DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Pants were the least of my concern yesterday. Drive time to work is about 30 minutes, and I arrived at my usual 7:00am. By 8:00, I get a call from the wife, saying the furnace isn't working. I try to walk her through some things over the phone, but we can't get it. I drive 30 minutes back home. Do a little putzing around, Google the error code, and clear the issue. 30 minute drive back to work. I'm not there 45 minutes when I get a call from the school nurse telling me Madison threw up. So another 30 minutes back home, grab Ryder from daycare, get Madison from school and call it a day.

I'm now sitting at work contemplating just turning my phone off.
Come on Barry! Look at the positives. At least you got to go home early! :thumbsup2

Pants were the least of my concern yesterday. Drive time to work is about 30 minutes, and I arrived at my usual 7:00am. By 8:00, I get a call from the wife, saying the furnace isn't working. I try to walk her through some things over the phone, but we can't get it. I drive 30 minutes back home. Do a little putzing around, Google the error code, and clear the issue. 30 minute drive back to work. I'm not there 45 minutes when I get a call from the school nurse telling me Madison threw up. So another 30 minutes back home, grab Ryder from daycare, get Madison from school and call it a day.

Madison needs to work on her timing a bit.
Sounds like everyone was having one fine Monday there.

We drove back a little over a week ago and the only issue we had on the 95 was in South Carolina. Florida, Georgia, NC, Virginia and from around Boston to the border were pretty free flowing. There was traffic but pretty much always moving at the speed limit or better. We also used the 295 to go around Richmond.

So what was the hold up in SC; construction or just the typical poor driving problems?

That's a full week in one day. I hope your office is different than mine. When stuff like this happens to me, my boss says, "Can't your wife take care of it?" He's divorced, by the way.

Divorced you say?
Can't imagine why that would be.

Rob, she flies home May 17. School is out earlier but she wanted to spend a couple days with friends. She has an interesting summer planned. June she leaves for month for a paid internship in Indonesia. By paid internship, I mean we pay for her internship. I'm freaking out a little bit over that trip. After that, probably back at UM.

That is a very full summer indeed.
Where about's in Indonesia? (as some spots will rate better then others on the amounts-of-worry-required scale)
And at least it's not somewhere like - lets say - Pakistan.

Come on Barry! Look at the positives. At least you got to go home early! :thumbsup2

Well, aside from that Ms Lincoln, how was the play?

This is part of the reason why I don't have a phone.

Actually, it's because I can't afford one. I just tell myself things like that to try and make me feel better.

That's a full week in one day. I hope your office is different than mine. When stuff like this happens to me, my boss says, "Can't your wife take care of it?" He's divorced, by the way.

Gee....can't imagine why.

Good afternoon gentlemen,

Wish I had more time to post but time just seems to evaporate on me.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Short day at the office. Home to cut my hair and grass - thankfully I remembered which thing cut what. :lmao:
Making my homemade chicken soup for dinner and the house smells great.

Not for a while. Qualifying time is 3:30 and her PR is 4:20. That was when she did the Dopey and a day after she did the half. If she trained a lot, she probably get it under 4:00 but that is about it right now. They let you run if you raise a Gazillion dollars but that isn't going to happen. She may try the NYC this year if it isn't too late to sign up.

Didn't know there was a minimum. I just figured they put all the slow ones in the back so they could the slow ones cold get a t shirt and city would get more revenue. If she isn't in shape to run it, then I know I will never even be eligible to stand nearby. :rotfl:

Evening Gents, Day one of meetings done, off to the Penitentiary tomorrow to teach. Forbes ranked it as the top prison to be sent to a few years ago. Same subject I have taught some of these guys for the last 3 years. Time for them to teach and me to stay home.

I wonder what Forbes criteria it was. At least your class will be captivated with your presentation.

Doesn't necessarily pay off in the private sector either from my experience.
That's why I've taken to not doing it anymore.

We've done that many several times. But it had a bit to do with only having the one young'en.
In our case it has also allowed us to offer some experiences to kids that might not otherwise have been able to have them. It's always worked out pretty well for us.

It makes it nice for us to have two girls. They can share a bed in the studio room and can ride with each other. Every now and then, DW and I will ride with trade off wi one of them. They haven't asked to bring a friend yet, which would mean an OOP stay or 1 BR. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet.

You might want to try staying home tomorrow without your pants and see if the day goes better. :crazy2:
Hope Madison is feeling better.

. School is out earlier but she wanted to spend a couple days with friends. She has an interesting summer planned. June she leaves for month for a paid internship in Indonesia. By paid internship, I mean we pay for her internship. I'm freaking out a little bit over that trip. After that, probably back at UM.

I think i'm freaking out with you. Not counting the money, but that is far away. But, I guess it's planned and a done deal. Is there not an internship closer to home in the USA? I'll keep her in my prayers for a safe excursion.

Morning guys

Field trip day to see a play. The worst part is, I have to work tonight so no post trip cocktail to soothe the nerves.

Barry, I hope Madison feels better.

CJ, I'll freak out with you. That's a long way from home.

'Morning all...
Hope all are well, it's mighty quiet in here this morning.

He's also THAT guy who says to me, "You are going to Disney again? Didn't you go last year?"

Imagine that... :sad2:

Would he also be the guy that says things like:
"Yah, if you could come in and work this weekend and every night next week as well... That'd be great..."

Morning guys

Field trip day to see a play. The worst part is, I have to work tonight so no post trip cocktail to soothe the nerves.

Probably should've had a pre-trip cocktail to steady the the nerves then.

June she leaves for month for a paid internship in Indonesia. By paid internship, I mean we pay for her internship. I'm freaking out a little bit over that trip. After that, probably back at UM.

Holy crap, that's a long way to go. We'll freak out with you on that one.

He's also THAT guy who says to me, "You are going to Disney again? Didn't you go last year?"

As he proceeds to "head to the shore" for the 20th time in the last 20 years.:sad2:

Believe me this was not a snap decision. We discussed this for over three months and even though it is a long ways away, I agreed to it. She will be working with the Nature Conservancy in a self-contained compound. They are not allowed to travel other than in organized group activities. Plus the area she is in is pretty remote and safe.

She's also 21 and is using some of the money her mother left her to pay for part of it. In the end I really didn't have a choice. It is also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do Marine research in Indonesia. Along with her grades, it pretty much assures her a chance to go to just about any Grad school for Marine ecosystems in the country. She will be doing Graduate level stuff in one of the most pristine environments in the world.

Not that I like it but she has to live her life.

Believe me this was not a snap decision. We discussed this for over three months and even though it is a long ways away, I agreed to it. She will be working with the Nature Conservancy in a self-contained compound. They are not allowed to travel other than in organized group activities. Plus the area she is in is pretty remote and safe.

She's also 21 and is using some of the money her mother left her to pay for part of it. In the end I really didn't have a choice. It is also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do Marine research in Indonesia. Along with her grades, it pretty much assures her a chance to go to just about any Grad school for Marine ecosystems in the country. She will be doing Graduate level stuff in one of the most pristine environments in the world.

I get that CJ. Probably not the most warm fuzzy feeling for you to see her go halfway around the world like that, but this certainly is a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. And I know as her father, you're proud of her and want to see her do what she desires. And if it can have that kind of a positive impact on her school/career future it makes a lot of sense.

Work just got exciting. Police on property conducting a manhunt along our rail lines. I'm torn as to whether I want to go to lunch or hang around and watch the show. Not everyday we get excitement around here.

I guess a couple of juvenile detainees escaped in the area. One of them was scheduled to get out in a couple of months. Some of the best and brightest.

I'm sure you all planned it out and it is a great opportunity. Still a long way away. Best of wishes to her.

Work just got exciting. Police on property conducting a manhunt along our rail lines. I'm torn as to whether I want to go to lunch or hang around and watch the show. Not everyday we get excitement around here.

I guess a couple of juvenile detainees escaped in the area. One of them was scheduled to get out in a couple of months. Some of the best and brightest.

They sound like geniuses. If you stay around, it might not be much a show.

It does appear that it's been thought out pretty rationally. Should be quite the adventure.
Ensuring the likelihood of a spot in a grad program makes it a sound decision as well.
This is that thing I noted about freedom and independence...
We give it grudgingly, but its the thing they need most.

About as bright as a sack of hammers form the sound of it.
So, did they get caught yet, or have you heard?

Skip lunch and get us pictures of the manhunt.

They sound like geniuses. If you stay around, it might not be much a show.

About as bright as a sack of hammers form the sound of it.
So, did they get caught yet, or have you heard?

Skip lunch and get us pictures of the manhunt.
It ended shortly after I posted. They were apparently on a roadside trash crew and made a run for it. They got a few miles. The police actually caught them going down the mainline railroad a few hundred yards north of here.

We found out the reason our property and the railroad were the center of the search is because one of the escapees' has a grandfather who lives near here. They stopped at his house and changed clothes. He tried to talk some sense into them and when it didn't work, he called the cops and told them where they were going. Good thing they go them when they did.

We're loading a train here today and the railroad left 2 engines parked on the end of our siding close to where they were caught. I can only imagine what those 2 idiots could have done with them... word has it they were in for car theft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter