DDP "Diary" Survey - anyone else?

sandym718

DIS Veteran
Finally getting a chance to come post about this. Wondering if anyone else got one and thought you all might find it interesting.

After checking in to the Poly on Friday, May 1, a CM approached me and asked if I had checked in (yes) and if we were on a DDP (yes - Basic). She then asked if I'd be willing to complete a Diary of all NON DDP purchases made over our entire trip, keeping receipts to record exactly. I keep them all and track it anyways, so of course I said yes! She took some basic info from me and then gave me a yellow "diary" to complete. Basically, for each day of our trip, I was to indicate where we spent time - on and/or off property - parks, other resorts, our own, etc. Then I was to record ALL $$ spent that was above/beyond the DDP. For example, tips, alcoholic beverages, any meals, snacks OOP. Also all merchandise purchases and misc. purchases (gasoline, groceries, etc.) There were different spots to record it all and codes to use for where the $$ was spent. At the back of the diary there was also a questionnaire with other basic info, and then a postage paid envelope to mail it in. She said to do it after our trip - I kind of did it as we went along and finished it at home - and then mail it in. We'll get a $25 gift card in the mail (for what I'm not sure, probably Disney?)

Anyone else do this? Any thoughts on what it means - are they trying to determine 2010 dining plans??

haven't done it, but have seen reports. People say it takes a good 6-8 weeks after returning the diary before they receive their gift card.

Sounds like a lot of work, even if you usually keep receipts...like I keep track of additional food & drink to see if DDP is still a "deal" but don't keep track of everything else.

It wasn't that bad because we really don't buy that much!! It was all just Tips and our T-Rex dinner as far as food. A couple souvenier purchases, our PhotoPass shoot, gasoline, and DD's hair braiding. That was really about it. I charged everything to the room too, so even if I didn't have receipts, I could've gone by that. I guess if you buy a lot, it could be a lot of work, but just took me a few minutes each day.

It does say 6-8 weeks for the gift card.

I think WDW is always researching how to better sever us from our money.;) And, or how to better "bundle" their products or serve the customers. I see the Researchers in the parks, etc all the time. I've been asked research questions several times. I think the Quick Service DP came out of research. I'm sure lots of people said they'd love to do a dining plan, but either couldn't afford it or just didn't want to commit their time to sit down meals and be "tied" to ADR's.

The diary sounds like a great research tool. However, it seems like a lot of work for just a $25 card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter