• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE question

elinore13

Earning My Ears
I leave for WDW in just over a week and I am considering buying the DDE card. I am an annual passholder whose membership expires in less than 2 months but I'm sure I'll save enough on my week's vacation to make the card a good investment.

My questions are these:

1. Can I purchase the card when I check into my hotel?

2. I already made my ADR and paid for the Hoop Dee Do. Is it too late to get a 20% credit for that meal?

If anyone has answers to these questions I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

You can get a card at Guest Relations at any of the parks but I'm not sure about HDDR - I can't remember - have they already debited your card or are they just using your card to hold the reservation?

They said they were charging my card when I made the reservation which was just a few weeks ago.

I thought maybe they could apply a 20% credit if I buy the DDE card.

I leave for WDW in just over a week and I am considering buying the DDE card. I am an annual passholder whose membership expires in less than 2 months but I'm sure I'll save enough on my week's vacation to make the card a good investment.

My questions are these:

1. Can I purchase the card when I check into my hotel?

2. I already made my ADR and paid for the Hoop Dee Do. Is it too late to get a 20% credit for that meal?

If anyone has answers to these questions I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

1. You can't get the card at your hotel, however, you can go to Guest Services at any of the parks or at Downtown Disney. Be sure to bring along your Annual Pass and your photo ID. If you want the second card that person needs to be there with AP and Photo ID as well. It took longer to wait in line than it did to pay and get it printed, lol.

2. I would imagine that HDDR would work the same way as CRT....we made reservations and paid in full at CRT and although I told them I had the AP voucher and planned to get the DDE, they still charged me full price. When I arrived I let the waitress know that I had the DDE...she compared my DDE and AP and then later came back with a gift card with the difference. Also, be sure that you booked at the 9:30pm show, as that's the only one that allows the DDE.

When you are at a restaurant, or the Revue for that matter, just advise your server you have the DDE card. They will apply the savings when you settle your bill.

The DDE card is awesome - and literally pays for itself after (2) meals. We have had the card for 4 years now.

The links the other posters should also give you some good info - and provide the details on where it is accepted vs not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter