Ddp & adrs

Muscateer

Dis Veteran
I have never done Disney with DDP and ADRs, have always just appeared at where I want to eat on the day.

Are ADRs really only for making sure you get to eat where you want and DDP for budgeting out your meals? OR am I missing out on other stuff?

I am planning our next trip and just wondered if these are the things I should be thinking about this time.:confused3

TIA

Sadie

your description is basicaly correct...

Depending on the time of year you go, ADRs are essential if you want to eat at a TS restraunt. You can get walk ins at the less popular places, but there's no guarentee.

The DDP imo is a pre-pay system that saves you money assuming you like to eat at TS restraunts. Whether it's good for you is a personal thing based on TS vs CS dining, how many times you like sit down meals, etc.

Hi Sadie.
Depending on time of year you are going it can be impossible to get into some places to eat without an ADR. When we were there in August almost everywhere was booked up but we did a lot of popular restaurants. I know at least 3 places were telling people at the desk no walk in, ADR's only, Le Cellier, Cali Grill & Tutto Italia, probably even more but we heard them refusing walk in dining at these.
There are so many offers with free DDP now that many locals complain they can't eat in Disney anymore so at busy times you need to do ADR's.

As for DDP, personally I don't think its worth paying for, we had it free this year which was great but we like to eat offsite which is about half the cost of onsite. If you eat 100% onsite, use every credit and eat expensive things off the menu then yes it can be worth it but look at the menus and do some sums, not worth it for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter