• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My quiet Monday ended. I drove to pick up dd from dance, which is a few miles away from the house. Half way there, the engine started knocking, more a rattling sound. I chanced and said decided to pick up dd and try to make it home. Half way home, the check engine light came on, wouldn't accelerate, and as I turned onto my street in the subdivision, started smoking and died. So, dd got to drive while I pushed it a block down the road and parked it in front of the house.

Ugggg... that sucks, hope it's just an easy repair.

So did all the Dads make it home from DDCC yet? Looked like a blast been keeping up on facebook....

tumblr_lvkkleNL661qiol6o.gif

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DISDad list!:thumbsup2 Your Member Number is #732!

drippinwelcum.gif

Evening guys.

Hey Paul.:wave2: What does your schedule look like next week? I should be pretty open by mid week. How about lunch? On me this time.

Next week should be pretty open, let's touch base at the beginning of the week and put something on the calendar! :thumbsup2

Yes, I also remember sitting in Gillette stadium against the Titans with a -7 wind chill in the playoffs. The difference is that those are home playoff games determined by seeding. Someone actually had to think a February Superbowl in NY/NJ was a good idea.

I was at that game too... After an interception we all jumped up to cheer and i spilled my beer all over the seat in front of me. :headache: It was frozen before the guy even sat back down. :lmao:

I am getting excited -DW gave the green light to start planning a trip to The World in late July/early August! :banana:

We are thinking about trying Pop Century this time to keep it on the less expensive side (if there is such a thing when talking about a visit to WDW.) Coronado Springs is another possibility. We wanted to stay at a resort we haven't stayed at before, so that leaves out CBR, POR and POFQ. I really want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but that is a big money difference from Pop or even CSR - so maybe next year. :confused3

Since we have only stayed at Moderates, I am hoping we won't be disappointed by Pop Century. But we really don't spend much time around the resort anyway. We always do rope drops, but we do come back to the resort for a nap or light swimming in the afternoon before heading back out to the parks in the early evenings. Would Pop be 'louder' during the day as compared to CSR (making it even tougher to get a nap in?)

Any feedback on CSR vs. Pop? I realize they are two different classes, but I would like to hear if anyone has strong opinions on either.

Woohoo! :cool1::woohoo:

Haven't stayed at CSR, but have been to CBR and Pop. I don't know that there's too much of a difference between Pop and the moderates, other than bed size as Aaron said. We liked Pop, but that was DW and I solo a few years ago. We've done DVC since the kids have come along. Seems like many families swear by Pop though, so you'll prob be fine. :thumbsup2

I am getting excited -DW gave the green light to start planning a trip to The World in late July/early August! :banana:

We are thinking about trying Pop Century this time to keep it on the less expensive side (if there is such a thing when talking about a visit to WDW.) Coronado Springs is another possibility. We wanted to stay at a resort we haven't stayed at before, so that leaves out CBR, POR and POFQ. I really want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but that is a big money difference from Pop or even CSR - so maybe next year. :confused3

Since we have only stayed at Moderates, I am hoping we won't be disappointed by Pop Century. But we really don't spend much time around the resort anyway. We always do rope drops, but we do come back to the resort for a nap or light swimming in the afternoon before heading back out to the parks in the early evenings. Would Pop be 'louder' during the day as compared to CSR (making it even tougher to get a nap in?)

Any feedback on CSR vs. Pop? I realize they are two different classes, but I would like to hear if anyone has strong opinions on either.

We have never stayed at CSR but we have been at Pop 3 times, POFQ 2 times and CBR 1 time. You won't have a problem with noise at POP and they have a pretty good food court. I would think CSR is spread out much like CBR. I found CBR a bit of a walk to get to the food court and the buses could be long if you didn't hit them right. POFQ is a great moderate resort. Comfortable rooms, nice food court and pool area, and pretty good transportation.

I was impressed by PoP to be honest. The beds are smaller as Aaron mentioned. Their food court is one of the best on property IMO. It has its own buses, unlike All Stars so I think you will find it an enjoyable stay.

I'm OK now but for a couple days I was in rough shape, had some kind of cold going on, was in bed by 7 :scared1:

The gift auction I went to Sat had the best Disney prize ever, although I didn't win it this time I found out they offer the same prize every year:thumbsup2, It was 4 Park Hoppers, $500 gift cards for the Marriott, & $1000 Gift Card for SouthWest Air, What a prize:rolleyes1
Better luck next year

Together we spent $120 during the auction (half was on the Disney prize) but this is what we won:confused3

- Americana Basket with 4 tickets to see the Somerset Patriots, state quarters, flag, and all kind of cool things that will go great for 4th of July (valued around $100)

- Round of Golf for 4 + 2 golf carts (valued at $180) FIL has a nice Bday gift coming to him in a couple weeks:thumbsup2

So That's $280 worth of stuff for $120. I'll do that all day every day a twice on Sunday:thumbsup2

I have another one on Sun, I have buyer's lined up for certain items (mostly for sporting events, skiing & golf:banana:) but before I dump any golf outing I need 1 more fore my FIL for Father's Day:cool1:

BigTex71 said:

We are planning a trip in October this year!

We have stayed at both and I have to say if you don't spend a lot of time at the resort, I would go with POP. The pool is fun and the food court is decent. You will not regret staying there. The only down side I see is the same as a few others have already mentioned, the size of the beds. The bus at POP was fairly quick going to parks but always seemed slower going back, that might be because of the time we went back. But all things considered we enjoyed our time at POP, for the price you can't beat it.

We've stayed at POP 3 times and CSR 2 times. In Nov. We were at CSR for 9 nights and POP on the last night. People mention the bed difference and I will agree about the size but add the beds at CSR blow away the POP beds as far as comfort. With that being said we don't have a problem with POP. We like it there and considering we leave the resort in the morning and don't come back till after dark, POP works well for the price.

POP seems busier than CSR. Depending on where your room is, it could be loud at either resort. The POP food court is very good with different food stations. POP theming is 'fun' and in your face while CSR is more relaxed. After spending all day in the parks, sometimes it is nice to get away mentally when you get back to the resort.

Depending on what discounts are available, a mod might not be too much more than POP. I think in Nov we paid $130 a night for CSR with the discount and POP was about $100. IT was a no brainer to stay at CSR. We couldn't get the last night at CSR because the entire resort was booked.

Sorry that I am all over the place with my thoughts. I know you'll have fun at either place. Make sure you check the POP & CSR thread here on the DIS.

Just checking in. Long day. New phone came in the mail. :cool1: Dryer is fixed and we can do laundry again! :cool1: And I got to get up early and run. :confused3

Hope everyone is well.

I hear ya! That's what we are working out now. Between sports, camps and dental work I'm surprised I'm not working 2 or even 3 jobs. The hope is that once we get to June all of the payments for everything will be done and we get a little jump in spending money. Would love to stay on the monorail. If not PO it is.:thumbsup2

Already have my 180 day highlighted on the calendar for ADR so we can shoot for BOG.

Oh yeah, we are set to do the ADRs, then book the rest later. :rotfl2: I want to say Feb 21 for the booking, DW has it on her calender on the phone. I've made up the basic itinerary, and all that it lacks in general times for said ADRs now.

If we can get Free Dining, heaven forbid, the price to do POR will work out the same as POP and upgrading the dining. It'd be nice to try a new resort, but we've always loved POP, and if no free dining, that's where we'll stay.

I've only done Poly or POP, so I might be biased.:rotfl2: DW never had issues napping at POP, I barely sleep at Disney as is.:hyper:. The pools are nice, not too loud. I enjoyed late-night dips in the bowling pin and computer pools after hard days of touring. My favorite stay was in the 80's wing, away from the pools (you could see the entrance to WDW from the window), it was peacefull, although a bit of a walk to the main bilding, we often cut through hthe parking lot. We've not had bed issues yet, mainly due to the arrangements of one adult/child per bed. Best food court hands down. If you use a QS credit there, ask tell the cashier you want to get a sundae as the dessert, they will mark your reciept, so you can get the ice cream after your meal is done, no melting involved :thumbsup2 I also enjoy walking about the grounds early in the morning, before most people are up, enjoying the peace and quiet. (Also looking for armadillos, long story :rotfl2: :rotfl2:)

Ouch... Prayers for a speedy recovery.

She's feeling loads better thanks, sees her doc Thursday to sort it all out.

Sorry, I forgot your actual name and I'm too lazy to go back and look.:sad1: Once I have the hotel/schedule together, let's plan a time to meet up. If it works out maybe a lunch or dinner. We are trying to decide if we should stick to the moderates or maybe stay at a monorail resort this time. :banana: We usually rent a car (my rethink if on the monorail)so offsite would be OK as well.

We are using Disney points for the hotel and hoping for FD as well. This is going to be a pretty low cost vacation for us so we also do the HP/Seaworld parks.

Its Cliff, and I am pretty sure I never knew yours.
Anyway I am sure we can meet up at some point. We will probably only be doing counter service dinners at the parks, doing breakfast and lunch at the room (we have kitchens and beds).
The only out of park things we are looking at is maybe Fantasia Gardens for golf and a beach day. We can go to the gulf beach here but it is "brown water" beach not "blue water".

Good morning guys! Watched the Bourne Legacy last night. Not bad, it started a little slow but got to the action in Bourne like fashion soon enough :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Recorded another Disdad podcast episode :cool1: thanks for having me on Aaron.

Morning David and all the other guys!

Thoughts and Prayers if you are in need! Hello to all the new guys!

Things are pretty crazy here, I'm swamped with work, spend most of my days pouring over drawings and technical documentation trying to write several technical manuals at the same time. On a short development cycle. Had a big meeting yesterday with one of our customers who pretty much crushed the one part of my job I really enjoyed.:( Oh and did I mention we are trying to refinance the house right now? Started that process of the weekend.

June and our trip to the World cant come soon enough.

Matt

Things are pretty crazy here, I'm swamped with work, spend most of my days pouring over drawings and technical documentation trying to write several technical manuals at the same time. On a short development cycle. Had a big meeting yesterday with one of our customers who pretty much crushed the one part of my job I really enjoyed.:( Oh and did I mention we are trying to refinance the house right now? Started that process of the weekend.

Matt

Hi Matt, hope the time before your trip flys by :thumbsup2

Matt

Hang in there, it'll be Disney before you know it..:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter