• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP 2007 changes and attitudes for remainder of 2006

El Tel

Mouseketeer
Having looked at the changes to the DDP for 2007, it set me wondering about the remainder of 2006 (I'm going to WDW and on the DDP in October).

Is it likely that any of these restrictions will start to apply in 2006?

Given that they are leaving the DDP scheme, is it likely that non-Disney restaurants in DTD (e.g. Wolfgang Puck, Earl of Sandwich, Raglan Road) will be less welcoming to DDP diners for the remainder of 2006?

I dont know OP, about attitudes. But, I called Disney dining twice and they said. The changes will not start until 2007. If, I get an attitude. Surely, I will address it, and keep it moving. Surely, we knew nothing about the changes. Nor, did we make any of those changes. So, in my opinion. There is no reason for attitude. Anyhow, have a magical trip!! :wave:

I'm worried about the same thing. We are staying at Coronado Springs and am happy to stay there before the dining plans change but am afraid they won't be so accepting of the dining plan now. Hopefully everything will be as magical as we hope :wizard:

I posted this question earlier (you can see my post and its responses)because we are going xmas week 12/24-12/29/06. Most people thought I was paranoid and that it would have no impact on service of any of the places that are out for 2007. I'll just have to wait and see...I'm no overly conserned. Just looking forward to another great wdw vacation!
Connears

For all we know, by the time you visit, the restaurants you're visiting may already be back in the Dining Plan for 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter