DDP Menu choices at Narcoossee's?

GOOD NEWS !
Just got my call back!
Lobster on the DDP is still included ................

I also called Dis and they called Narcoossee's while I was on the phone - they said no there hasn't been any changes and do not know of any in the future that would exclude anything on the dining plan.

Thank you both for going the extra mile! I had seriously considered ordering lobster so its nice to know its still an option. We have an ADR in 10 days!

Disney doesn't post menus. There isn't any guarantee lobster will even be on the menu.

Disney hasn't excluded specific menu items from the Dining Plan but in past years the CP dinner package specifically excluded lobster.

I guess Disney could remove lobster from the entree section of the menu which would exclude it from dining guests but allow cash customers to order it.

A table service credit is valued (by Disney) at around $26 or around $52 for a signature restaurant. The two lobster menu items at this restaurants are twice the price of other entrees. Do the math.

That's the Teppanyaki CP package right? I couldn't think of anywhere else in Epcot that sold lobster (that isn't in a soup). I think Teppanyaki quit serving it some time ago. Of course there is no more Teppanyaki now, who knows what the new place will have if they ever finish it.

There are 9 two-credit restaurants (not counting room service or the dinner shows) and only one of them serves lobster. The others must have something that made them worth two credits.

GOOD NEWS !
Just got my call back!
Lobster on the DDP is still included ................

I also called Dis and they called Narcoossee's while I was on the phone - they said no there hasn't been any changes and do not know of any in the future that would exclude anything on the dining plan. I was so glad to hear this because we have reservations in January. However, there's always the clause "menues are subject to change". JUst please, please hold on to the current menu until AFTER we have dinner. LOL

Well that is fantastic news:banana: We will be going in Nov to celebrate DH's birthday, and Narcoosee's is his favorite for this reason:goodvibes
Thanks for your help!

Yeah to the lobster! :cloud9: We have ADRs for Sept. 15th for our last night. We ate there last year on our last night (could this be a new tradition?) and it was very good. A wonderful way to end our trip, and yes, we had the Lobster and Filet. Our server was quick to point out to us that we could have anything on the menu with DDP. Glad to hear it hasn't changed. Thanks for making the calls!

You just made my heart skip a beat. We have ressies in one week for my birthday. I specifically made the ressies at Narcossees so I could get my favorite meal (Lobster) for my birthday. Captn Jacks also serves lobster but I really wanted to be near MK for dinner. I'm so happy it will work out. I can't wait!

Restaurants that serve lobster sometimes run out before the end of the night. Disney can leave lobster on the menu and still make it available to DDP but limit the number of lobsters that are sold. I wouldn't count on getting lobster if you have a late dinner reservation.

Restaurants that serve lobster sometimes run out before the end of the night. Disney can leave lobster on the menu and still make it available to DDP but limit the number of lobsters that are sold. I wouldn't count on getting lobster if you have a late dinner reservation.
They might but I'll think positive!
DOOM & GLOOM:lmao:
lobster-1.gif
lobster.jpg
:woohoo:

May not be on the menu at all anymore, but definitely not available for dining plan credits.

WOW...so many things change in less than a year. Glad I didn't plan on that one.

We will be at Narcossee's for an early dinner so hopefully they won't be out of Lobsters yet!

thank goodness they didn't take away the lobster!!!

66 days to go - been dreaming of the crabcakes, lobster and almond crusted cheesecake since last september.....:banana:

Thanks for the scoop, mickey2000! My family will be eating at Narcoossees in October on the DDP. I don't know if we will want lobster, but is nice to know we will be able to if we choose.

Just remember - there is no guarantee that lobster will in fact be on the menu when you dine. If its on the menu - sure you should be able to use DDP. However, just b/c lobster is there now, doesn't mean it will be on the menu tomorrow, next week, or a month from now.

Just remember - there is no guarantee that lobster will in fact be on the menu when you dine. If its on the menu - sure you should be able to use DDP. However, just b/c lobster is there now, doesn't mean it will be on the menu tomorrow, next week, or a month from now.

Manager said that it will be there in September.
Your right about it might not be there in the future as Disney is known for dumbing back thier menus. This would make the 2008 meal plan even worse :scared1:

Just had the surf and turf at Narcoossee's, on the DDP, on Monday. No menu restrictions. Absolutely wonderful. We didn't eat until close to 10:00 and they still were serving Maine Lobster, which we could have ordered had we liked.

Narcoossee's was WONDERFUL and yes you can choose whatever you want from the menu on the DDP (as of this week). We ate there for my birthday on Monday and the food was fabulous, the service was wonderful, we loved the atmosphere and it really made my birthday fantastic. The server that we had was very nice about the DDP and encouraged us to get whatever we would like. I choose the whole lobster (man it is nice to have it served cracked and ready for you to enjoy), my dh ate the surf and turf. Both of our meals were well worth the 2 credits. As for the fact that the lobster at Narcoossee's costs more than twice what the other 1 credit restaurants cost, I disagree. Our bill (prior to DDP) at Narcoossees was $187, our bill at Chef's De France was $120. Not twice as much, but well worth the 2 credits IMHO! We will go back for sure!!!!

As for the fact that the lobster at Narcoossee's costs more than twice what the other 1 credit restaurants cost, I disagree. Our bill (prior to DDP) at Narcoossees was $187, our bill at Chef's De France was $120. Not twice as much, but well worth the 2 credits IMHO! We will go back for sure!!!!

I agree with you. My DxDDP spreadsheet came up with a value of $183 for dinner at Narcoosees, with one of us having lobster and the other having the filet & lobster tail. Compare that to Le Cellier - $110, Kona - $104, Coral Reef - $115. It is expensive enough to be worth 2 TS credits, but not more than twice the cost of the best 1TS restaurants. It is, however, the most expensive of the signature meals that I have totals for - Artist Point, Flying Fish, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, and California Grill all come in around $150, and Cinderella's Royal Table totals around $125.

Just wanted to come back to this thread and verify that lobster is still available at Narcoosee's on the DDP, even during the free period. We ate there Thurs. 8/30 and all had the lobster on the DDP.

(On a side note--our meal was a big disappointment. I'll cover it more in a future dining review, but our service was exceptionally inattentive and had big problems getting our orders correct throughout the meal. Maybe we caught them on a bad night, but I wouldn't use 2 credits to give them another try.)

When did this happen? I hadn't heard that?

I had a slight panic attack when I saw that, too. :eek: There is another thread about the twin lobster tails at Cap'n Jack's. It is still on the menu with the DDP...at least as of a couple days ago.

Subject to change, of course. ;)

I'm counting the days(56!) :hourglass until I'm at DTD eating those twin lobster tails! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Ate at Narcoossee's on 8/30, they exceeded our expectations on both service and food! I had the Surf and Turf and subbed scallops for the turf. Had noted nephew's bday in the record, but not made any plans or requests. They had personalized our menus with a bday wish for him and had a button ready for him. This was our first nite meal and his first time ever at Disney. What a magical experience! It was our best meal of the trip and there were plenty of good ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter