DDP need quick help please

RumpleMom

DIS Veteran
DVC members

I never considered the DDP, as we usually eat breakfast in the room, so I didn't think we needed it. Now the Grandparents are going too and they like going out for breakfast, probably several times, but not every day, but more than we are used to.

DD and her girlfriend will be joining us for 3 days later in the trip, but will not be doing any parks, just enjoying the pool.

I read FAQ section, but have more questions:

Can I not get DDP for the 2 pool loungers?

How would a soda or just ice cream at Beaches and Cream be counted?

Is lunch and dinner the same number(1CS) if at a counter service restaurant?

I am a planner, but yesterday changed all of my previous planning, so I am scrambling here to catch up with the info. TIA

You can only get the Dining Plan for the registered guests on your reservations, and all must get the Dining Plan for the entire duration of your reservation, regardless of how many days each guest will be present.

Lunch and dinner are the same number of credits.

Beaches and Cream is a table service restaurant so if using the plan for anything there it would count as a TS credit. But you can always pay out of pocket for a drink or ice cream rather than using a credit.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all counted the same for CS.

I just talked to Disney dining and was told they could not help me with info for DDP. They don't explain the cost etc. I was told I needed to talk to CRO.

So I just talked to someone at CRO and was told DVC members could not partcipate in DDP.

I called CRO again and was told it was too late to sign up for DDP as it had to be purchased when the room reservation and park ticket was purchased.

I thought I could add the DDP as long as it was prior to arrival. Iwas told that is not possible, it is not an add-on thing.

Can't DVC members add it on?

So what's right??

I think you can get a more up to date answer on the DVC board. I remember reading there that you can add the DPP as a member (with member services?) It must be added prior to arrival.

Shelly

I just talked to Disney dining and was told they could not help me with info for DDP. They don't explain the cost etc. I was told I needed to talk to CRO.

So I just talked to someone at CRO and was told DVC members could not partcipate in DDP.

I called CRO again and was told it was too late to sign up for DDP as it had to be purchased when the room reservation and park ticket was purchased.

I thought I could add the DDP as long as it was prior to arrival. Iwas told that is not possible, it is not an add-on thing.

Can't DVC members add it on?

So what's right??
That's the second time recently I've heard this comment from CRO and it's either a BIG misunderstanding or it's BS. DVC members staying in a DVC resort on points CAN certainly get DDP. You have to do it through MS, not CRO, so that may be the problem.

You can add DDP prior to your arrival. I've heard three days, and I've heard any time prior to arrival, but you can definitely add it long after making your original ressie.

You don't have to buy ANY park tickets, but you do have to purchase it for each member of your party for each night of your stay...whether they will use it or not. That might fit your plans and be a great deal -- or it might not and be an awful deal. But it is what it is. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't.

Yes, of course. Disney Dining doesn't offer the Dining Plan -- rather CRO/WDTC and AAA do to regular guests, and DVC Member Services offers the Dining Plan to DVC guests. That's a good point that isn't obvious.

If you're talking about the offering to DVC members, you should be talking to DVC Member Services, not CRO. CRO wouldn't know anything about what DVC offers its members.

You can add the Dining Plan onto a DVC points reservation until a few days prior. Once Member Services transfers control of the reservation to the resort, it is too late.

Once Member Services transfers control of the reservation to the resort, it is too late.

Is this an assumption? I really doubt that this is the case. Everything I've read from DVC just says "prior to arrival." And for a fast approaching stay I asked MS how late I could add the DDP. For our Monday arrival, I was told Saturday was the latest. The reservation should be over to BC by then. But that is the last day before our arrival that MS is open.

But it does have to be added by MS. I do think CMs at the DRC who handle dining reservations as well should be aware of the fact that DVC members can book the DDP and just advise people to call MS.

No, that's my understanding from talking to Member Services. There comes a point after which they cannot make changes to the reservation.

No, that's my understanding from talking to Member Services. There comes a point after which they cannot make changes to the reservation.

But when is that point? I don't believe it is the often quoted and completely unsubstantiated three days nor the currently popular line of "when MS turns the reservation over to the resort."

I believe it isn't a consistent number of days prior.

Just reporting back, that DDP can be added to DVC points reservation as long as it is 3 days prior to arrival. Thanks everyone.

Just reporting back, that DDP can be added to DVC points reservation as long as it is 3 days prior to arrival. Thanks everyone.

Ah, WDW inconsistency....got to love it!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter