DDE Card -- a couple (or 3) questions from a rookie card purchaser

foxfire

<font color=00cc00>I wonder what rock I've been hi
This coming trip will be my first time to purchase the DDE card. I think I've read that the expiration on it begins to count down as soon as it's issued and not from the time of it's first use...is that correct? If so, I don't want to buy it now but wait until closer to my trip. I thought I would call a couple of days before arriving and then pick it up at guest relations at Epcot. Is 2 days enough time for my card to be processed? If not, will they give me a voucher to use until the card is ready? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Yes, the countdown does begin from the time you order it. No, 2 days is not enough notice for your actual card to be ready, but yes, they will issue a temporary card that you can pick up from Guest Relations in Epcot.

Cheers!
Heather W

I went to WDW on Nov 30th. I called for my DDE card in the middle of Oct. and the CM asked me when my arrival date was. I told her Nov 30th and my card came 1 week before we left with an expiration date of 11/30/07. I did ask her if I didn't receive my card by the time I left what should I do. She told me to call if I didn't receive it 3 days before i left and I would have to pickup a voucher at the Epcot guest relations for our use while we were there.

Thanks for your fast reply! :) Another question if you don't mind...we are staying 11 days. Do you think my permanent card would be ready before we leave? Would they mail it to me if it's not? Thanks, again!

If you purchase an AP on site, and do not have the voucher in advance, it is possible to get a temporary DDE card.

1. Call the DDE office at 407-566-5858 between 8:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday (except Holidays) and give them your name, the string of letters and numbers on the bottom of the pass (starting with a "W") and your credit card information.

2. Starting at 5:30pm that day, and any time it is open, you can go to the Guest Relations Window outside Epcot's Main Entrance (On your right as you face Spaceship Earth) with a photo ID and you will be given an envelope.

3. The envelope will have in it a temporary card which expires 30 days from the date of the request and a sheet of paper listing all locations which currently accept the card.

4. The plastic embossed card whould arrive at your home within a month. The expiration date on the embossed card will be either the last day of the current month in the next year, or if you ordered it late enough in the month it will be the last day of the following month the next year.

Thank you all for the replies!

Cheshire Figment, that is great info...I really appreciate it! If I do call a couple of days prior to my arrival using my AP voucher, my temporary card should be available at Epcot guest relations earlier than 5:30 pm on my arrival day ...is that correct?

Hey Chesire Figment, does that mean if I call the first week in March for an April 2 arrival, A. I should have my card, and B. it will expire the end of March 2008?
We are planning another trip for the beginning of March 2008 and would like to get 2 trips out of it.

I ordered two years ago, just before my trip (this was one week after they opened the DDE to AP holders, so there was a long wait between ordering and receiving). I ordered it the first week of January, received the permanent card by the first of February, with an expiration of Feb. 28.

I hope they have improved the acceptance of the temporary card--I had a very difficult time using the temporary card, even to the point that one CM in the food court refused to accept the card.

Answer to three questions at once.

foxfire said:
Cheshire Figment, that is great info...I really appreciate it! If I do call a couple of days prior to my arrival using my AP voucher, my temporary card should be available at Epcot guest relations earlier than 5:30 pm on my arrival day ...is that correct?
It will be there starting at 5:30 on the day you order it and will be available any time Guest Services is open.

MikMin6554 said:
Hey Chesire Figment, does that mean if I call the first week in March for an April 2 arrival, A. I should have my card, and B. it will expire the end of March 2008?
We are planning another trip for the beginning of March 2008 and would like to get 2 trips out of it.
Yes, and if you call any time after the middle of March you can get the temporary card when you arrive and the plastic card will have an April 30, 2008 expiration date.
NCRedding said:
I hope they have improved the acceptance of the temporary card--I had a very difficult time using the temporary card, even to the point that one CM in the food court refused to accept the card.
It used to be that the temporary card was a letter that was faxed or e-mailed. There were too many people "editing" these letters prior to printing them, so they were discontinued. Now you actually get a cardboard card, about the size of a ticket, that cannot be easily duplicated or modified.

Cheshire Figment, thank you so much for all the information....it was a huge help! :thumbsup2

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest