DDA Chapter 27

Anyone seen anything about whether there is going to be a passholder's christmas gathering this year (or was it DVC). I'm talking about the little party they had at Epcot where you got Christmas ornaments. We are not currently passholders but will be buying them when we get there.
It's a DVC party, Vicki, and last year it was in the ballroom at the Contemporary. Now it's one ornament per family, not person.

DVC Merry Mixer...if I remember correctly the parties were on Thursdays.

This is going to be a very busy day for us here. Bowling this morning, setting up for Alan's step-dad's 80th birthday party this afternoon, and the party this evening. I probably won't be able to get on again before tomorrow.

Elin - I hope you have the most magical time IN THE WORLD!!! You and Bob really deserve this trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Elin,
Have a wonderful time!!!
10.gif

Well Minnie is doing great, you would never know this doggie was ever so ill. She is a power house of energy and giving me a run for my money.
3.gif

The kids love her to peices. They have all been helping walking, running, playing, & feeding her. Sophie is still nervous when she jumps up on her but we are slowly training her to sit, stay, & down. She is quaranteed from other puppies for 3 weeks so a proper training class won't be til Mid October which stinks cause she snips alot & that gets tiring after a while, not to mention something we want to stop now before her big adult teeth grow in.

I still feel like we are out of control here.
4.gif

Have a fabulous trip Elin and Bob!!!

We're busy busy here. Nick's party is tomorrow night and we haven't given the house a deep cleaning in months. I started last night and worked at it all day. Chris and the boys jumped in when they got home and we're looking pretty darn good now. I really deep cleaned Colby's room and the main bathroom. The rest of the house is getting a good cleaning complete with dusting and vacuuming. It'll do. Tomorrow we have bowling in the morning then we'll come home and I can finish cleaning and get the cooking done. Sunday I plan on crashing hard :rotfl::rotfl:

Nick had a follow up doctor's appt today. I really think that he has ADD just like his brothers. The doctor has been treating him for depression for the last 6 weeks and isn't ready to switch horses yet. I'm very frustrated as I think that he is depressed, but I think it is because he has to try so hard to stay focused and the work is tough. It's a case of which came first the chicken or the egg. No med changes today and we'll follow up in 4 weeks. I just hope that his GPA survives the next 4 weeks. Colby and Hunter are both doing well. Nick's teachers, you know the ones that were sure that he didn't have ADD, have all commented on how much better he is doing this year :headache: Why couldn't they have supported me last year.:rolleyes1

Thanks for all the well-wishes, my friends. It is off to bed now because we are leaving for the airport at 5:00 in the morning. See you next week!!! :teeth:

wow on getting the discounts off the gift cards. I don't have a target debit card. Maybe I should think about getting one.

think hard (all of you) it's directly linked to your checking account and 5% comes off your bill. Here tax is a flat 6% so Target ends up paying all of my tax because you can link your card to a school and Target sends 1% to that school. Love It!!

Elin-hope this is most magical trip ever for you two!!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts.:hug: The service Tuesday was beautiful!

Work gets crazier everyday.:confused3:sad2:

Lizzy is struggling again with the day out and not being able to focus while there due to her loss. And I've been working so late that I haven't had the time to be sure she's on track.

DH & Joe are going camping tomorrow. It is supposed to rain. It is pouring right now so maybe it will get it over with now and not rain tomorrow. Not sure DH is up for it but maybe it will be good for him.

Elin-Have a VERY magical trip!!!!!

Deb-hope your MIL is doing better. Hope you find solutions for Nick.

Anne Marie-sorry to hear your puppy had been sick-glad she's doing better

I have to call CRO tomorrow-I just saw Disney Visa discounts are out for January-hope Marathon weekend isn't blacked out.

think hard (all of you) it's directly linked to your checking account and 5% comes off your bill. Here tax is a flat 6% so Target ends up paying all of my tax because you can link your card to a school and Target sends 1% to that school. Love It!!

Elin-hope this is most magical trip ever for you two!!

Yeah, I really like mine! I write my purchase amount down in my ledger as the original total and then apply Phil's discount and my debit discount. I just keep the difference "hidden" in my checking account to add up for trip savings.

Elin - I hope your travels are going well!!! Have a marvelous time!

Anne Marie - I'm so glad your pup has recovered so well.

Deb - Hope Nick is doing better soon. Happy party day.

Glynis - Have a great party tonight!

We're headed out to a little kid convention thingy called Kid City. Should be fun and kids are free, plus I got a coupon for free admission for me so that makes it even better. After that, we may stop at the mall with the new Disney Store for the grand opening party and see how the line for Mickey and Goofy is doing.

Happy Saturday everyone!

The house is clean and the food is cooking. I'm even taking a break. I only wish that it would stop raining as the kids wanted a campfire. Oh well.

I sure wish we were at the MK celebrating with everyone else.:sad1:

I am finally home!! Hubby picked me up tonight and we got home at 10:00pm.

Had the best time. I know our friends had a great time as well.

Highlights:

Palo Brunch
Alone time at the Spa
Empress Tea
Drink O Day
Loved the movie The Help
Loved, loved watching Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D
Really laughed at the Comic and had such fun watching the scavenger hunt and the married challenge.
too many other things to mention

Lowlights:

Really wished the Empress Tea tour was set up different. I would have loved to be able to tour the grounds and shops. I was getting really tired of hearing about how much the homes cost. I didn't think that I was signing up for a real estate tour!!
Leaving the ship took way longer than necessary.
The weather could have been better

I am finally home!! Hubby picked me up tonight and we got home at 10:00pm.

Had the best time. I know our friends had a great time as well.

Highlights:

Palo Brunch
Alone time at the Spa
Empress Tea
Drink O Day
Loved the movie The Help
Loved, loved watching Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D
Really laughed at the Comic and had such fun watching the scavenger hunt and the married challenge.
too many other things to mention

Lowlights:

Really wished the Empress Tea tour was set up different. I would have loved to be able to tour the grounds and shops. I was getting really tired of hearing about how much the homes cost. I didn't think that I was signing up for a real estate tour!!
Leaving the ship took way longer than necessary.
The weather could have been better

Glad you are home. Looks like the highlights outweighed the lowlights! How was Disneyland?

Glad you are home. Looks like the highlights outweighed the lowlights! How was Disneyland?

Loved Disneyland. We got to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride twice!!:goodvibes:goodvibes Club 33 was fantastic, we got pictures with Pluto and Mickey as soon as we sat down. The food was wonderful. So bummed that Pirates was not operating.:mad: I also realized they took out Carousel of Progress and was sad I didn't get to see that.

Our view from our villa was perfect. We sat on the balcony and watched The Wonderful Word of Color both nights. That was awesome. So much better than standing forever waiting to get a spot to stand and watch it!!

Hello

Welcome home Terry

I hope Elin's trip is going better :wizard:

Nothing much happening here except work... and more work. At least the house looks good for a couple of days:rotfl2:

Good morning, DDA! It's been busy here, and the troublemaker at work quit. So, I am now working 5 days a week.

Debbie, pixiedust: for a better day!

Have a great day, DDA! :)

Morning! It's a rainy morning here, and I have to leave for the school's book fair in a few minutes!

Terry - I'm so glad you enjoyed Disneyland! I'm looking forward to going back soon!!! Hopefully, the construction at DCA will end soon, and people will be able to navigate the park better!

Can anyone tell me what's been happening with Elin? I have heard snippets on FB, but really haven't been able to tell the whole story. I was so hoping that this trip would be perfect for them!

Beth - I'm glad the troublemaker is gone! Sorry that increases your workload, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter