DDP and Food and Wine

nocomment711

Ces Soirees-La
We're planning on going down to Disney for food and wine (and spending at least two days to graze through Epcot). We do want to do signature dining (citricos, Narcoossees and fultons) and some in-park dining, as well as dine with an imagineer (which may or may not be included in the dining plan depending on where you get your info).

Do you think we should still get the regular dining plan (I think going deluxe would be a waste) and just using up the credits, or if we should do out of pocket for everything.

Thanks!

This is a hard one. You could definitely use up your snack credits at F&W, and with most of the snacks well over the $5 price point, that's a great value for those. However, you will be full from snacking and not want to eat a regular meal on those Epcot days, so you risk having meal credits to burn. But, you said you want to do some signature dining, so you would have the TS credits to do some of those. You may find you have some QS to burn and could use those for breakfast. Just be sure to order the most expensive breakfast you can to not undo the value you got from your snacks. If you can find a morning to eat breakfast at WPE over at DTD, that would be a great way to get value out of the plan.

We're planning on going down to Disney for food and wine (and spending at least two days to graze through Epcot). We do want to do signature dining (citricos, Narcoossees and fultons) and some in-park dining, as well as dine with an imagineer (which may or may not be included in the dining plan depending on where you get your info).

Do you think we should still get the regular dining plan (I think going deluxe would be a waste) and just using up the credits, or if we should do out of pocket for everything.

Thanks!

I went to F&W last year and got the Deluxe Dining Plan. Because I was also celebrating my birthday, I had to be creative about how to use my TS credits so that none were wasted. I used my snack credits each day to sample things at F&W. I also ate at Victoria & Albert's(which isn't on the dining plan) and paid OOP. I then did Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Sci-Fi Diner, California Grill, CRT and Boma while I was there. To me, the samples at F&W weren't that filling. I would try two new things each day and although the cost was a good value for the snack credits, to me the prices were a little high for what you got.

Having said all that, the next time I go to F&W I won't get a meal plan. There were several ticketed events I wanted to go to(Sweet Sundays, a lunch event, and the wine dinners). Unfortunately, I couldn't do any of these because I had already gotten the meal plan and would have been too full to enjoy them.

Be careful about using 2TS on the regular dining plan to go to signature restaurant. When you break down the cost of the plan, you would need to spend about $70 on the beverage, entree, and dessert to break even. That's very hard to do. With the deluxe dining plan it isn't a problem, but you have to order the most expensivee items to get your money's worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter