DDP Rule Question?

ssnelle

Love Disney
First and foremost, I am NOT trying to get one over on WDW, I simply want to know the rules and know if this is allowed. We are trying the DDP for the first time soon and KNOW it will be too much food, so trying to get the most mileage...even if this is not allowed, the plan will be fun and a great deal as is!

HERE'S THE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR QUESTION:

There will be 5 of us (2 adults, 3 children - 3,5,7 year old boys). We will be there for 5 nights and plan to do the LUAU (2 TS credits) and three EPCOT restaurants (for a total of 4 TS meals rather than 5 because of the LUAU). Since it will be too much food as the plan is designed, can my husband and I share a TS meal at 2 of the 3 EPCOT restaurants (saving 2 TS meals) and my three children share 2 TS (childrens) meals at 2 of the 3 EPCOT restaurants (saving 2 childs TS meals) so that we can NOW have saved enough for an EXTRA TS meal at another restaurant...meaning we can now go to five Epcot restaurant in the 5 nights versus 4. Total TS food credits usage still remains the same...

PLEASE PLEASE understand we are in NO way trying to do one over on Disney. We just want to know if this is allowed, or are we ONLY allowed to technically do the 3 EPCOT restaurants and the LUAU????

Thanks for the help. If this is not allowed, or dishonest, or just plain not advised we want your expert opinions because WE are not the knowledgeable ones. Just want to understand the basic rules of the sharing policy. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

5 very excited persons ready to go......

Thank You, very excited at the prospect of spreading the food out and not STUFFING ourselves...this way we are able to try an additional restaurant too! Thanks for the help.

WHOOPS sorry about this duplicate???

Thank You, very excited at the prospect of spreading the food out and not STUFFING ourselves...this way we are able to try an additional restaurant too! Thanks for the help.

That's exactly the way to do it: Adults save up credits, and children save up credits, separately.

Ssnelle, I laughed when I read your post. We are in the same boat as you and I am not trying to scam just do what is right and what benefits my family the most. All staying within Disney's rules for the plan.

Thanks for asking the questions, as we have 2 children who are "disney adults" so for us sharing still has leftovers.

Enjoy all of those Epcot restaurants, I wait for you dining experience reviews.

Would it be frowned upon if a couple (two adults) were to share one TS credit for lunch or dinner? (Not a buffet obviously)

You, no one should frown on it. Just be sure to leave an extra gratuity to cover the service to the extra diner.

I never thought of sharing! That would be fabulous as last trip Dh and I gained 8 lbs each with stuffing ourselves at every meal :lol:

This trip we will have 4 adults and 1 child, with 2 children under 3. If we shared meals at the non buffet non preset price meals, we could have 3 to 5 adult TS credits left for dh and I to go somewhere nice 1 nite by ourselves :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter