• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP: Are shakes beverages or desserts?

I've read that they count as drinks at Whispering Canyon Cafe and as desserts at Sci-Fi Dine In. I don't know about anywhere else.

We were able to get the shakes and smoothies as our drinks everwhere we went, including WCC, Le Celliers, and Sci~fi;)

Can't say that this is true now, but in December my shake at 50s Prime Time Cafe was considered dessert. :) I believe it varies by restaurant and/or servers.

Ask your server. Most of the time they count as drinks.

We asked each time (DD likes shakes and smoothies) and sometimes it counted as a dessert, but most of the time it was a drink.

Le Cellier has smoothies (drink), Whispering Canyon has shakes (drink), and 50's Prime Time has shakes (drink). Those are the ones I know!

In May, it depended on the restaurant. At Le Cellier and WCC, smoothies/shakes were beverages covered on the DDP. At both places, the server told us this before we ordered. At WCC, it was a " shake" so refills were included.

At other places, shakes are a dessert. Best policy is to check with the server. At some places, they are available only OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter