DDP.....need help........

RCM

Mouseketeer
There is conflicting information about when we have to pay for the dining plan. Last July when I booked for June I added the DDP to our ressie and was told to pay when we check-in for stay. Now I see on the board we have to pay 48 hrs. before check--in. Does anyone really know for sure? If we don't could we lose the DDP?

Thanks

You have to add it to the reservation at least 48 hours prior, but can still pay for it at check in.

You have to add it to the reservation at least 48 hours prior, but can still pay for it at check in.

DVC is moving to a pay when you add the DDP to your reservation, which must be done at least 48 hours before check-in. This means, if you add the DDP when you make your room reservation at the 11 month mark, you'll need to pay for the DDP at that time. Again, there is no requirement that you add it when you make your reservation, so you can always add later (as long as you do it at least 48 hours before check-in - you cannot add it when you check-in).

We are arriving at BLT next Saturday. I just added the QSDP last week and I was told I needed to pay for it at check in.

DVC is moving to a pay when you add the DDP to your reservation, which must be done at least 48 hours before check-in. This means, if you add the DDP when you make your room reservation at the 11 month mark, you'll need to pay for the DDP at that time. Again, there is no requirement that you add it when you make your reservation, so you can always add later (as long as you do it at least 48 hours before check-in - you cannot add it when you check-in).

Just spoke with DVC and it is still pay when you arrive. It may change in the future but for now it is the same as always.

Just spoke with DVC and it is still pay when you arrive. It may change in the future but for now it is the same as always.

Not may, will...

DVCMember Site said:
Booking system enhancements to debut later this year

Booking system enhancements at Disneyland®, Walt Disney World® and Disney Vacation Club® Resorts, designed to improve the Member and Guest experience, are on the way as part of one of the largest Information Technology efforts in the history of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Originally scheduled to impact Member Services' booking system this spring, the changes are now slated to debut later this year. Here's a look at some of the changes Members will experience when the enhanced systems are in place:

•Member Services will begin e-mailing reservation confirmations to Members and other Guests in those Members' traveling parties.
•Members will begin creating simplified "travel plans" that combine all accommodations for their trip. Gone will be the days of booking separate reservations for every room and resort included in the trip. No more juggling multiple confirmation or cancellation numbers. Instead, a single travel plan and confirmation number will represent the entire trip, regardless of the number of rooms and resorts included. Members will no longer need to link separate reservations, as they'll be included in one travel plan.
•When booking multiple, consecutive accommodations on a travel plan, Members will be able to book advanced dining reservations as many as 180 days prior to the check-in date of the first accommodation for the length of stay (up to 10 days) of the entire travel plan.
•Members will pay for their Disney Dining Plan through Member Services when booking their reservation. Members who don't wish to pay when booking their reservation will have the option of adding the Disney Dining Plan to their reservation as many as 48 hours prior to arrival and paying for the plan just prior to the start of their vacation.
•When booking cash reservations, Members will pay a deposit of one night room plus tax at the time of booking.
Future plans call for further enhancements, including the ability to reserve Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations online.

i see its now saying later this year??

Anyone have a clue when?...I really would love to pay for my dining before I go.

i see its now saying later this year??

Anyone have a clue when?...I really would love to pay for my dining before I go.

The Disney Files magazine mentioned late summer, or early Fall. I suspect the Sept/Oct timeframe the system will be in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter