• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIII: Bad Idea Factory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

Been away for a while as life has gotten in the way of Dis time.

quick recap:
It's been a wild couple of months around here. Back in October we were at our church group's Halloween party when I received a call that my Dad had a heart attack. He was in Victoria, BC visiting family when his heart stopped. The EMTs got to him within 5 minutes and he is now recovering. I got on a plane that night to head out as we were unsure of the outcome. Turns out he has a defib issue (electrical, not muscular or vascular) and as such now has a pacemaker/defibulator installed. My uncle was right there and started CPR and as such Dad is recovering from some broken ribs and that is about all.

Back here at home, MIL apparently has been suffering from mini strokes and it's uncertain if there is long term damage but DW has been worried about this. Of course MIL still hasn't scheduled a Neuro appointment and this is causing rifts in their small family. (They only have MIL, FIL, DW and SIL, with no extended family).
Sorry for the rough seas with the health issues. Prayers for you all.

On the positive side of the ledger, our girls are all doing well (even DD3 and her kidney/allergy issues). School is good for them, DW is doing well and work has been going well. I've had a very successful year at work and we are preparing for Christmas in Hawaii. (The girls will be there for 3+ weeks and I get 2 weeks).
Mele kalikimaka!

images

Hi guys.

quick recap:
It's been a wild couple of months around here. Back in October we were at our church group's Halloween party when I received a call that my Dad had a heart attack. He was in Victoria, BC visiting family when his heart stopped. The EMTs got to him within 5 minutes and he is now recovering. I got on a plane that night to head out as we were unsure of the outcome. Turns out he has a defib issue (electrical, not muscular or vascular) and as such now has a pacemaker/defibulator installed. My uncle was right there and started CPR and as such Dad is recovering from some broken ribs and that is about all.

Back here at home, MIL apparently has been suffering from mini strokes and it's uncertain if there is long term damage but DW has been worried about this. Of course MIL still hasn't scheduled a Neuro appointment and this is causing rifts in their small family. (They only have MIL, FIL, DW and SIL, with no extended family).

On the positive side of the ledger, our girls are all doing well (even DD3 and her kidney/allergy issues). School is good for them, DW is doing well and work has been going well. I've had a very successful year at work and we are preparing for Christmas in Hawaii. (The girls will be there for 3+ weeks and I get 2 weeks).

Holy cow. That's quite a lot of drama, even more than I would have wished upon you. I hope the medical issues get worked out. And enjoy the break! If anyone deserves less time in Hawaii than the rest of your family, it's you.:thumbsup2

Sorry, you're over qualified. :rotfl2:

Well, I sure am glad Brian's back. :headache:

Not required but preferred. :rotfl2::rotfl:

BTW, where are you in DE? We vacation at Bethany Beach every summer. And my best friend from high school went to Goldie Beacom College in Wilmington. His bro still lives there. He used to work for GM before the plant closed down a few years ago.

I live in the Middletown area. We love Bethany Beach. Much quieter than Rehoboth, for sure.

Home with bourbon again. A long day at the office.

Hey! That looks just like my bottle!?!?!? WTH :)

It's already that empty? You've been hitting it hard. :lmao:

Worked last night and I'm working again tonight. No Makers Mark in my future... plus I'm not sure how any of you drink that. :confused3
:

I prefer mine neat.

The crew of the Black Pearl.

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Something that has been unavailable to me since about 97.
Heck, I ain’t even seen a cost-of-living adjustment since 07.

Not much better in the gov sector. Just less work.

Perfect. You qualify. There's no pay or benefits and the hours are long, but I'm a great manager. So you'd have that going for ya.

I'll be sitting here watching TV. Is that the type of work you need done?

Hi guys.

quick recap:
It's been
Prayers for those in need, praise for those deserving, bacon for all.
:

Prayers for your family as well.

Sorry to hear about the family health situations - prayers especially at this time of year. Enjoy the time on the islands, are you staying at Aulani by chance?

No Aulani, we're staying on Maui where my parents have a place. We've been a few times before so really looking forward to the "relaxing like a local" vacation when you are familiar with your surroundings.

Prayers being sent for your Dad and MIL. And just because, a little pixie dust:pixiedust:as well.

Thanks!

Yikes. Prayers for everyone involved.

Umm... you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, I know, but I was maxed out on vacation days and felt the girls shouldn't suffer for my lack of days.

Prayers for your dad and MIL. Safe travels to Hawaii!!

Thanks Duck!

Sorry for the rough seas with the health issues. Prayers for you all.

Mele kalikimaka!

images

Thanks! Looking forward to the beach and Kona Brewing products.

Holy cow. That's quite a lot of drama, even more than I would have wished upon you. I hope the medical issues get worked out. And enjoy the break! If anyone deserves less time in Hawaii than the rest of your family, it's you.:thumbsup2

Well, I sure am glad Brian's back. :headache:

Glad I can count on my nemesis for some right old humble pie. :rotfl2:

Prayers for your family as well.

Thanks Norm!

Worked last night and I'm working again tonight. No Makers Mark in my future... plus I'm not sure how any of you drink that. :confused3

More than a few of us find a way.

My hoop team (not DD) opens the season tonight against the team that knocked DD out of the playoffs last year. The girls are playing well and I'm looking forward to a little revenge, even if it's just an early season game. DD plays tomorrow and then we have a Christmas party that a friend has each year. Pretty much one of the largest parties I have ever been to. Horse drawn carriage rides, games and activities for the kids, bon fire and good people. :thumbsup2 In case I forget later. Have a good weekend guys.

Good luck to both of the teams and congratulations to you son for making the team. I am in a generous mood so have a good weekend.

Hi guys.

Been away for a while as life has gotten in the way of Dis time...

That is a lot of stuff to dal with. Quick recoveries to you Father and MIL. Glad to hear that the kids are doing well.

Thanks. Let me know if you make it down here and we will do dinner or something.

I'm going to be down on the 16th but only for the day. (fly in fly out meeting).

I hate those days, but given that this is due to needing as much time before hitting Maui, I'll suffer.

Most likely I'll be back down in Feb for a few days. We'll have to meet up then.

I'll keep you posted.

DW called me at work to tell me about her vacation weeks. Looks like she has a week in mid Feb. Was hopeful that we could do a long weekend at the World and hit Universal. I didn't like the idea of throwing Universal into our normal Disney vacation. I was optimistic until I looked at airfare. Looks like juts south of $2K no matter what I try. I'm going to keep looking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter