DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

IMG_0483.jpg Speaking of up coming trips, Dw and I leave next Friday. We are spending two weeks in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk again. We love our two week trips and the Cresent lake area. We take our days a little slower. Being just the two of us, being a bit older and have been on all the rides, we like to stroll around, some fast passes and food, a lot of food and some drinks. It's the only time I drink, for the most part. Lol
Meeting up with a few people from the Dis community, including Mike.
Here's our adrs, most are old favorites, one or two new ones. Either way, always a good time.
Forget Tambu, under construction. lol I'm sure we will stop to see Walter at some point.

Good plans right there, said from one that does similar things. Love Mama Melrose for F! and we also love 50's Prime Time. You may have thought of it already but for a light ride day at HS hit Baseline Tap for a flight or a good wine plus of course Brown Derby patio for an adult beverage. If you like a good bourbon, Brown Derby has the Knob Creek Disney Select - special batch served only at DaWorld.

Agree with you X2. Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package was excellent and then great way to have that reserved seat. And, Brown Derby was excellent and worth the extra $.

Speaking of up coming trips, Dw and I leave next Friday. We are spending two weeks in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk again. We love our two week trips and the Cresent lake area. We take our days a little slower. Being just the two of us, being a bit older and have been on all the rides, we like to stroll around, some fast passes and food, a lot of food and some drinks. It's the only time I drink, for the most part. Lol
Here's our adrs, most are old favorites, one or two new ones. Either way, always a good time.
Forget Tambu, under construction. lol I'm sure we will stop to see Walter at some point.

I'll join you at Yachtsman, Narcoossee, Cali Grill, and Kona for sure. We were going to try Il Mulino the last trip, but we changed it at the last minute. I wish we had kept it. As for the Epcot restaurants, Via Napoli is the best one of the bunch. We haven't tried the TS at Mexico or Morocco, but have been to the others, including the QS. I enjoy eating and drinking around the world showcase - fresh caramel popcorn, Mexican tequila, fresh croissant, and grey goose lemon slush. Paddle fish killed Fulton's Crab House, so I will never eat there. Citricos was awful, pretentious carp, and I won't return. They are both dead to me.

Well, just made a major change to our plan...

Since we're going earlier to MK for MNSSHP and we'll be staying up late (goes until midnight), I changed our original plan for MK on Wednesday to HS. Booked the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's. As with the Tiffins package at AK, since it includes drink, appetizer, entree and dessert, not a bad deal for $42/person. We've always liked fantasmic, so VIP seating will be cool bonus.

It was somewhat painful giving up FPs for MK knowing I wouldn't get squat for HS, but since I didn't have any good FPs anyway (except 7DMT late late afternoon), it was less painful. Plan is now, to sleep in after late night Tuesday and have a late breakfast and then walk over to HS (from Swan). Won't be a heavy ride day, but will be a slower than normal park day after MNSSHP day before, so I think it will be okay. Also allows me to try the carrot cake cookie I forgot the last time.

Debated about doing H&V bufffet (same price), but it looked like there were a lot of things on there that had peppers, so nope. Also debated about doing 50s PT again, but since the fantasmic package was an option, went with that and it's a new restaurant to boot.

A little advice for Fantasmic, wear tons of bug spray, the mosquitos wear big time biting a few weeks ago.

Agree with you X2. Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package was excellent and then great way to have that reserved seat. And, Brown Derby was excellent and worth the extra $.

I'll join you at Yachtsman, Narcoossee, Cali Grill, and Kona for sure. We were going to try Il Mulino the last trip, but we changed it at the last minute. I wish we had kept it. As for the Epcot restaurants, Via Napoli is the best one of the bunch. We haven't tried the TS at Mexico or Morocco, but have been to the others, including the QS. I enjoy eating and drinking around the world showcase - fresh caramel popcorn, Mexican tequila, fresh croissant, and grey goose lemon slush. Paddle fish killed Fulton's Crab House, so I will never eat there. Citricos was awful, pretentious carp, and I won't return. They are both dead to me.
We never ate at paddle fish or Fulton,we have to try it out. We like Citricos and have to stop to see a friend there.
Out of all the places I ever ate on property, Il Mulino can be a little snooty. I can be a little &$@/ if I want but always wait till after I get my food.lol
We have been hitting china the last couple trips, service is good, food not over the top and for Disney standards, don't break the bank. We rotate a lot in and out. Chef de France is another one...... wife likes the salad and soup.
We haven't ate dinner at garden grill in years so we figured we give it a whirl again.
Mexico, Marocco and a few others we don't eat at.
We have fun just eating at different places.

Back from Chef Ramsey Pub & Grill. It was AWESOME, food was GREAT, My son and I both had the 14oz Angus Strip Steak (was like butter) he ate it all of his:thumbsup2. My wife had the Salmon.My son has rated the steak higher then Shula's:scared1:. I myself can not compare since I always get the melt in your mouth prime rib at Shula's:scratchin.

After making some small talk with the server about the show, she gave my son a goody bag full of multiples of logo pens, coasters, napkins, 2 different size cups, now talk about a happy kid:bounce:.

I really don't know how I do it , but it happens quite often especially at WDW where I get stuff given to us or if I ask for a card or something I usually can get it with little effort:confused3
Speaking of cards

***** Dis Dad Alert ******

A new set of Transportation Cards came out beginning of August, this is the 5th set and there are 34 cards this time with a new category of Mini Van. Happy hunting:woohoo:

Interesting read. Some of those are amazingly tiny!!!!!!!!
The ones I am interested in are still likely though
The Minnie brownie with white chocolate top (didn't see that in the review)
The lime ice cream cone. I'm a big key lime pie fan and that (or the float) are still possible.
If I could get regular waffles instead of pumpkin for the sundae, that would be. Pumpkin is okay, but not one of my favorites.
Not so poison apple cupcake
caramel pretzel (probably more for DW and DD than me, but want to try it)
The muenster smash burger may be my dinner (minus the sriracha)
I was considering the candy corn ice cream, but I see it's actually not candy corn except in appearance.
DW is much more of a pumpkin fan than I am, so the waffle sundae and the pumpkin cheesecake might be on the table for her.
DD --- if it has sugar, she likes it, so probably any except the tiny or impossible to eat (push pop) are options for her. :lmao:

When are you going to MNSSHP?

Back from Chef Ramsey Pub & Grill. It was AWESOME, food was GREAT, My son and I both had the 14oz Angus Strip Steak (was like butter) he ate it all of his:thumbsup2. My wife had the Salmon.My son has rated the steak higher then Shula's:scared1:. I myself can not compare since I always get the melt in your mouth prime rib at Shula's:scratchin.

After making some small talk with the server about the show, she gave my son a goody bag full of multiples of logo pens, coasters, napkins, 2 different size cups, now talk about a happy kid:bounce:.
Cool deal. I think you need to give a training class on how to get free stuff. ;)

A new set of Transportation Cards came out beginning of August, this is the 5th set and there are 34 cards this time with a new category of Mini Van. Happy hunting:woohoo:
Okay, call me dense (wouldn't be the first time). Transportation cards?

When are you going to MNSSHP?
Tuesday, 25th. Less than 30 days! :woohoo:

Cf_xCZbW4AAHquK.jpg

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice to have talk about several upcoming trips around here, made easier when I have one of them :goodvibes
View attachment 346770 Speaking of up coming trips, Dw and I leave next Friday. We are spending two weeks in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk again. We love our two week trips and the Cresent lake area. We take our days a little slower. Being just the two of us, being a bit older and have been on all the rides, we like to stroll around, some fast passes and food, a lot of food and some drinks. It's the only time I drink, for the most part. Lol
Love your touring plan of taking it easy and slower. DW and I are working into it as first no kids was part of a Disney Institute program I was in so we had 2 days and of course hit all 4 parks in 2 days. Looking forward to slower paced trips like you outlined. Since you are Italian, what are your thoughts on Tutto Italia - our clan loves the place.

Wow. Looks like my password still works! I've been gone for three or four years. Sooooo... What did I miss?
You missed this...

:rotfl2: Ever get that feeling of deja vu?

I've been here less that three or four years, so you missed me joining which everyone else is groaning...err, cheering (yah, that's it) about.

Last edited:
I don't know where to begin but it's all in this thread.

Welcome back.
Yeah, why's there a 1000+ page thread and why have you guys only done 1000 pages since 2014? We used to go through 250 pages in a couple weeks.

You missed this...

:rotfl2: Ever get that feeling of deja vu?

I've been here less that three or four years, so you missed me joining which everyone else is groaning...err, cheering (yah, that's it) about.
Good to see another Cubs fan.

Yeah, why's there a 1000+ page thread and why have you guys only done 1000 pages since 2014? We used to go through 250 pages in a couple weeks.

There have only been a handful of us here on a regular basis and there is no need to race to the end anymore. Now the posts are truly deep and thought provoking.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice to have talk about several upcoming trips around here, made easier when I have one of them :goodvibes

Love your touring plan of taking it easy and slower. DW and I are working into it as first no kids was part of a Disney Institute program I was in so we had 2 days and of course hit all 4 parks in 2 days. Looking forward to slower paced trips like you outlined. Since you are Italian, what are your thoughts on Tutto Italia - our clan loves the place.
Well, the last time we ate there was when it first changed from Alfredo de Roma to Tutto, we weren't impressed. Not saying we would never try it again, we always manage to go back. The food wasn't bad, we enjoy hanging out at Tutto Gusto. It all depends what I'm looking for. Pizza, I go to Via Napoli. I also like there veal parm. If I want pasta, I'll Mulino is the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten at. Trattoria al forno is real good also.
I like them all, but if I had to rank them:
1) Il Mulino. 2) Via Napoli 3) Trattoria al forno and the rest fall in.
Like I said, I like them all. The only places I haven't eaten at are Disney Springs and a few at Epcot.
Monsor Paul in France is another we still have to try. There are a few must dos every trip ( the list keeps getting long) and we rotate the rest in and out.
For a good ten years now dw and I have been coming down alone and when B was younger, we would bring her down another trip the same year. After she was a CM, she has been coming down to meet up with her old work buddies.
This February we have a trip planned for the three of us again, old time sake and staying in a one bedroom at the Grand.
Tammy don't know it yet but next March, 2020,is our 35th Anniversary and I'm going to get a Main building, deluxe king, club level room at the Grand.

young girls almost wearing something...
You are a dirty old man... Knew there was a reason I liked you

So, I already mentioned tons of pictures. :lmao:
Rule #1

You are not the only one; I dont know about this one either.

Wow. Looks like my password still works! I've been gone for three or four years. Sooooo... What did I miss?
More of the same as when you left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter