DDP Question

Mayasmama

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of adding DDP to package for DD8 and me. In looking at the menus it seems the Kids menu is pretty much the same...nuggets, tenders, macaroni & cheese, etc. Well, I know my kid and she is not going to be happy eating nuggets while I'm having crab legs. Rich taste that kid. I also suspect we will have some extra adult credits as we will be doing some activities off site as well. Can she use the adult credits?

You can't use more credits at one meal than you have guests in the room. For example, you have two adults and one child on your reservation. You can only use two Adult TS and one child TS for a meal. Even if you have some left over. You won't be able to use three Adult TS for a single meal, even if you have the credits to burn.

This might be a case where the DDP isn't what you really need. Do you have an AP? You could get a Disney Dining Experience card and use that for 20% off your TS meals.

Thanks Deb & Bill,

I'll look further into the Annual Pass option. If it doesn't seem reasonable, she should be okay with a fancy appetizer or eating off my plate.

Another option that DIS'ers have used in the past is to age the child. WHen you book hte package, book her as 10 and she will have adult credits also.

You will also have to get an adult park ticket for her also though. Just an option

a third option might be to concentrate on buffets and all-you-care-to-eats... cape may at the beach club has a seafood buffet that may appeal to you/dd :)

Many posters complain about the Kid's menus, list the CS type choices and compare them to the Adult TS menus; not really fair to Disney. There are CS restaurants w/o Kid's menus so you and your DD can order from the same menu. I'd encourage you to really look at those TS menus. They offer much more than you suggest:

Kona
Grilled Fish of the Day served with whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait $7.49
Grilled Chicken Strips with macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella, served with veggies and fruit salad

Whispering Canyon
Grilled Fish of the Day - served with whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait $7.49
Grilled Chicken Strips - with macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Served with veggies and fruit salad $7.49

Kid's Picks
Appetizers: Watermelon OR Garden Salad
Entrees: Cheeseburger OR Macaroni and Cheese OR Canyon Skillet (Add $2.00 for Skillet)
Desserts: Cinnamon Apples OR Chocolate Chip Cookies OR Worms in Dirt

Grand Floridian Cafe
Pizza - 6" pizza with your choice of toppings
Hamburgers - served with French fries
Penne Pasta - with marinara sauce
PB&J Your Way - peanut butter sandwich with choice of jelly, bananas or fluff
Chicken Strips - served with French fries

Entrees $10.99 Served with Rice and Broccoli
Beef Filet, Fish Filet or Grilled Chicken Breast

LeCellier offers steak

Many posters complain about the Kid's menus, list the CS type choices and compare them to the Adult TS menus; not really fair to Disney. There are CS restaurants w/o Kid's menus so you and your DD can order from the same menu. I'd encourage you to really look at those TS menus. They offer much more than you suggest:

Kona
Grilled Fish of the Day served with whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait $7.49
Grilled Chicken Strips with macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella, served with veggies and fruit salad

Whispering Canyon
Grilled Fish of the Day - served with whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait $7.49
Grilled Chicken Strips - with macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Served with veggies and fruit salad $7.49

Kid's Picks
Appetizers: Watermelon OR Garden Salad
Entrees: Cheeseburger OR Macaroni and Cheese OR Canyon Skillet (Add $2.00 for Skillet)
Desserts: Cinnamon Apples OR Chocolate Chip Cookies OR Worms in Dirt

Grand Floridian Cafe
Pizza - 6" pizza with your choice of toppings
Hamburgers - served with French fries
Penne Pasta - with marinara sauce
PB&J Your Way - peanut butter sandwich with choice of jelly, bananas or fluff
Chicken Strips - served with French fries

Entrees $10.99 Served with Rice and Broccoli
Beef Filet, Fish Filet or Grilled Chicken Breast

LeCellier offers steak

I went through menus like this for another poster with a similar question yesterday and I was surprised to find that every single option in MGM, Epcot and MK had some adult choices mixed in with the 'regular' kid fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter