DDA Chapter 3

Dana just took my MIL home..Whew... I Lysoled the whole playroom & washed all the linens (where she was sleeping) & have had the window open all day to air the room out. She said I was the best daughter in law in the whole world to have taken such good care of her. She said my other SIL would have thrown her out!:laughing:

Seems like we are all back to normal as far as the sickies are concerned. Hopefully that will be it for this winter.

I was working on my Aug ADR's & thought I had a plan...Then Dana mentions that he liked HDDR & we should do that! Back to the drawing board!!!!

Dana just took my MIL home..Whew... I Lysoled the whole playroom & washed all the linens (where she was sleeping) & have had the window open all day to air the room out. She said I was the best daughter in law in the whole world to have taken such good care of her. She said my other SIL would have thrown her out!:laughing:

Seems like we are all back to normal as far as the sickies are concerned. Hopefully that will be it for this winter.

I was working on my Aug ADR's & thought I had a plan...Then Dana mentions that he liked HDDR & we should do that! Back to the drawing board!!!!

Tell Dana when HE is the one taking care of his sick mother THEN he can pick the ADRs. Until then he has to hush! ;)

JACKIE,
10.gif

the walk was good. they raised $181,000+. they were still counting the money. they also had a walk in the woodlands so that one gets added also.

Hi guys,

I'm going to ask for lots of prayers and PD, and anything else you can throw this way.

I think I told you about my SIL, he has a deformity in his kidney that has caused a blockage, and consequently caused damage. He had a stint put in right after Thanksgiving, and had a renal scan done after six weeks. After viewing the results his doctor told him that he could repair the kidney and the surgery was set up for February 19th.

Through some very poor decisions on their part, my SIL has no insurance, and after paying what they can they are now totally broke. SIL's mother got it into her head that this surgery was too dangerous and they had to find someone who could do it laproscopically, well she found a doctor at Tulane University that could do it. After seeing him he told them that he would do what he could on the finance end, and the surgery was scheduled for the
13th. Well Tulane called yesterday and told them that they would have to have the fee $27,000.00 the day he entered the hospital, they don't have it, and have no idea how they could possibly get it. The mom, who insisted that he do this, made the comment, I knew that was going to happen, DON'T MAKE ME GO THERE!!!!!!!

So now my DD is a wreck, my SIL is having a lot of pain and doesn't have any idea what he is going to do. I told her that they needed to contact his original doctor and explain the circumstances, I just can't see him letting him continue to suffer. We can help them some, but not to the tune of $27,000.00.

Please add them to your prayer lists,

Debbie

the walk was good. they raised $181,000+. they were still counting the money. they also had a walk in the woodlands so that one gets added also.

That's great!:thumbsup2 Did you have a good time?

The new Mickey Monitor fell rather flat for me. There are coupons for a free lithograph from each park but they are only valid Feb. 14 - March 14. If anybody going during that time wants my coupons I will send them to you! I know not everybody has very good luck getting the hard copy of the newsletter. :)

We had a blast the last time we went to HDDR, it was just the two of us and they sat us right up against the stage, Six Bits flirted with me all night, :rotfl2: I laughed so much I was in tears.

Bernadette - No, no, no! Last year was only 9 night, not 16. I have to have 2 outfits for every day, which means 7 more than last year. Plus those couple of extra I can't bear to leave behind. :rolleyes1 The thing is, I don't think I have 32 pairs of shorts so I will have to do at least one load of shorts while we are there.
I hope that cold gives you a break soon! :wizard:

Jennifer - I am glad to hear that things look good! I hope you feel better about your Peri than you do about your OB!

I had a delightful lunch with Marci & Lindsay! We need to get in the habit of meeting more often!
We got a Mickey Monitor in the mail today! I'm off to see what it says! :)
Did you have 7 extra outfits total or 7 per person? Seems like you had enough for a 16 night stay last year. If you think you'll have to do laundry for shorts why not throw a few other things in? Doesn't your DH like to take an afternoon break? I find laundry to be a nice break.

Glad you guys had a great lunch!

I didn't get a Mickey Monitor-you must have great mail service!;)

YIKES! JUST left? You really are the best DIL in the world!

Have you even been to Trails End? The food is the same as HDDR. It is a really nice break from the parks-especially at lunch but lunch doesn't have ribs.

:woohoo:

That's wonderful!
Hi guys,

I'm going to ask for lots of prayers and PD, and anything else you can throw this way.

I think I told you about my SIL, he has a deformity in his kidney that has caused a blockage, and consequently caused damage. He had a stint put in right after Thanksgiving, and had a renal scan done after six weeks. After viewing the results his doctor told him that he could repair the kidney and the surgery was set up for February 19th.

Through some very poor decisions on their part, my SIL has no insurance, and after paying what they can they are now totally broke. SIL's mother got it into her head that this surgery was too dangerous and they had to find someone who could do it laproscopically, well she found a doctor at Tulane University that could do it. After seeing him he told them that he would do what he could on the finance end, and the surgery was scheduled for the
13th. Well Tulane called yesterday and told them that they would have to have the fee $27,000.00 the day he entered the hospital, they don't have it, and have no idea how they could possibly get it. The mom, who insisted that he do this, made the comment, I knew that was going to happen, DON'T MAKE ME GO THERE!!!!!!!

So now my DD is a wreck, my SIL is having a lot of pain and doesn't have any idea what he is going to do. I told her that they needed to contact his original doctor and explain the circumstances, I just can't see him letting him continue to suffer. We can help them some, but not to the tune of $27,000.00.

Debbie
Oh Debbie I am so sorry. Sending :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :hug: :hug: for a positive outcome.

YIKES! JUST left? You really are the best DIL in the world!

Have you even been to Trails End? The food is the same as HDDR. It is a really nice break from the parks-especially at lunch but lunch doesn't have ribs.

:woohoo:
No, never did Trail's End. I will look at that one...we did HDDR in 2003 for our anniversary & we got up & danced in front of everyone. It was fun but I wasn't sure we'd do it again. Dana just loves fried chicken & beer so that must have helped make his decision. :laughing:

Yep JUST left..she was here for a week, most of which she was sick. I am glad she was up & about today. I was so afraid she was going to have to go to the hospital. Since she has diabetes she passes out alot & that scared the crap out of me especially with Dana gone & the kids & I here.

Thankfully I now have my "life" back...

Hi guys,

Debbie
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Kristine,

I was thinking about you this week. I think a change of pace will help take your mind off things. I hope you know we are all here for you if you want to talk.

Denise,
Yes, we should coordinate something so we can meet up to say hi while we are at Disney. The picture of BK are cute, she is getting so big. Hope all goes well for your family & all is well for the April trip.

Bernadette - 7 of my outfits were still clean when we came home. Which must mean I packed about 25 outfits for myself. I don't think DS wore all of his stuff, either. DH doesn't have as many outfits as DS & I do, so SOMEBODY will have to do his laundry at WDW. Or I will have to buy him more clothes.:rolleyes1
Yes, my mail service is quite stellar. How did you guess?

No, never did Trail's End.

Lunch is a real bargain. Would you like to do that instead of CP? It would be a lot quieter. Just a thought.

LUNCH
Noon until 2:30 P.M.

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet includes:

Soup of the day
Chili
Salad Bar
Selection of vegetables
Fried chicken
BBQ of the day
Pizza
Assorted hot and cold sandwiches
Chef's Recommendations

Beverages available at an additional cost

Price: $12.99 10 and older; $8.99 Child (3-9)

Soup and Salad Bar Only Available

DINNER
Sunday - Thursdsay: 4:30 to 9:30 p.m.

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet includes:

Soup of the day
Chili
Salad Bar
Peel-and-eat shrimp
Vegetables
Smoked Pork Ribs
Fried Chicken
Choice of Potato
Pasta
Chef's Recommendations
Hand-Carved Roasted Meats
Pizza
Fresh Catch of the day
Housemade Fruit Cobbler
Bread Pudding
Non-alcoholic beverage included
Full service bar also available.

Price: $17.99 Ages 10 and over; $9.99 Child (3-9)

Soup & Salad Bar Only Available $11.50

That's great!:thumbsup2 Did you have a good time?

The new Mickey Monitor fell rather flat for me. There are coupons for a free lithograph from each park but they are only valid Feb. 14 - March 14. If anybody going during that time wants my coupons I will send them to you! I know not everybody has very good luck getting the hard copy of the newsletter. :)

I would love the coupons. I did not get a copy and we will be there in that time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter