• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning....working a day shift less then 12 hours from comming off a night shift is not fun...:crazy2: Today's highlight is processing a $30 000 order, which is the equivilent of yesterday's total sales.

Morning guys!

Big day for me, have a huge presentation to give and some hands on training after that. Wish me luck!

matt

Good luck

Good Day Men! :wave:

I have a few questions please. Has anyone used Southwest's Express Bag Drop yet, If so how was it? I also asked over in the PUB too, I'd really like an answer.

Morning....working a day shift less then 12 hours from comming off a night shift is not fun...:crazy2: Today's highlight is processing a $30 000 order, which is the equivilent of yesterday's total sales.

Somebody is having a huge party!

Morning Everyone, Happy Hump Day!!

I know how this may sound to some people and I am very sorry. I do not mean to dishonor or offend anyone.
Seriously... I get it. I wasn't even there, and I don't want to relive that day.

No need to apologize at all. I'm sorry you had to go through that experience.

It's funny, I usually get criticized for saying things like this, but I can't help it. I avoid 9/11 stories and shows almost completely. So does my wife. In fact, we did not mention it once to each other today.

My wife is the same way, Chris (she's from Staten Island, 34 families in her parish lost people). She won't watch any of the recap shows and tears up still when families come on TV. She even gets really upset at movies that keep destroying NYC in action scenes (like the Avengers). I think for many who are so close to it, that wound will never really heal. Thanks for sharing your story.

Sorry for the following ramble.

It's funny, I usually get criticized for saying things like this, but I can't help it. I avoid 9/11 stories and shows almost completely. So does my wife. In fact, we did not mention it once to each other today.

Wow, guys. It's amazing to hear the stories from those who were there. I don't blame you for not wanting to bring it up. They had a retrospective on the other night and starting playing voice mail messages from people in the towers, and I had to change the channel. Just too raw.

In a similar idea and if y’all don’t mind, I’ve got something I’d like to share.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. From what I've seen on TV, I think the memorial is very well-done. Tasteful and appropriate.

I know how this may sound to some people and I am very sorry. I do not mean to dishonor or offend anyone.

no offense taken at all here. "Touchy" is definitely a fitting word.

Good Day Men! :wave:

I have a few questions please. Has anyone used Southwest's Express Bag Drop yet, If so how was it? I also asked over in the PUB too, I'd really like an answer.

We just flew SW at the end of July. SW took our bags at the curb. just showed ID, boarding pass (printed at home), and gave them the bags. They weighed them and we had to shift a couple of things from one bag to another. Aside from shifting that weight, you couldn't really get more "express" than that.

Morning guys. :wave2:

13 days until we head down. :cool1: DD still has no clue, but asks daily about when we can go back to WDW... The plan is still to wake her up at about 4 am right as we need to head to the airport and tell her... I'm hoping it goes well, but a bit nervous at how she'll respond to the surprise of it all (she likes to plan for things, even at 4 yrs old)...

We just flew SW at the end of July. SW took our bags at the curb. just showed ID, boarding pass (printed at home), and gave them the bags. They weighed them and we had to shift a couple of things from one bag to another. Aside from shifting that weight, you couldn't really get more "express" than that.

When we flew with them in June we got to the the airport 1 1/2 hours before our flight. We also did curb check in with the Skycaps, took a half hour and then a hour though security. We barely made our flight. :(

SW is now advertising the Express Bag Check, from their website:

Follow three simple steps to take advantage of Express Bag Drop:

Arrive at the airport with your boarding pass*. You can get a boarding pass online as early as 24 hours before your flight!
Scan the bar code on your boarding pass at the Express Bag Drop kiosk and indicate the number of bags you are checking.
Show your government-issued photo ID to the Customer Service Agent who will tag your bag so you can be on your way!

Seriously... I get it. I wasn't even there, and I don't want to relive that day.

No need to apologize at all. I'm sorry you had to go through that experience.

My wife is the same way, Chris (she's from Staten Island, 34 families in her parish lost people). She won't watch any of the recap shows and tears up still when families come on TV. She even gets really upset at movies that keep destroying NYC in action scenes (like the Avengers). I think for many who are so close to it, that wound will never really heal. Thanks for sharing your story.

Wow, guys. It's amazing to hear the stories from those who were there. I don't blame you for not wanting to bring it up. They had a retrospective on the other night and starting playing voice mail messages from people in the towers, and I had to change the channel. Just too raw.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. From what I've seen on TV, I think the memorial is very well-done. Tasteful and appropriate.

no offense taken at all here. "Touchy" is definitely a fitting word.

THanks guys!

My DW (girlfriend at the time) and I were on vacation in Ocean City, MD. She went to the beach early and I was laying in bed and decided to turn on the TV. I was watching the video of the smoke as they talked about a plane that hit the tower. They were discussing what could of happened. Moments later I watched in horror as the second plane hit. I knew at that moment it was no accident. I was scared and I was 200 miles away. I could only imagine how scary and horrible it must of been to be there as it happened. I was scared driving over the bridge on the way home at the end of the week.

No offense taken here Chris.

Happy Wednesday guys.

I've got an unusual Wednesday off (normally it's Friday or Saturday).

Did my first bit of plumbing I ever did today....fixed our bathroom faucet that wasn't giving out hot water anymore.

A call to Moen and a quick run to Home depot for a puller tool and in about an hour I've got hot and cold again.

:cool1:

Not too bad for a guy that's not so handy!

Hope you all have a great day!

My DW (girlfriend at the time) and I were on vacation in Ocean City, MD. She went to the beach early and I was laying in bed and decided to turn on the TV. I was watching the video of the smoke as they talked about a plane that hit the tower. They were discussing what could of happened. Moments later I watched in horror as the second plane hit. I knew at that moment it was no accident. I was scared and I was 200 miles away. I could only imagine how scary and horrible it must of been to be there as it happened. I was scared driving over the bridge on the way home at the end of the week.

No offense taken here Chris.

Thanks Tim!!

It's funny, I usually get criticized for saying things like this, but I can't help it. I avoid 9/11 stories and shows almost completely. So does my wife. In fact, we did not mention it once to each other today...

Chris, I can appreciate that. While I was in DC with most of my staff, other staff members were in NY. Their experience was a lot more intense than ours was. No one should be criticized about how they cope dealing with 9-11 and the aftermath.

Happy Wednesday guys.

Did my first bit of plumbing I ever did today....fixed our bathroom faucet that wasn't giving out hot water anymore.

A call to Moen and a quick run to Home depot for a puller tool and in about an hour I've got hot and cold again.

Well done. Every time I go to Ace, when I leave they say, "See you in an hour."

scott2997 said:
Happy Wednesday guys.

A puller!!! I have beach front property in Indiana id like to sell you. One shot of hair spray and it will pull out. Why didn't you text me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter