• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ddp problem!

Babsydoodle

Mouseketeer
Family goes every year to Disneyworld and book with AAA and use the free DDP. We booked this year in March, for 11-25-11 through 11-30-11. I specifically asked if my plan would be adjusted to reflect the free DDP if it becomes available-I called twice directly to Disney Reservations and each time I was told yes, and perhaps I should only pay a deposit so it would be easier to adjust and AAA rep said the same thing. DID NOT HAPPEN! Now I am told we had to arrive on any day that it was offered-not a day before! had I known this I would of! to late to change, time scheduled at work and cannot change and arrangements made for pets, house etc. and all paid for except the Disney trip itself. I contacted Disney Customer Relations but they basically said to bad so sad, only in their polite Disney way. Expensive lesson learned here, and I am very sad that Disney didn't even offer anything "minor" to say sorry for their lack of information given to their reservationists. At least AAA offered a small "consilation prize! Sorry MEMBERS I just had to vent!

Did you price out the difference with AAA vs Free Dining? Maybe in the long run you are still saving since "Free Dining" is not so free since you pay a higher price for your room.

I'm not sure what or why you expect something from disney. They didnt adjust your package because it did not become available. You specifically said I asked if my reservation would be adjusted if free dining because available well it isnt available so not sure what you expected to do?

Your only option would be to split your reservation and do room only for 25th and 26th and then do package starting 27th with the free dining. I have read you can pick up your tix early...so call the TA and ask to change your reservation in this way.

You have to arrive in the Free Dining available dates to get the promotion. No one was dishonest with you. Your arrival date is 2 days before the free dining promotion starts (and the day after Thanksgiving, so I don't know why you'd think they'd start the promotion then).

You have the option of doing room only for the first 2 nights and a free dining package for 11/27-30. You can get tickets for your entire stay with the free dining package and pick them up early at Guest Relations.

Family goes every year to Disneyworld and book with AAA and use the free DDP. We booked this year in March, for 11-25-11 through 11-30-11. I specifically asked if my plan would be adjusted to reflect the free DDP if it becomes available-I called twice directly to Disney Reservations and each time I was told yes, and perhaps I should only pay a deposit so it would be easier to adjust and AAA rep said the same thing. DID NOT HAPPEN! Now I am told we had to arrive on any day that it was offered-not a day before! had I known this I would of! to late to change, time scheduled at work and cannot change and arrangements made for pets, house etc. and all paid for except the Disney trip itself. I contacted Disney Customer Relations but they basically said to bad so sad, only in their polite Disney way. Expensive lesson learned here, and I am very sad that Disney didn't even offer anything "minor" to say sorry for their lack of information given to their reservationists. At least AAA offered a small "consilation prize! Sorry MEMBERS I just had to vent!

I am confused and want to understand. We have been doing free dining for several yrs and realize we can only get it, as you stated, IF it becomes available AND for when we are booked. From what you have written, it is not during your check in, but the next day. Can you not split the ressie into two, one just a day and the rest when free dining is avaiable. May not be the perfect solution, but they have to impose specific dates or it would be free dining all year long. The first day can maybe be used as a resort, pool, downtown disney whatever day :goodvibes

I don't see why the FD dates would apply to everybody except you. Seriously ?!

Just book your first 2 nights as room-only and the rest of your stay as a package with free dining.

I did price out and there is a $350.00 price difference. Great suggestion for changing the reservation for a different resort. I will try that. I believed that Disney WOULD offer a DDP for the fall as they usually do, but this time my dates were slighty off. Gotta luv the DISboards!:hippie:

I did price out and there is a $350.00 price difference. Great suggestion for changing the reservation for a different resort. I will try that. I believed that Disney WOULD offer a DDP for the fall as they usually do, but this time my dates were slighty off. Gotta luv the DISboards!:hippie:

The reason your dates were off is because you are arriving Thanksgiving weekend.

i'm guessing that you misunderstood... you asked if it would be adjustable when FD is available... you were told yes... at that time the reservationists had no clue what dates would be released... while it "appears" that FD is available, it is NOT available for your exact dates, therefore your reservation as it stands is not adjustable to FD... and really, disney owes you nothing for not releasing popular travel dates for FD... if you were them, would you?!

as far as options, other posters have outlined various strategies you could take... you could live with what you've got... you could explore a room discount... you could adjust your dates... or you could adjust your package, going room-only for the beginning of your trip when FD is not available and have a 2nd package reservation w/FD when it is available... the last option definitely adds some maintenance and work to your vacation, which you may or may not be willing to endure to save some $$...

whatever you decide, please realize that you were not duped or lied to, and have a magical vacation!

Rules on the FD promo are pretty clear. Disney has always been zero tolerance on these rules.

Did you price out the difference with AAA vs Free Dining? Maybe in the long run you are still saving since "Free Dining" is not so free since you pay a higher price for your room.

We don't pay a higher price for our room on free dining. Why would that be?
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter