DDP & Candlelight Processional Dinner Package

knlasv

Mouseketeer
We will be at EPCOT on Dec 30 and really would like to get a seat to see Neil Patrick Harris read at the CP. I have heard he is the most popular reader and it is near impossible to get a seat without the dinner package unless you wait hours in line. I would rather not wait hours in line so I am strongly considering the dinner package!
Dilemma! This is the last night of our trip and we will have only 2 TS credits left total (currently have ADR for Tokyo Dining). Since the dinner package costs 2 credits each, can DH use the credits and I pay OOP?

Thanks!

Can you split the reservation though? This is a good use of 2ts credits for me on the DxDDP but maybe not so much for the kiddo (maybe yes, maybe no). Could I use credits for me and pay for him OOP?
thanks

Can you split the reservation though? This is a good use of 2ts credits for me on the DxDDP but maybe not so much for the kiddo (maybe yes, maybe no). Could I use credits for me and pay for him OOP?
thanks

Yes you can!

Yes you can!
it may sound silly but we are doing the dxddp and i have two signatures and a CP planned, and I will need to pay for one of his 2TS meals OOP - depending on how the schedule shakes out for HS fireworks, if we do Coral Reef wtih it it is $24 for the kid and I think it will be worth it. But if we do La Hacienda with it, it may not be worth it at $17.50 over the other signature meals we are doing. It's only a few $$ but I can't leave anything on the table, lol. It will also depend on whether the kid wants mac and cheese or a steak and will touch any of the apps, lol.

Do you mean NOV 30? Because if you're there DEC 30, Neil Patrick Harris is not the narrator. Cal Rypkin Jr is the narrator on Dec 30.
Yes, sorry! Nov 30!
Thanks for the help everyone. I figured we could do this, but I wanted to check with the experts first!

I have a dinner reservation at Biergarten with the Candlelight Processional package. It doesn't say anywhere on the website that this is two credits per person.

I have a dinner reservation at Biergarten with the Candlelight Processional package. It doesn't say anywhere on the website that this is two credits per person.

You're right, but it is either 2 credits or no credits accepted. It's been 2 credits for the past two years.

it may sound silly but we are doing the dxddp and i have two signatures and a CP planned, and I will need to pay for one of his 2TS meals OOP - depending on how the schedule shakes out for HS fireworks, if we do Coral Reef wtih it it is $24 for the kid and I think it will be worth it. But if we do La Hacienda with it, it may not be worth it at $17.50 over the other signature meals we are doing. It's only a few $$ but I can't leave anything on the table, lol. It will also depend on whether the kid wants mac and cheese or a steak and will touch any of the apps, lol.

Lisa, by the time you get to the CP, you may have the credits available for your son. That would mean you shared two TS meals with him, but honestly that is wicked easy to do on the DxDDP, and a done deal if you share at a signature meal. The appetizer alone can be enough for me if I get a bit of dessert o a slice of whatever protein is on my dining partners plate.

It is 2 credits. Alway 2 credits. Are you sure you booked the right one? I am not being snippy, it is easy to choose the wrong meal package on that site.

Lisa, by the time you get to the CP, you may have the credits available for your son. That would mean you shared two TS meals with him, but honestly that is wicked easy to do on the DxDDP, and a done deal if you share at a signature meal. The appetizer alone can be enough for me if I get a bit of dessert o a slice of whatever protein is on my dining partners plate.
it's unlikely we'd share anything because he is a picky eater. I know at some restaurants kids can order off the adult menu but he would not like any of that stuff :) Also we are not doing all that many non aycte restaurants. I am basically 2ts short so it would be either one of the two sigs or CP - there are only two other 1ts restaurants that are not aycte.

it's unlikely we'd share anything because he is a picky eater. I know at some restaurants kids can order off the adult menu but he would not like any of that stuff :) Also we are not doing all that many non aycte restaurants. I am basically 2ts short so it would be either one of the two sigs or CP - there are only two other 1ts restaurants that are not aycte.

I forgot he is a bit picky. I usually travel with my DD or my DDIL along so we always have someone who wants to share.

It is 2 credits. Alway 2 credits. Are you sure you booked the right one? I am not being snippy, it is easy to choose the wrong meal package on that site.
They really need to put that information on their website. I just checked again and it doesn't say it is two credits for the Candlelight package. I cancelled that package and just booked Biergarten separately. I'm not going to waste dining credits on something we can see for free since I don't care where we sit - we've seen it several times.

They really need to put that information on their website. I just checked again and it doesn't say it is two credits for the Candlelight package. I cancelled that package and just booked Biergarten separately. I'm not going to waste dining credits on something we can see for free since I don't care where we sit - we've seen it several times.
just FYI the lineups can be fairly long and you can wait and not get in to the current show and have to wait for the next one. I budgeted it in for convenience (also doing the DxDDP lowers the per TS value of credits a bit too). It's tough for my kiddo to wait so these things are invaluable. The calculus might change if it were an adult only trip for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter