DDA Chapter 27

Good morning, DDA! :sunny:

We booked 9 nights at the Dolphin for next October. Their teacher discount was just too tempting and even with the best WDW discounts ever offered none of the Epcot resorts would be able to touch what we are paying. We do have the option of a split stay if something wonderful comes up before then, but I am betting we will just stay put for the entire vacation. We spanned the first two weekends in October so we can be there for the Swolphin Wine & Dine Classic which is competing very well with Epcot's F&W Festival.

:woohoo::yay:

Good morning, DDA! :sunny:

Deb - I am betting Nick will nail it on Monday!! :yay:

Debbie,
Hope the lower dose relives those symptoms. :hug:

Deb,
Good luck to Nick on Monday.

Good morning,

The kids schedules are heating up! I need a clone!!!! :laughing:

I started thinking about Christmas gifts for the kids. Obviously they dont play with "toys" anymore & they are all big readers. I was looking at the Kindle (&maybe the new one Fire). I dont know alot about these readers, if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it). Maybe I should get Nook? :confused3

Good morning,

I started thinking about Christmas gifts for the kids. Obviously they dont play with "toys" anymore & they are all big readers. I was looking at the Kindle (&maybe the new one Fire). I dont know alot about these readers, if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it). Maybe I should get Nook? :confused3

Cassidy loves her NookColor....my sister loves her Kindle and Abi wants the newest Sony Ereader(she likes her old one but is jealous of the bigger screens the other two have)

Good morning,

Matthew has a Kindle that we bought him for Christmas last year. I know that he really likes it, and I know that he researched and decided on the Kindle vs. the Nook. I don't know why he thought that the Kindle was the better choice for him, though. My mother also has the Kindle and really likes it. Again, I don't know why she chose it. I guess I'm not a lot of help. ;)

I am on Cloud 9 right now! :cloud9: I just found out that both Matthew and Laura are going to meet us at Miles' cross country meet on Saturday. Matthew will drive back to school, but Laura wants to come home until Sunday (if I don't mind driving her back up). :cheer2::woohoo: I so don't mind driving her back up! All 5 of us will be in the same place again for at least a little while, and I also get my daughter for an extra day! :lovestruc

Hello all. Chris is feeling slightly better today. He's able to spread out the time between meds a bit more. I woke up not feeling well today. I've had IBS for 4 days and added a cold and nausea into the mix this morning. I worked about 5 1/2 hours then just gave up. I came home and took a nap. I feel a bit better now which is a good thing as I need to take Nick to the home coming bonfire tonight.

I am on Cloud 9 right now! :cloud9: I just found out that both Matthew and Laura are going to meet us at Miles' cross country meet on Saturday. Matthew will drive back to school, but Laura wants to come home until Sunday (if I don't mind driving her back up). :cheer2::woohoo: I so don't mind driving her back up! All 5 of us will be in the same place again for at least a little while, and I also get my daughter for an extra day! :lovestruc

Great news!! Enjoy!!!
Hello all. Chris is feeling slightly better today. He's able to spread out the time between meds a bit more. I woke up not feeling well today. I've had IBS for 4 days and added a cold and nausea into the mix this morning. I worked about 5 1/2 hours then just gave up. I came home and took a nap. I feel a bit better now which is a good thing as I need to take Nick to the home coming bonfire tonight.
Glad Chris is feeling a little better...take care of yourself too deb!

Beth - enjoy time with the kids!

Deb - feel better!

Deb - So glad Chris is improving. Take care of yourself though! I'm glad you came home and napped. I hope you're feeling better this morning.

Beth - Yeah for some time with your kids!

Things are about the same here. 35 days until our trip and I'm all jittery excited! Was going to have a yard sale tomorrow, but the weather is looking pretty chilly in the morning. Not a big deal, but I've got some yucky cold and the cough is really painful today so I'm thinking that being out in the cold in the morning might not be for the best. On the other hand, I know my mom would be able to use the extra cash for her trip to Virginia next weekend so I might go ahead anyway. (They're going to Williamsburg and Newport News area for my great-aunt's 80th birthday. So wish I was going!)

Terry contacted me yesterday to tell me where we are staying the first two nights for Marathon week-end. I'm so excited. I don't want to share her surprise so I'll leave for her to post. Then we join Stephanie for the last two nights at Beach Club. The next couple of months are going to be full of lots of fun for me.

Good evening, DDA! :sunny:

I am writing to you from our oceanfront suite in Virginia Beach. We were upgraded to a lovely room!!!

Terry contacted me yesterday to tell me where we are staying the first two nights for Marathon week-end. I'm so excited. I don't want to share her surprise so I'll leave for her to post. Then we join Stephanie for the last two nights at Beach Club. The next couple of months are going to be full of lots of fun for me.

It is Bob's favorite place Elin, the red roof inn!!! LOL

The Grand Floridian and I am so very excited. What a fantastic win :thumbsup2:cool1::dance3::woohoo:

hello. I can't seem to keep up with my own life let alone anyone else's these days.

Yesterday we spent too many hours at the hospital. Chris had xrays,a wound check and an OT appt to have brace made. No surgery, at least not now. We now have to do daily dressing changes, he has to soak it in hydrogen peroxicide and water, let it air dry then redress it. It looks nasty, but we're getting by. Hunter had appointments with the Oncologist, Neurosurgeon, and Neurologist. They are please with all the post surgery stuff. He has a year before his next MRI and follow up appointments. He mentioned to them that his left ear was hurting and no less than 3 doctors looked at his ears. They noted some redness, but didn't think he had an ear infection. Apparently his pain got really bad during the night, but he didn't wake me up as he didn't want to add to my stress (that has me in tears as he should no that he is never ever a bother) Got him in to see another doctor this morning and both ears are infected, severely. He's on antibiotics now. Of course about an hour ago the leakage that he was experiencing turned to blood. Anothe call to the hospital. It seems that his ear drum has burst, no change in treatment. I will have him sleep in our room tonight as I want to manage his pain. Tomorrow is his friend party here so I hope that he feels up to it.

Nick had a rough go of it again last night. Apparently girls that he doesn't even know have gotten his number and call him when they are depressed or feeling like hurting themselves. I've blocked the number and had him unfriend them on facebook. He is not a therapist and has is own issues to deal with he certainly doesn't need everyone and their friends dumping their issues on him.

On the bright side Colby seems to be doing okay :goodvibes

My stress levels are through the roof and I don't have any control over any of it.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Deb

hello. I can't seem to keep up with my own life let alone anyone else's these days.

Yesterday we spent too many hours at the hospital. Chris had xrays,a wound check and an OT appt to have brace made. No surgery, at least not now. We now have to do daily dressing changes, he has to soak it in hydrogen peroxicide and water, let it air dry then redress it. It looks nasty, but we're getting by. Hunter had appointments with the Oncologist, Neurosurgeon, and Neurologist. They are please with all the post surgery stuff. He has a year before his next MRI and follow up appointments. He mentioned to them that his left ear was hurting and no less than 3 doctors looked at his ears. They noted some redness, but didn't think he had an ear infection. Apparently his pain got really bad during the night, but he didn't wake me up as he didn't want to add to my stress (that has me in tears as he should no that he is never ever a bother) Got him in to see another doctor this morning and both ears are infected, severely. He's on antibiotics now. Of course about an hour ago the leakage that he was experiencing turned to blood. Anothe call to the hospital. It seems that his ear drum has burst, no change in treatment. I will have him sleep in our room tonight as I want to manage his pain. Tomorrow is his friend party here so I hope that he feels up to it.

Nick had a rough go of it again last night. Apparently girls that he doesn't even know have gotten his number and call him when they are depressed or feeling like hurting themselves. I've blocked the number and had him unfriend them on facebook. He is not a therapist and has is own issues to deal with he certainly doesn't need everyone and their friends dumping their issues on him.

My stress levels are through the roof and I don't have any control over any of it.

Deb

Deb, if you ever want to talk, I'm here - just call. I'm so sorry that things are so stressful right now. You sure seem to have more than your fair share. You have lots of people on here that care about you and your family. Venting is just one piece of everyone's sharing in our little slice of the internet. We are here for you. :hug: :grouphug:

Deb

all I an say is wow and send virtual hugs. Glad Chris's hand is starting to look better at least no surgery for now. Poor Hunter hope he feels better fast. such a sweet kid for caring about mom. Has Nick met with the therapist yet? Yay for Colby doing good.

It is Bob's favorite place Elin, the red roof inn!!! LOL

The Grand Floridian and I am so very excited. What a fantastic win :thumbsup2:cool1::dance3::woohoo:

And what a fantastic friend I have for sharing it with me. I am so excited. :banana: :cool1::love: :cloud9: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

:rotfl: Bob laughed when I told him that is where you all are staying! How wonderful for being able to stay at two terrific places for the marathon weekend!!!!! :yay::yay: You all will have so much fun. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter