• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP & kids

I think in the week we were at WDW in March on DDP, my kids only ordered chicken nuggets 1 time because that is what they wanted. DD9 said BOG was her favorite place we ate at the entire week we were there, she ordered the meatloaf both for dinner (TS) and lunch (QS) both lunch and dinner came with veggies. (3 of the 6 are still 3-9 kids DD9, DS8, DS4)

At any buffets, children are able to fill their plates from any part of the buffet and are not restricted to the "kids buffet".

There are families who have kids that will only eat typical kids meal offerings: mac 'n cheese, chicken nuggets, pb&j. , and there are others who look for more offerings on kids menus fortunately, it is possible to find both at TS locations and different QS locations.

I agree. The same kids choices are found at buffets too. All kids chicken nuggets, pizza etc. are exactly the same too no variation. It's funny you would think Disney would serve higher quality food to their youngest biggest fans.

You do realize that kids and anyone can eat whatever they want off a buffet. Kids are not limited to "kids choices" at buffets. This is why buffets are often recommended for parents who have concerns similar to the OP's who really want to get the dining plan.

They have traditional "kid foods" because that's what the majority wants. There are a lot of options at Disney for those who are inclined to research, though.

My husband and I took our then 3 1/2 y/o GS to WDW last Feb (2012). Knowing this kid had a more cultured palate, is not allowed to eat very much of the typical kids food at home, and has been eating out with his parents since he was born, so is very well behaved in restaurants, we chose to do the DxDDP. I booked almost every character meal Disney offers, so he has the choice of all items on the buffets. As far as other TS meals, he enjoyed Yak & Yeti, Ohana, 50's Prime Time, Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon, Paradsio 37 and T Rex. He did get a hamburger/mini hot dog combo meal at Paradiso 37 and a dino chicken nugget meal at T Rex, but otherwise did not eat a hamburger or chicken nugget all week. I didn't realize that kids don't get a 'real' appetizer on the DxDDP, so most meals he shared our appetizers and was then satisfied with his entree. I did look on the menus at Allears before I made ADRs, to make sure he had some decent options. This kid is not a fan of chicken nuggets, fries, mac & cheese, grilled cheese, etc, so I was concerned that he might actually starve down there, even on the DxDDP or that I'd be forced to eat his kids meals, while he noshed on mine. lol However, we found plenty of 'real food' for him to eat, just by doing our research ahead of time.

I originally thought this also. My 11 year old who has all the adult options prefers the child options he flat out refuses to eat any meat, pizza, PB&J, grilled cheese, mac and cheese and fruit is pretty much it for him. Our daughter who just turned 7 and a child for disney dinning eats a variety and very healthy, we have spent hours (literally) looking at menus, both counter service and table service. 3 of our 7 nights will be at differnt buffets that we thought offered something for every one of our family members, the other 4 were restraunts that had many options. There is a couple of occasions that I think my 11 year old and 7 year old will swap plates.

I agree with the poster that mentioned checking out resorts. I LOVE the menu at our resort and have heard so many great reviews that a couple of the days we will be eating there. we had planned to go back for some swim time and maybe for my youngest to nap (she has a heart condition and tires easily) so those days we will be hitting up the CS there, POR, they offer an option of make your own salad and make your own pasta along with several others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter