DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dis Dad meets happen everywhere - at WDW, football stadiums, museums, and Walmart parking lots?

temporary-2180.jpg

Shawn(Wasnotafan) happened to be in Owensboro and escaped a little bit earlier than expected. But, we managed a picture outside in the cold. We chatted a bit, although since it was cold and he had to be in Louisville, we didn't visit long. Shawn seems like a great guy, we talked about work, children, trips, and he even brought me a travel mug. It was nice to put a face with the name, and I hope I can chat with you more in the future. Have a safe trip home.

Nice Job Guys. Another meet up in the books.

Thanks for everyone's advice on dropping cable. Xfinity's lies and cons have pushed me too far. I must put my foot down. But not till after this season of doctor who

Let us know how it goes and if you miss having all those channels you have to pay for, but never watch. You can't get Doctor Who on Netflix or Hulu?

Good morning guys :cool1:

Thank you for all the warm Welcome backs! I appreciate it.

The DW and I have tickets to the IU vs Penn St. game tonight, but I am second guessing going. The kids are spending the night at a friends so I won't cancel that. We're both tired, so I thought resting might be a better idea? Thoughts?

I say go out and have a great time. You certainly deserve to have some fun.

Good morning!

Good Morning.:confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Morning everyone....Audrey thought I needed a 4:45 wake up call..:faint:

Start a major work project today, cleaning, and reorganizing the shelves at work. Two week project, lots of big changes being made.

Cold again, -20 with -30 windchill...(-4/-22 for the rest of ya..) Even got a tiny bit of snow last night.

Morning Guys,

-35 to -41 today here with the windchill (that's about the point where the two scales are the same for you southerners). March 1st can't get here fast enough. I would take snow everyday if we could get rid of the cold.

You Canadians and your cold weather. I appreciate the sharing, but it was 6 degrees when I got up this morning and you can take it back now please. Hey CJ, how about one of those weather patterns where we get a little warm weather from the south?

The DW and I have tickets to the IU vs Penn St. game tonight, but I am second guessing going. The kids are spending the night at a friends so I won't cancel that. We're both tired, so I thought resting might be a better idea? Thoughts?
Go for it... sleep can wait! If the kids are already planning to spend the night with a friend anyway, and you could probably use a little bit of a distraction for a few hours.

Coincidentally, I'm going to go see IU play next Wednesday... :rolleyes2

Dis Dad meets happen everywhere - at WDW, football stadiums, museums, and Walmart parking lots?

temporary-2180.jpg

Shawn(Wasnotafan) happened to be in Owensboro and escaped a little bit earlier than expected. But, we managed a picture outside in the cold. We chatted a bit, although since it was cold and he had to be in Louisville, we didn't visit long. Shawn seems like a great guy, we talked about work, children, trips, and he even brought me a travel mug. It was nice to put a face with the name, and I hope I can chat with you more in the future. Have a safe trip home.

Nice meet! :thumbsup2

You couldn't take him inside the Walmart where you could chat in the warmth? :rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm sure that it has been discussed ad nauseous here but has anyone watched the shoe United States of Bacon? I just tortured myself and watched 2 episodes. One of them was focused on Milwaukee. Barry, I might just have to schedule myself a trip up for a night at Summerfest and a trip to this restaurant called AJ Bombers. Heard of it?

I've been watching that show--it's a lot of fun. AJ Bombers looked like a cool place. There was some other place that had bacon-wrapped mozzarella sticks, too.

Good morning!

We have a Christian sighting!

Nice meet up Norm and Shawn. :thumbsup2 I shoulda tried a meet up with some of the dads along my path to NJ this week.

::yes::

theduck619 said:

I say go. The distraction will be welcome and it will hopefully provide some entertainment.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning guys. WAYYYYY too cold this morning... And just 10 days ago I was wearing shorts in 80 degree weather at WDW... ugh... :furious:

Morning guys. WAYYYYY too cold this morning... And just 10 days ago I was wearing shorts in 80 degree weather at WDW... ugh... :furious:

I'm right there with ya Paul....we're on Day 2 of single digit temps here. Although it's trying to warm up....we're at a balmy 9 degrees this morning.

Go for it... sleep can wait! If the kids are already planning to spend the night with a friend anyway, and you could probably use a little bit of a distraction for a few hours.

Coincidentally, I'm going to go see IU play next Wednesday... :rolleyes2

:thumbsup2

For all of those dads who are freezing in the artic north.
I spent my Sunday on the pack patio in shorts smoking a pork butt and drinking a cool beer
Here is the proof.

Looks good. The food. Not you in shorts. :lmao:

Woot. I think I have to go to Kentucky just to say I met norm.

I know this great BBQ place if you want to visit me. Or, David and I were thinking about a meet at mammoth cave. It is about 1.5 hours away from my home, but it is fun to go thru the cave and listen to the stories. They also have camping or hotel, which are very cheap. They have a cheesy looking Dino city down the road put together by others, but I've never done that.

The distraction may do you good, and so may the rest. What does Kim want to do?

temporary-2180.jpg
Nice meet! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I spent my Sunday on the pack patio in shorts smoking a pork butt and drinking a cool beer

0120131543_zpsbf821516.jpg
Let us know when the next one is getting smoked so we can show up at your doorstep.

Team Barry already has the best lawyer - me. And since I'm going to be a judge, I can make the ruling too
Isn't that a conflict of interest? You wanna be the jury too? :rolleyes2

Good morning!
Hey Christian! Long time no see!

Morning Guys,

-35 to -41 today here with the windchill (that's about the point where the two scales are the same for you southerners). March 1st can't get here fast enough. I would take snow everyday if we could get rid of the cold.
It must be cold if even the Canadians are crying aboot it.

I know this great BBQ place if you want to visit me. Or, David and I were thinking about a meet at mammoth cave. It is about 1.5 hours away from my home, but it is fun to go thru the cave and listen to the stories. They also have camping or hotel, which are very cheap. They have a cheesy looking Dino city down the road put together by others, but I've never done that.
Ummmm Norm? Is this a proposition? :scratchin popcorn::popcorn:: :stir:

-20 Celsius here... For you American's that's -5 Fahrenheit.

For you southern Americans, that's what you think it is here everyday anyways.

Taunting and teasing is not an effective way to make friends... :rotfl2:

Unless of course you are inviting 700 of us over...

Good mornin' everyone,

Over here in Sherwood it's 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Not so cold anymore ;)...

I'll be on again when it's my lunch break. Have a great day. :)

Go to the game... get your mind off of things. You deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter