DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon, Fellas! Thanks to those who said prayers for my family, I appreciate it. Unfortunately my DFiL passed last Monday evening. Once it was his time, his body started shutting down pretty quickly. My DW said goodbye as she left her parent's house. In about an hour, his heartrate went from being strong to nothing. At least he didn't suffer too long. I've spent time this week helping the family take care of business, leaving the funeral details to the DMiL and DW. There's still a lot of work to do, but it'll take time.

Sounds like you had fun.

Once the popular kids like it it'll be impossible to get into.

That sounds good.
Sorry to hear about your father inlaw. Prayers my friend.

Life is finally slowing back up again. It’s been a cyclone around here since the beginning of April. The good news is pollen season has finally ended, it’s was a rough one this year. Have the better part of two weeks off so catching up on some work around the house outside before someone turns the heat up.
We actually were in the pool this past weekend since December. This winter has been way too cold for Florida. Started the demolding process on everything outside. Driveway, sidewalks and brick landscaping pavers, welcome to Florida. lol. Owning a pressure washer and a constant supply of bleach is a necessity for spring cleanup.
Anyway, all is good here. Till next time.

Started the demolding process on everything outside. Driveway, sidewalks and brick landscaping pavers, welcome to Florida. lol. Owning a pressure washer and a constant supply of bleach is a necessity for spring cleanup.
I've never thought of that as an annual task... or maybe not even an ever task. We don't get much mold on the outside of a house. I'm not sure if we get any.

I've never thought of that as an annual task... or maybe not even an ever task. We don't get much mold on the outside of a house. I'm not sure if we get any.
If it’s outside in Florida, it’s going to turn green or black. I do the concrete in the spring, landscape blocks, sidewalks and driveway in the spring. Pool enclosure in the fall. I pay someone to do the pool enclosure, you need extensions on the power washer and spray bottle or you will end up going swimming when you didn’t plan on it. It’s a big job without the proper equipment, all the white aluminum and the screens all have to be done. This was done back in November.
IMG_3093.jpegIMG_3094.jpeg

If it’s outside in Florida, it’s going to turn green or black. I do the concrete in the spring, landscape blocks, sidewalks and driveway in the spring. Pool enclosure in the fall. I pay someone to do the pool enclosure, you need extensions on the power washer and spray bottle or you will end up going swimming when you didn’t plan on it. It’s a big job without the proper equipment, all the white aluminum and the screens all have to be done.
Interesting. I had a pool up here when I had a home. Mold wasn't an issue, but winters were. Every fall I had to partially drain the pool so that all the lines could be drained. Then you have to blow out the lines and blow in some anti-freeze. Plug all lines and then refill the pool to a few inches above the returns. Lastly, install the winter cover which is a two man job but I often did it alone. I don't miss all the work that spring and fall brought. (Opening the pool was almost as hard as closing it was.)
No one up here has a covered pool similar to yours. I assume the snow would be too heavy.

Interesting. I had a pool up here when I had a home. Mold wasn't an issue, but winters were. Every fall I had to partially drain the pool so that all the lines could be drained. Then you have to blow out the lines and blow in some anti-freeze. Plug all lines and then refill the pool to a few inches above the returns. Lastly, install the winter cover which is a two man job but I often did it alone. I don't miss all the work that spring and fall brought. (Opening the pool was almost as hard as closing it was.)
No one up here has a covered pool similar to yours. I assume the snow would be too heavy.
We had an above ground when we lived in Pennsylvania, same thing, open it, close it and could only use it three months out of the year. We don’t have to close the pools down here, it won’t get cold enough to freeze. It is heated, if you can take the cold getting out of the heated pool when it’s cold, you can sim all year. Usually we can swim all year but January and February but this winter was colder then normal.

Life is finally slowing back up again. It’s been a cyclone around here since the beginning of April. The good news is pollen season has finally ended, it’s was a rough one this year. Have the better part of two weeks off so catching up on some work around the house outside before someone turns the heat up.
We actually were in the pool this past weekend since December. This winter has been way too cold for Florida. Started the demolding process on everything outside. Driveway, sidewalks and brick landscaping pavers, welcome to Florida. lol. Owning a pressure washer and a constant supply of bleach is a necessity for spring cleanup.
Anyway, all is good here. Till next time.

Sounds fun, you should write the move to Florida ads ;)

Sounds fun, you should write the move to Florida ads ;)
Come for the sun, stay for the mold?
lol. Yup, my motto, “We’re full, stay up there “ lol.
:lmao:
I’d rather power wash a few hours a year in the sun, under the palm trees then shovel in the cold. lol.
Sounds suspiciously like an ad to move to Florida. hmmm...

"Why shovel all winter when you can do your (minimal!!) chores in sunshine and warmth?"

Very conflicted right now.

Come for the sun, stay for the mold?

:lmao:

Sounds suspiciously like an ad to move to Florida. hmmm...

"Why shovel all winter when you can do your (minimal!!) chores in sunshine and warmth?"

Very conflicted right now.
Stay up there, we’re full !!!
Florida, the mold state. lol
The entire state smells like bleach and weed, so I’ve been told what that smell was, I had no idea. lol.

Another week is almost in the books. For those that have weekends yall enjoy them. For the rest... well I would like to say something thoughtful and poetic.. but nope I got nothing.
Weekend? I worked last night and I’m off at least the next ten days. I’ve been working around the house and I’m ready to go back to work. I don’t work as hard and my boss is a lot nicer there than at home. lol.
Wife took Thursday and Friday next week off, she said we can go do something. When you live 15 miles from WDW, where do you think doing something means, yup, she’s dragging me to work, just to visit. Lol
I also made a reservation at Saratoga for the night, no sense driving back and forth and we have points, a lot of points we have to use. I’m just going to bank the rest and use them next year. We did a bungalow at the Poly so maybe we’ll do a cabin at Wilderness lodge after the holidays. They look cool, soaking tub and fireplace. Since we live here we just don’t use our points anymore.
I wanted to sell them but that was vetoed by the boss. But anyway, have a nice weekend everyone, temps in the 80s with no rain in site. Temps going up to the low 90s next weekend, that should take care of the rest of the Ontario license plates down here till fall. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter