DDP and Small Children

pooh's honey

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I've been trying to plan a trip fro August 2016 and have a question about the dining plan. This will be the first trip as a family 5 (Me, DH, 6 y, 2y, and infant). Because only one child under the age of 3 is allowed in the room in a crib, as I understand it, we are going to have to add the 2 year old to the room reservation. Does this then mean that we will have to pay for the dining plan for him too, if we decide to get it? I'm a little confused on the details. Thanks!

The 2 year old is free. You do not pay for the DDP for him, but you won't be able to order a separate meal for him either. If your 6 year old is like my kids and isn't a huge eater, then the 2 year old can share a meal with him or share some of everyone's meals, including you and dad. Trust me, there is PLENTY of food to share!

At buffets you can get the 2 year old his own plates of food.

Hope this helps!

OK thanks! I was just worried because usually everyone on the room reservation has to have the same meal plan and since he'll have to be on it.

OK thanks! I was just worried because usually everyone on the room reservation has to have the same meal plan and since he'll have to be on it.

If they dont need a park ticket (under 3yo), they don't "get" the dining plan. They can share with you all, or you can pay OOP for a meal for under 3.

Everyone needs to be on the room reservation, even the infant. The "first infant is free" isn't really true. The first infant doesn't count against room occupancy limits. But they still need to be accounted for in the reservation. Everyone 3 and older will have to purchase the dining plan.

Oh, and make sure you list all five people when making your dining reservations.

Last edited:
One thing Disney is really good at is pricing kids meals. If you wan tto order one meal off of the menu the cost is so little. As others have said, this will just be for meals that are not buffet or all youcare to eat. Little ones under 3 are nor charges, at those meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter