• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP Question - Parents and extra meals

MooseDog

Earning My Ears
My parents are going to stay with me for 2 nights for the free dining plan. When they leave, I will have a few left over meals. I figured I would let them stay with me to save them some $(retired). I am allowed to use those, correct?

I am not totally understanding your question.:confused3

Are you staying longer than your parents? And they are only staying for two nights of however many nights you are staying?

It is my understanding that all people have to have the same package deal if they are staying in the same room. Your room must accommodate them and they will receive dining credits for the number of nights that you have booked, whether or not they are present for all of those nights. The room key has access to the total number of dining credits associated with the room. You will be able to use all the dining credits after they leave, after all, I do believe that you will have paid for their accommodation in your room, even when they aren't there.

If you have them on the room the whole time I would guess yes. But then you'll be paying $20 a night more for a room since adults cost more. Are they going to be there the 1st night, because they have to be there at check in..

It seems there are many ways to interpret what you are trying to do. Without more info, it is difficult to say what is allowed.

If you have the plan for 5 days but they are only staying for 3 days, it appears you have extra meals on your ticket. They paid for the tickets and got the free dining so you *should* be able to use them.

However, you talk about their saving money, which is where the confusion comes in. If you have the plan and are staying at a resort and they are staying with you without checking in, that's against Disney rules and they wouldn't get the dining plan (please don't think I am saying you are doing this, that is just an interpretation of what you have presented).

To get the free dining, everyone in your party would need to purchase the hotel room and the MYW tickets, so it doesn't appear they would "save" money by following the rules for the package, thus the possible interpretation.

In short, if all of you buy the room and the tickets and they just leave early, you probably can use their allotment of meals.

If they are just showing up and spending time in the hotel with you and purchasing their tickets separately, an interpretation possible with the info you have provided, they won't be getting free dining and you will risk getting caught and possibly asked to leave for violating the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter