DDA Chapter 27

Elin - what a beautiful view, I bet Bob really did enjoy it.

Deb - ((hugs)) It's so frustrating when something is wrong but the doctors can't figure it out, hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

Glynis - ((hugs)) Sending you good thoughts for Leslie

I see the doctor this afternoon and I'll find out the results of the culture. They have me in a post surgery splint and I can't see the incision so I don't know what it looks like right now, but it definitely feels like something is going on.

Glynis - Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. If there's anything I can offer in support with Leslie, please let me know. It sounds a lot like what we went through with Terra last year.

Deb - I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling any better and still don't have answers. I really hope they can figure something out soon.

Debbie - Hope the infection is nothing too serious and that you're on the mend for good very soon.

Elin - Beautiful view!

I'm hard pressed to have good news to share right now as it's been a particularly rough week with family and friends affected by the OK tornado, a friend losing his daughter and now tonight we have to have our dog Chalupa put to sleep. I'm really hoping that a relaxing weekend of camping with my Scouts this weekend will help revitalize my brain and heart as they aren't doing so hot right now.

A big sprinkling of Pixie dust and hugs to all.
Deb have you tried keeping a food diary to see if certain things make it worse? Then you could take that to the GI Dr.
Debbie sorry about your foot. I hope you get good news from the Dr.
Elin I love all your pics.
Tia sorry about the dog. Prayers for your friend. Glad every one in Oklahoma is safe.
Glynis Have you kept a diary of her symptoms to see if what she eats or not enough sleep makes it worse. It might be a good idea so that when you finally get to the Dr you are better prepared.
Dad got readmitted to the hospital on Sat. he started getting Dizzy when he sat/stood up and was passing out.

I'm so sorry to keep reading that most everyone is struggling with something these days, it seems the norm. I don't know what happened to our happy little DDA world.

My GI doc is very nice. I spoke to her yesterday afternoon about how to proceed from here and was pleasantly surprised to get a call from her at 9 PM last night as she had thought of a new prescription for me. :thumbsup2

Good morning, DDA! :sunny:

Sounds like so many of us are dealing with major issues right now. My heart aches for all of you. You were all so strong for me two years ago; I wish there was more that I could do in return. :grouphug:

Hello everyone! I know it has been entirely too long since I have been here, but I got so used to catching up on facebook ,but miss chatting..I will make every effort to get here and keep "in the loop!" As I was reading to catch up, I saw all of the posts with good thoughts for the hurricane...
Good afternoon, DDA! :sunny:

Jen - I know you don't get on here very often, but please know Bob and I are keeping you close to our hearts as you all work through the devastation in your area. I know you are sad. :hug:

Jen - the same goes for me and my family! Please know that you are in our thoughts. I hope that you are doing ok. Please let us know.

Jen - :grouphug: My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, although Richie and I came through Katrina with minimal damage compared to several, we have several family members who didn't. The good news is that they have all either rebuilt or relocated and are doing well now.

I know this is completely overdue and if you are on facebook, this quick "recap" will be repeats, so I apologize!
My grandma's house was hit hard with the hurricane-She was the 3rd house from the beach-the 1st was washed away, the 2nd was demolished, and then there is ours. Luckily, our house stayed on its foundation, but had to be gutted. We had a truck through the back of the house and the deck, fence, shed was all blown/washed away. It has been such a huge process and is still on going. Thankful for great friends to have helped through this--it took us an entire day to empty out the contents of the house--mostly having to use a shovel to get everything into garbage cans--it was horrible to just shovel and throw away pictures from when we were kids and all those mementos. But we are working on the rebuilding of it all--we now have new siding, windows, and doors and they are working on the electric and plumbing now--such a slow process!

My grandmother had been going downhill since last summer and was staying with my parents because she could no longer live alone. In March, she fell and broke her hip and went to the rehab facility she had been in previously. Unfortunately, she was not able to get better and her kidney function continued to fail.She passed away on April 30.

It has been a difficult year at work as well--I have a tough class with tough parents---a lot of procedure/supervisor changes in our district as well--I have never been so glad for the school year to be almost over!

To say that we have been having a rough year is an understatement but its got to get better soon! I am focusing on family and being with them...I will be flying to SC to see my brother as soon as the school year is over and will stay a week. In july, we will be going on a 9 night cruise.

Cant wait to get back to chatting with you all!

And, Bob and I are celebrating two years since his stroke. Some days it is hard to believe it has been that long.
Wow! 2 years! That's wonderful news!

Hunter had his MRI this morning. Still Clear!!! The next MRI will be in two years. They see absolutely no signs of regrowth. Huge sigh of relief here. Hopefully anxiety levels will drop here for a while.:cool1::cool1:
Excellent!!!

:wave2: DDA! :sunny:

Jen - nice to read a recap of everything you have been going through. I sure hope this next year brings some better times for you and your family. :hug:

:wave2: DDA! :sunny:

Jen - nice to read a recap of everything you have been going through. I sure hope this next year brings some better times for you and your family. :hug:

Thanks Elin! Sorry to be all "doom and gloom." On to better parts of the year hopefully :)

You are so right Elin!
Today was a good day--it was the last day with the kids then I went to dinner and drinks with a couple of teachers..then massages with another friend! Tomorrow and MOnday, we work in the classroom, then it is truly summer!

You are so right Elin!
Today was a good day--it was the last day with the kids then I went to dinner and drinks with a couple of teachers..then massages with another friend! Tomorrow and MOnday, we work in the classroom, then it is truly summer!

Ahhhhhh... workdays! I had those this week too. Only difference is that I start back to work on Monday! :rotfl:

Enjoy your well-deserved summer vacation, Jen! :goodvibes

Enjoy you summer, Jenn! I'm sorry it's been a rough year for you. Can't wait to hear about your cruise.

We're all good here. Day camp is over and two weeks later I'm almost caught back up on sleep. Lol. Doing some shopping this week to buy new equipment and supplies with the rest of our money and then I get to pack it all away until January again.

Kristi's baby I due in a month but we're thinking he'll make his arrival just after the 4th.

The girls are good though Deva wears me out some days. Starting at about 4:30 everyday he gets faster, louder and more energetic and just keeps going until bedtime. She could lap me three times int he grocery store if I let her.

Terra's in a much better place this summer and it makes life so much easier. She had a great week of day camp and even did the overnight in her own tent without a second thought.

I'm still up in the air about work future. I've got a new preschooler starting a few days a week in July. Our friends' adoption is now final, they're just waiting to finish the paperwork to bring him home from Ethiopia. So I may have him at the start of school. My original girl (5) and her twin brothers 18mo have been coming 2-4 days a week lately and right now two straight weeks. So I guess I'm sticking with this for now. I may wait and see how Phil's prospects go. He had an interview the other day we're waiting to hear from. Today he's going to a job fair for a new outlet mall opening in August. The mall itself and a bunch of the stores will be there.

Rachel is in the realms with Ann Marie's Katie, Jackie and Carter and college hunting. They've visited 4 this month and I think she's got her decisions of where I apply now.

We're headed down to Oklahoma later in the summer to see family and get caught of there. Other than that though we're looking kind of quiet for the summer. Well as quiet as it ever gets around here.

Hope everyone is doing well!

those of you who own DVC how many points do you have? Just dreaming right now. It looks like most of the week long stays are over 160 points for 2 bedrooms.

Tia-I am glad that Terra is having a good summer so far!

Jennifer-sorry I am no help with DVC!

I am having an amazing time on my trip to SC. I was supposed to come home Tuesday, but extended my trip and am now leaving tomorrow morning instead. I think this trip is just what I needed. We have just done a couple beach days, gone out for dinner, drinks on the pier, and watched movies--but it has been so nice being with my brother and his roommate, as well as some new firemen I have met this trip. The weather hasn't been great, but I am so happy I am here. Today, my brother and most of the firemen I know are working so I am having a bum it day with one of his friends--then he is going to drive me to the firehouse to have dinner with my brother and watch a fire documentary called "burn"--Joe told me to try not to cry in front of everyone while we watch it! I will head home tomorrow morning and then have a 4th of july party at one of my firefighter uncles houses...then a few Phillies games at night and packing to get ready for the cruise--I l eave on the 11th. Hope all is well my friends!

Good morning friends, I'm on my way back to work this morning, although I'm not ready it's something I need to do. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it will be.

Good morning friends, I'm on my way back to work this morning, although I'm not ready it's something I need to do. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it will be.

I sure hope it wasn't as bad as you feared, Debbie!!!

Debbie - How has your first week back to work been? I hope it hasn't been too terrible. Praying for your recovery daily!

Debbie - How has your first week back to work been? I hope it hasn't been too terrible. Praying for your recovery daily!

Debbie-how did it go at work?

I am home from the cruise--it was an amazing 9 nights! I was NOT ready to come home at all!

Yes, Debbie... we would like to know! Hoping it went OK.

Glad you had a good time on the cruise, Jen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter