DDP question

tkhkroberts

Mouseketeer
I am renting points from someone to stay at the VWL in August. We would like to have the Disney Dining Plan during this stay but I have a couple of questions about this.

1) Do I have to buy park tickets from Disney for this or is it enough that a DVC member is adding this to our reservation?

2) Will this cover all the days that we are staying there or only the ones that we are staying on points. The member is booking cash nights for the weekend to save us money in the long run from his rental charge.

I guess I am confused after reading at allearsnet.com about how to get the dining plan. Can someone please clarify this for me.
Thanks.

Not sure about the second part of your question, but you do not have to buy tickets form Disney to add them your reservation on points. You can just call (once you get the ressie #, or get the member to) and they will add it and you pay for the DDP when you check in. The DDP is based on how many nights you are staying.
As for as when you are staying on cash, I would guess it would be different. It will be handled as two seperate ressies. As a "regular cash" guest normally you have to purchase the tickets from Disney and pay in advance for the DDP.
I did this in July, but stayed in a different resort. We checked in for one night at All Star Movies with the DDP and I purchased 7 day hopper passes, even though we were there only one night. The next day I checked into OKW, on rented points, and paid for the DDP there, and used the passes we had already purchased at All Star Movies.

Hope this helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter