Ddp And Kids Meal?

sjms71 said:
This is exactly my point. Although very healthy options my kids won't eat any of that. They would eat the side items(they don't like french fries much). However, none of those main items (they are 6 & 8). Maybe I'll just get the kids meal and they can have my burger. I almost think it's funny chicken garden salad yeah right, while mom and dad are chowing down of cheese burgers. Too funny. LOL :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's what I'm going to do; order the kids salad for me and a double cheeseburger with fries for DD which she won't finish so we'll share and it will be a good meal for both of us.

In one of the above posts a poster states that at CS if your card states 3 adults they won't let you order 4 adult meals. Yet there have been several posts lately of individuals ordering extra CS meals on their last day to use up credits. Perhaps they aren't ordering them all at once, or at the same counter but I specifically remember one that states she bought 5 meals for people in line with her. I don't recall how many were in her original party so perhaps she had at least 5 adults in her party.

Suppose a party has 5 left over adult CS credits on their last day yet their card states 3 adults. Will they really not be allowed to use all 5 credits at once? With the nonseparation of the credits by adult and child it all gets muddy. I suppose one could make more than one trip to a counter or use different CS restaurants to use up their credits.

This is one of those questions that is covered by the moderator's edict:
Any questions regarding the use of the plan that are not answered specifically in the WDW Dining Brochure cannot be accurately answered on these boards and should be addressed to WDW Dining. Interpretation of the rules has led to a tremendous amount of debate on these boards. To avoid further conflict, we will close any threads that ask for interpretation of the rules and encourage the poster to contact WDW Dining.
All we can say is that the Dining Plan prohibits use of child meal entitlements for adult meals.

I certainly didn't want to start any lively discussions and would not want to encourage anyone to abuse the system. However, if I indeed had more adult credits on my last day than the number of adults on my card I would hope to be able to use those credits without any hassle. If that meant going through 2 different lines or whatever I guess there would be options. In our case, I can't imagine having extra adult credits to worry about. If anything, my children will have credits which can easily be used for last day waffles!

Again, this is something that cannot be discussed here on the DIS. Sorry. Please contact Disney for further information.

I've just been checking the children's menus for the various parks and I didn't realise how poor the choices are! We have never used the DDP before and have mostly bought our DD's food from the adult menu. I'm happy to have found this thread, at least now I have a few ideas as to what I can do when we use the DDP on our next trip!

We found that our resort was the only place kids could order anything. When we arrived they asked if we were new to the dining plan and someone pointed out what was snacks, etc and they said that they only offered 2 official kids meals and that it was too limited for a long stay so kids could order any meal and they would just give them less. We ate there 3 times and it was consistent. This was at PO-FQ.

Yvonne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter