DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Emma's Dad, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma's Dad

Emma's Dad DIS Dad #115 8^) Virginia Beach, VA

Attention all members. Excuse me while I drag over this dilapidated, beer-stained soapbox for a moment. I have an announcement to make. :mic:

For the last 3 years I have been privileged to be the man to coordinate the opening of new DDC threads and to officially welcome new members to the club. I still find it hard to believe that I have been performing these tasks for so long... through 19 threads! Flew by, actually. It's been a great honor! :thumbsup2

Over the past few months I have found less and less time and energy to spend keeping up with the boards. I found myself wondering if there is someone else that could be enlisted to help or take over the responsibilities I have enjoyed thus far. This leads me to the announcement. I hope you will all agree with me that this person will more than adequately take these tasks and make it more than I could imagine :) Commencing with the end of the current thread, the man who will henceforth announce the reception of new members and create new threads is....

:goofy: Cinderella's Fella (Randall) :goofy:

I will continue to add new members through the end of this thread... but please start referring new members to Randall once the new thread opens. It's been a pleasure fellas!! Oh... and no, I'm not going anywhere! Just need to take a load off for a little bit. :surfweb:

Here's the soapbox, Randall.

[​IMG]

Big announcement ownage

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. belias21

belias21 DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Woohoo! Thanks... :cool1:

4. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Excellent choice. I'm kind of partial to the Droids, myself. Just download Tango. I believe somebody says he has it and it does the same thing as Facetime.

I like ForumRunner. That's actually the only way I ever check that forum. The only downside is that you can't see sigs and you loose the smilies.

5. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Thanks for the hard work and enjoy your retirement, Don! :thumbsup2

6. Goofy + 3

Goofy + 3 <font color=red>DDC 400<br><font color=purple>Reme

Thanks for all of your contributions, Don. You've earned a long vacation. And Randall is a great choice for the new "Don".

7. RodBelding

RodBelding <font color=red>DIS Dad #589<br><font color=royalb

Glad to hear it's going better, good luck. :thumbsup2

You really saw fit to give Randall more to be responsible for around here????? :confused3:confused3:confused3

JK! Thanks for all the hard work Don, and thanks for the future hard work Randall! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

8. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

The King is dead, Long live the King.

Thanks for all the work Don and good luck Randall.

9. wasnotafan

wasnotafan All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Thanks for your efforts and Randall will do well (and have less time for LAST posting)

10. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Well...that sucks. Hope you got this taken care of without too much of a hit on the wallet.

I watched the first 2. It's entertaining (if a little silly) so far. I'll stick with it for now and see where it goes.

Someone had an awful good sports weekend.

We've been looking into these a bit lately (mostly my wife is tired of not being able to reach me). It's hard to bite the bullet on the data plan expense, though. The Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go plan looked intriguing to me. Not sure about their coverage, though. Or their phones. :confused3

Thanks for taking care of the club, Don! You've been an unsung hero around here. We couldn't have done so well without you! And I can totally understand about needing a break.

I for one would like to welcome our new overlord, Randall!

11. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

Thanks for all that you do Don :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Randall, congrats....I think :rotfl2:

12. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Got the Avengers monorail while standing in line at MNSSHP entrance. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

13. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

Awesome cabin...

As for FaceTime with DAVE, you can always try to download TANGO... :)

14. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

Thanks for the years of hard work Don....

And Randall... We know you will do a great job!

15. Emma's Dad

Emma's Dad DIS Dad #115 8^) Virginia Beach, VA

Most welcome!

I'll have to look into that. I notices the DIS has their own forum app... but for some reason I keep getting some annoying add that takes over the screen every few seconds. THAT's not going to work for me. :lmao:

Very welcome to all you guys. :thumbsup2
    Don't forget to thank Aaron for all he does over at the "other" place.... he puts a lot more elbow grease into that place in one week than I have in this forum for 3 years! :worship::worship::worship:

Well... the data package was holding me back, too. I founf out that we were paying for more minutes than we needed to be paying for... so I dropped minutes from the plan which freed up $15. So in our mind the data package is only $15 more a month now :lmao: Worked on DW anyway :rolleyes1

16. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

Thank you Don for all your hard work over the years!!!! :thumbsup2

And Thank you guys for your vote of confidants!!!

Now, I just need to figure out how to drive the,

[​IMG]

When,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

::yes:: Except for the Purdue game, but disappointment is pretty much the highest expectation you can have there. :rolleyes2

Before Barry can even bring it up, Wisconsin comes to town next week, so just go ahead and put Ball back into the Heisman talk.

I know exactly what you mean. I never had a smartphone up until about a year ago just because that data plan every month was just too salty. I have to admit that I'm glad we finally broke down and upgraded though. With all the apps and everything else at your fingertips, it is great to have it right there whenever you're looking for something to do to kill a couple of minutes.

There are a lot of practical reasons that they're good too. :rotfl2::rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Sweet ride.

Have fun!

18. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

Thanks for all your hard work Don

19. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Hmmm... I have the Disboards app and I don't have any problems with ads. :confused3

20. RodBelding

RodBelding <font color=red>DIS Dad #589<br><font color=royalb

Have fun at the party, those fireworks are the best!!! :thumbsup2

21. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

Thanks for the shoutout Don. The other place would never exist without your stewardship around here. I'm sure Statler, er um Waldorf, um yeah, I mean Randall will do a fine job staying on top of things over on this side. :thumbsup2 <---thumb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.