DDP = More than 1 family in suite, how does it work?

FranP

The Music Teacher's Mom
I don't know if anyone else has asked this question, so please forgive me if it duplicates another thread. We will be going to OKW in November - 18 people, but 6 families. I understand that the credits are usually pooled on the room key cards, but how do they do it when there are more than 1 family. Member Services at OKW said that when each family checks in (since we are all arriving on the same day, but not all are traveling together), they (each family) will pay for their DDP and then their credits will be on their key cards. Does this sound right? If there is anyone else who did this, could you please give me more details as to how it worked? We are a little concerned that all the credits will end up on one card and since we will not be spending 4every minute together, this is not what we want to happen.

Any info/help you can give me would be greatly appreciated - I hope I am worrying for nothing LOL!!!:love:

Also, editing to mention that we are staying in one studio room and two 2-bedroom suites - does that have any effect on how the credits go on the cards?

I don't know if anyone else has asked this question, so please forgive me if it duplicates another thread. We will be going to OKW in November - 18 people, but 6 families. I understand that the credits are usually pooled on the room key cards, but how do they do it when there are more than 1 family. Member Services at OKW said that when each family checks in (since we are all arriving on the same day, but not all are traveling together), they (each family) will pay for their DDP and then their credits will be on their key cards. Does this sound right? If there is anyone else who did this, could you please give me more details as to how it worked? We are a little concerned that all the credits will end up on one card and since we will not be spending 4every minute together, this is not what we want to happen.

Any info/help you can give me would be greatly appreciated - I hope I am worrying for nothing LOL!!!:love:

Also, editing to mention that we are staying in one studio room and two 2-bedroom suites - does that have any effect on how the credits go on the cards?
Thanks for that edit! I was on the verge of a stroke, waiting for the "All I asked for was 14 rollaways in a studio -- why won't they help me?" thread.:rotfl2:

Usually, the credits are assigned by rooms, and all of the credits are on all of the keys to the room. So if you had six people in a two-bedroom, all six would have access to all of the credits for that group. (Which could be a problem -- especially with teenagers and snack credits!)

If you have more than one family unit staying in the same villa, I'm not sure how that works. You might call the resort back (ask specifically for the front desk, because the first number you reach is going to be a call center), and ask them that question very specifically. And then double-check upon arrival.

If you've never stayed in an OKW 2 BR, you might want to take several colors of string or a good GPS with you to help you find your way around. They are enormous!

Thanks for that edit! I was on the verge of a stroke, waiting for the "All I asked for was 14 rollaways in a studio -- why won't they help me?" thread.:rotfl2:

LoL, no strokes, please - that's what I thought when I reread it, that someone would think we were trying to fit 18 people in one room.

We have been members at OKW almost since the beginning, and have stayed in all types of rooms, from studios to villas, and you are absolutely correct, they are huge and beautiful!!!!! I have to admist that I still have a problem when I come out of the big bedroom in a one or two bedroom and have to think exactly which way to go LOL!!!!!!

Thanks for your input - the group is mostly adults and several small children so as long as they understand how many credits they are entitled to, I don't think that would be a big problem. But, if they don't all check in at the same time that would mean that all the DDP's won't be paid for at the same time, so how can all the credits be placed on each of the room keys if all per room haven't been paid for??? I'm confused:confused3 , I understand it in theory, but I'm not sure that it will work that way in practice. I guess I will have to call - should I try Member Services or the front desk at OKW???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter