DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from the American Adventure!

homer_woohoo.jpg

I survived. No cavities. Thankfully, someone missed me.
Not really. I just found carrying on a conversation with you is great way to post pad. ;)

Well, I'll be in good enough shape to try to get in better shape.

THat's a lot. All weather related? There was a joke by Drew Hastings on Bob & Tom, when he called his insurance company to report a fallen tree from a storm and was told it was not covered under "act of God" clause. For 10,000 years, people gave debated the existence of God and my Prudential agent has him running around my property.

I'm sure he told it better.

i got a cute one. She is married with children, but not a bad way to start the morning. At least until that metal thing starts scraping your teeth. BTW, no cavities.
The few times I've had to ref soccer games I was always sore the next day. And that was before the kids and 30 sympathy pounds that came with it.

I live on the south western edge of the Twin Cities so when the severe weather comes through it has had time to get a head of steam going across the prairie. All three claims were for hail. The first two were nine months apart. I wish I could find the pic from the second storm. The yard looked like it had snowed. It was really covered in pea to golf ball sized hail with some baseball and softball thrown in for good measure.

I had a dentist like that once. Didn't need any Novocaine, just her blue eyes.

Ok about to call DVC and talk with a CM about it more, was planning on waiting till after trip in oct but the special they got till the end of sept is drawing my attention, so not buying today but making the step to call and speak to a CM instead of watching the DVD again

Chris - is the baseball pool a Yahoo league or is it like the fantasy football pool?

It's Yahoo head to head each week. Rotisserie scoring.

If you want in next year, please let me know when I make the announcement and you're in :thumbsup2.

Not really. I just found carrying on a conversation with you is great way to post pad. ;)

Wish I had thought of that. Or, maybe ......, :thumbsup2

he few times I've had to ref soccer games I was always sore the next day. And that was before the kids and 30 sympathy pounds that came with it.

I live on the south western edge of the Twin Cities so when the severe weather comes through it has had time to get a head of steam going across the prairie. All three claims were for hail. The first two were nine months apart. I wish I could find the pic from the second storm. The yard looked like it had snowed. It was really covered in pea to golf ball sized hail with some baseball and softball thrown in for good measure.

Hurricane Ike hit us in KY and ripped off my roof. I had never seen anything like it.

Ok about to call DVC and talk with a CM about it more, was planning on waiting till after trip in oct but the special they got till the end of sept is drawing my attention, so not buying today but making the step to call and speak to a CM instead of watching the DVD again

One of the perks if you did buy thru Disney is that they would use the current $ you spent on this vacation towards the down payment. Bad part is that you couldn't stay at AoA since it is not a DVC resort.

Greetings from the American Adventure!

David.

I made the best of the losers in consolation bracket and didn't even get a mention. Gettin dissed by the commish.

Congratulations! You are the tallest midget at the circus!! :rotfl2:

Still no word on the goat bacon??

Wow. I managed to get 3 games correct in the DIS Dads pick-em league. I'm letting my kids pick for the rest of the year.

I did bad too. Stupid Eagles. I started out bad last year as well and did ok in the end.

Morning Gents!

Going to be a busy week here for me, meetings all week, soccer tryouts and basketball skills camp for DS, soccer games for me and a board meeting on Saturday. Going to be fun.

Sounds busy. Have fun, or don't sleep at meeting.

Peyton looked like Peyton last night. I'm happy for him. Go Broncos!

Broncos did play well last night. Should have started Tamme at TE.

You guys definitely have me wishing we had the money to go for it.

AirGoofy said:
Wish I had thought of that. Or, maybe ......, :thumbsup2

Hurricane Ike hit us in KY and ripped off my roof. I had never seen anything like it.

One of the perks if you did buy thru Disney is that they would use the current $ you spent on this vacation towards the down payment. Bad part is that you couldn't stay at AoA since it is not a DVC resort.

David.

Well I crunched the numbers and cannot currently afford DVC, at least not until DD is out of daycare, I pay over the amount of yearly dues in one month of daycare so when she goes to school that should free up a little coin

Well I crunched the numbers and cannot currently afford DVC, at least not until DD is out of daycare, I pay over the amount of yearly dues in one month of daycare so when she goes to school that should free up a little coin

Don't stretch yourself too thin on payments. Other than divorce, I think that is why there are so many resales. Having to pay monthly payments and dues just makes you start to dread the payment, which is you dread What the payment represents - Disney. Save up the cash and Buy a small resale contract at WDW DVC. Then, you can always add on resale or purchase direct thru Disney as a member. If you plan to use your member points exchange elsewhere, then resale isn't the route to go. It is a lot to consider, but I never recommend anyone go into debt to do it.

AirGoofy said:
Don't stretch yourself too thin on payments. Other than divorce, I think that is why there are so many resales. Having to pay monthly payments and dues just makes you start to dread the payment, which is you dread What the payment represents - Disney. Save up the cash and Buy a small resale contract at WDW DVC. Then, you can always add on resale or purchase direct thru Disney as a member. If you plan to use your member points exchange elsewhere, then resale isn't the route to go. It is a lot to consider, but I never recommend anyone go into debt to do it.

Why isn't resale the way to go? Wdw is the main place but eventually would like to see DL and a cruise when DD is older, would like to go back in feb or so for a long weekend trip to check out new fantasyland and maybe take her to Epcot

Why isn't resale the way to go? Wdw is the main place but eventually would like to see DL and a cruise when DD is older, would like to go back in feb or so for a long weekend trip to check out new fantasyland and maybe take her to Epcot

Resale points can not be exchanged for cruises. There was a new restriction placed on those purchased after a year or so ago.

AirGoofy said:
Page 114 ownage
Resale points can not be exchanged for cruises. There was a new restriction placed on those purchased after a year or so ago.

Ahhh that makes sense now, well I'll have to weigh those options, don't see taking her on a cruise till maybe she's 8 or even older so I might do resale till that time, for the trips in between

Ahhh that makes sense now, well I'll have to weigh those options, don't see taking her on a cruise till maybe she's 8 or even older so I might do resale till that time, for the trips in between

We are trying a cruise next year. I can't imagine liking it more than WDW.

AirGoofy said:
We are trying a cruise next year. I can't imagine liking it more than WDW.

Went on a few growing up ( non Disney ) they are fun in their own way and relaxing, see new sites, perfect trip would be a few days at wdw then a 3 or 4 day cruise and then prob some more wdw lol sounds expensive haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter