plan he'll get.
If she does that won't she also end up paying adult price for his tickets and room occupancy though? That might be a big deterrent. Just a thought.

If she does that won't she also end up paying adult price for his tickets and room occupancy though? That might be a big deterrent. Just a thought.

Yes, she'll be paying for an adult ticket, but the difference between child and adult ticket is only $19 + tax for anything from a 4 to 10 day ticket.

There is no charge for a 10 year old or a 9 year old) for the room. Additional adult charges start at age 18 for a third adult in the room.

Yes, she'll be paying for an adult ticket, but the difference between child and adult ticket is only $19 + tax for anything from a 4 to 10 day ticket. There is no charge for a 10 year old or a 9 year old) for the room. Additional adult charges start at age 18 for a third adult in the room.
Wow. Good to know. Just always figured an adult was an adult and a kid was a kid.

Thank you everyone for your very helpful replies. I know it might sound crazy but the kids choices don't really give you a whole lot of options and for my 9 year old he likes to try different things and I think it will make his experience a better one. Thank you again for the helpful info :)

We've always done this because as you've found the kids selections are limited and our kids would eat enough to make it worthwhile. I have found that almost all Disney restaurants will alter the menu to suit the kids tastes. We've had staff simply ask our child what types of things they enjoy and they'll create something. Sometimes its a small change to a menu item, other times its something completely different than any menu item. They've always gone out of their way to make it enjoyable for our kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter