DDA Favorite Recipes Thread

I haven't tried them all, I got them off the boards a few years ago & they are in my recipe file. One day I will try all of my recipes (especially the sweets) :lmao:Penny

Thanks for posting those yummy sweet recipes, Penny!

Here's a favorite around here...having it for dinner tonight. :)

Barbeque Roasted Salmon

4 six ounce salmon fillets
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup pineapple juice
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
½ teaspoon salt

Thaw salmon, if frozen. In a zip top plastic bag, combine pineapple and lemon juice. Add salmon and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, turning occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Remove fish from bag and discard marinade. Combine brown sugar, chili powder, lemon rind, and salt in bowl. Place fish on a roasting pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Evenly distribute spice mixture over salmon. Bake for 15 minutes.

Pineapple Fluff

1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 16 oz. container Cool Whip
3 medium bananas
1 angel food cake, torn into pieces

Mix pudding, pineapple, and Cool Whip for 2 minutes or until pudding is dissolved and well mixed.
Fold in bananas until well coated, then do the same with the cake.
Chill well before serving.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cucumber Rolls

1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 an envelope dry Italian dressing mix
dash of Tabasco sauce
40 slices small party bread
40 slices cucumbers

In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, dressing mix and Tabasco. Mix well.
Spread cheese on each slice of bread, top with a cucumber slice.

My husband is going to kill me... I already spend so much time on here getting info about disney and now recipes. Cleaning house is not even an option anymore.:rotfl2: I love crock pot recipes.
I have one. I got this from a co worker one time and don't know the original name. I just call it Pork Roast.

Ingredients:
Pork roast
1 jar of orange marmalade
Chicken broth
Soy sauce
Garlic cloves

Brown the pork roast and place in crock pot. Heat orange marmalade in microwave and strain. Pour orange marmalade juice in crock pot. Add 5 drops of soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic (I use garlic powder), and 1/2 can of chicken broth. Cook on low in crock pot for 8 hrs.

Welcome Melanie! :wave2:

I love crockpot recipes, too. Have you ever checked out the blog of the woman who used her crockpot every single day in 2008? She's got some great recipes. I think it was www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

The brown sugar chicken is really yummy, but I advice using a crockpot liner!

Crock Pot Brown Sugar Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR 12 boneless thighs (frozen or thawed)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup lemon lime soda
2/3 cup vinegar or dry white wine
3 cloves chopped and smashed garlic
2 Tblsp soy sauce
1 tsp. black pepper
Place chicken in crock pot. Cover with brown sugar, pepper, garlic, and soy sauce. Add vinegar, and pour in lemon lime soda. (It will bubble - don't worry.) Cook on low 7-9 or high 4-5 hours. Chicken is done when cooked through or reached desired consistancy. Serve over rice or noodles.

Amy I wound up not making the cucumber rolls, but the pineapple fluff is awesome. I used banana cream pudding and french vanilla cool whip.

Ok Stephanie posted Amy's spaghetti sauce recipe. Here is my version of Amy's recipe, with my DH's input.

1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. butter (no margarine!!)
2 (12oz) cans tomato paste
4 cans water
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 1/2 lbs. Italian sausage, cooked

Saute in the butter, the onion and garlic.
Add tomato paste and water, stir until no lumps.
Add baking soda, salt and italian seasoning, stir. Let simmer on low 1 hour.
Add italian sausage, and simmer 1 more hour.

I am definitely going to try the pineapple fluff before the summer is over!

What does baking soda "add" to the sauce, Heidi? He eliminated my favorite ingredient: the sugar! :)

My husband is going to kill me... I already spend so much time on here getting info about disney and now recipes. Cleaning house is not even an option anymore.:rotfl2: I love crock pot recipes.
I have one. I got this from a co worker one time and don't know the original name. I just call it Pork Roast.

Ingredients:
Pork roast
1 jar of orange marmalade
Chicken broth
Soy sauce
Garlic cloves

Brown the pork roast and place in crock pot. Heat orange marmalade in microwave and strain. Pour orange marmalade juice in crock pot. Add 5 drops of soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic (I use garlic powder), and 1/2 can of chicken broth. Cook on low in crock pot for 8 hrs.

I understaand Melanie; My husband is convinced that the DIS is a cult./

Just found this recipe thread. MMM MMM MMM:love:

Here are two "Cookie Monster" Recipes that I made for a Sesame Street B-day Party. I loved making the sugar cookie recipe when I was a little girl.

CookieMonstersSugarCookies.jpg

CookieMonstersChocolateChipCookies.jpg

If you want Disney themed recipe cards...here are a bunch of blank recipe cards that I made for someone wanting "Disney Recipe Cards":

http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp232/jtanddolly/Recipe Cards/

Here are a few more:

Here is a quick and easy "Broccoli Slaw" recipe that is great with bar-b-que and everyone will think it is cabbage not broccoli. I always get a lot of compliments and requests for this recipe:

BroccoliSlaw.jpg

Here is another Broccoli Salad recipe...it is also GREAT, but takes longer to make. If you have to take a salad to a church function, meeting, BUNCO night, etc. this is a great one to make and will be the only one like it there:

BroccoliSlawcopy.jpg

Here is a GREAT Chicken Salad recipe that is a favorite with my BUNCO group. Everyone has the recipe and we see it at two BUNCO nights a year:

ChickenSalad.jpg

Enjoy!

The baking soda takes away the acidness of the tomato sauce. Sugar will do the same thing but we don't like sweet sauce.

What does baking soda "add" to the sauce, Heidi? He eliminated my favorite ingredient: the sugar! :)

I forgot to sign up for email notifications for this thread, and in the hubbub of birthdays around here, I haven't checked it in a while.

Dolly, your recipe cards are adorable, and the recipes sound delicious! My husband is a big fan of broccoli salad...I will have to try your variations!

Tom, I know I'm a month late on your joke, but my "famous" cole slaw recipe was a big hit at Noah's party. Of course, I have to remember that a little cole slaw goes a long way, and I need to stop making so much!

Heidi, thanks for answering my baking soda question. :thumbsup2

I used this quick and easy pulled pork recipe recently. Delicious!

INGREDIENTS
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
4-5 pounds boneless pork roast (your choice of cut)
1 large bottle barbeque sauce (I used Montgomery Inn)

DIRECTIONS
Pour can of beef broth into slow cooker, and add pork. Cook on High heat for 4 hours, or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, and shred with two forks.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer the shredded pork to a Dutch oven and stir in barbeque sauce. (I also added a little of the broth left in the crockpot for moisture.)
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven 350º
Lightly grease 13x9x2 pan

Combine eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Beat well.
Stir in flour, soda, salt, powder and spice. Mix well.
Bake for 45 minutes.

I never use nuts, and it can be iced with cream cheese frosting.

Thanks for adding your recipe to this thread, Heidi! Sounds delicious! :)

Made this for a birthday party, wasn't much left when I went home.

Quick & Easy Casserole (This is how it is listed on the box)

Create a casserole by layering frozen pierogies in a 9x13 pan with 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced italian tomatoes, 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce, sliced pepperoni, diced green pepper and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350º for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbling.

Made this for a birthday party, wasn't much left when I went home.

Quick & Easy Casserole (This is how it is listed on the box)

Create a casserole by layering frozen pierogies in a 9x13 pan with 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced italian tomatoes, 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce, sliced pepperoni, diced green pepper and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350º for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbling.

What are pierogies and where do you find them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter