DDP credits clarification needed

chic mama

Mouseketeer
clarification needed....

I will have a split stay. One night at the first hotel with the dining plan. Check out of first hotel and into second hotel on day 2. I was told by the reservation line today that I should not do online check in for reservation 2 because as soon as I check in for the second reservation the dining plan credits will expire. I thought they were active until 11:59pm on checkout day, regardless if I check in to another Disney hotel. The CM said I have a unique situation since I have a split stay (which I didn’t think was that unique!) and the credits would expire as soon as I check in to the second hotel NOT 11:59pm. I think she might be mistaken but just want to make sure we don’t lose our dining credits which we plan on using for dinner on check out day of the first reservation but would like to get settled at the second hotel before dinner! Thanks for any info you can provide!

She is mistaken. Your dining credits expire at midnight on check out day. I was at 3 different resorts on my last trip at the beginning of December and that was the case. If you have a dining plan at your second resort, you have to use all the credits from your previous plan before that one kicks in.

We also have had the dining plan with a split stay and our credits were good until midnight. Unless this is something that’s changing you shouldn’t have a problem.

We have also had CM's at check-in to our second resort of a split-stay combine our remaining credits (which were mostly snack credits), so that they didn't expire any time that day at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter