DDA Chapter 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom, sister, nephew & niece should be here in the next hour. We have my cousin's graduation party to go to this afternoon. My nephew is going to MSU this week for basketball camp.

I need to get motivated. We have Nick's Grad party here at 1 tomorrow and I need to do some cleaning before I run out to get his flowers and some Movie Theater popcorn for the dance. We're meeting at 1 PM today to blow up balloons etc and we need to be back at 6:30 for chaperoning. Busy day.

:yay:We are going to see it in a few hours!!!

I'm not sure yet when I'll get to see it. Terra claims not to want to go with me. She really doesn't like the parts in the commercials with the screaming kids, toys in mouth and lots of drool. I just can't get her past the fact that it's probably only a small piece and she can close her eyes/ears. Rachel may want to go with me, but if not I might try to go in the morning. Either way, hopefully soon!

How is your shoulder/arm doing since you've started working again, Debbie?

It's been a rough week, but I'm feeling pretty good this morning, (could be the Lortab hasn't worn off yet though)

I'm having what he calls "referred pain" in my arm and the swelling has yet to go down, because of my diabetes he is against giving me steriods to reduce it so I'm trying to be "patient" which isn't one of my strong points.

Right now I have to get ready to attend a memorial service for a co workers sister, 46 is way to young to die. She got an infection in her lungs that spread through her blood system and attacked all of her organs, after four weeks in ICU, most of which she was on a ventilator her 20 year old son had to make the decision to shut off life support. :sad1:

Good morning, DDA!

Good luck!

Nicholas is heading over to the pool with his friend, so I need to think of something special that Alyssa and I can do together. We always go to DQ to celebrate the last day of school, and since that is our tradition I'll wait for Nicholas to get home. They both had excellent final grades so we need to celebrate. I'm so proud of them!

Congratulations to both of them!

Heidi-so sorry to hear about your uncle.:hug:

That is why we didn't do Sea World last year-especially without a car.

I can't believe I have a middle schooler.:confused: How did that happen so fast?

Lizzy had a graduation ceremony today. They not only called each child by name (about 130) they also had a power point presentation playing with pages each child made about themselves, what they like to do, and what they hope to be-3 pages for each kid but they went so fast you couldn't see them. They also described each child-I forget most of what they said about Lizzy-quiet for sure-I have it on video. It was ummmm.... long.:laughing:

I went to the podiatrist this afternoon. He xrayed my foot and said it isn't broken just a nasty bunion. He hopes to schedule surgery for 8/9. Just has to check with the hospital. He said he would like me to stay home for 2 weeks but that I could work from home. Then he said I couldn't drive with the pin in my foot for 5 weeks and he recommends 6 to 7 weeks before driving. That will be the hard part. There are several people who live near me but all would have to drive a mile or 2 out of their way to get to my house. I was hoping I could get a few to drive me different days so I wouldn't be a total burden on any one of them. And I think I could work from home for a few days a week too.

Congrats to Lizzy! I will have a middle schooler next week, too, and I'm getting pretty melancholy myself.

I am glad that you are getting some resolution for your foot, though that recovery time sounds awful.

We went to see Toy Story 3 tonight. There are some VERY funny parts!!! Some scary parts too-at one point Joe was grabbing on to me. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I think it is sad but the kids didn't see it that way at all.

I can't wait to see it! I need to wait until Miles is done with school, though, so it won't be until at least Thursday. Matthew gets his work schedule tonight, and then we can plan. I'm sure that I'll find the ending sad, since I am already feeling sad about leaving the elementary school after 14 years and having another senior in high school. :sad1: I know that it's happy for them, too, but I'm allowing a few days of self-pity.

We went to see Toy Story 3 tonight also. Kristin and I laughed ourselves silly and bawled our eyes out, but loved the movie. The ending is as it needs to be, I think, Bernadette. Don't you?

I'm glad you liked it!

There is a promo going on. You can get a $5 ticket for children 12 and under with the purchase of an adult ticket. That is what I did for us. We bought 3 adult tickets and got 2 childrens tickets for $5. That was much more reasonable.

That's for SeaWorld, right? Not Universal? We're all adults at Disney and Universal now for ticket pricing, and Matthew is an "extra" adult in the room for $25/night.

I finally found a minute to check in. Nick received 3 awards at his awards ceremony today. He was pretty pleased with himself.

We decorated for the Dance from 2:30 to 9 and it is pretty much done. We will go back at 1 tomorrow to blow up helium ballons and redo any decorations that fall down. It looks really good, much better than most people had expected. I think they just couldn't see my vision ;)

I really need to get to bed now.

Congratulations to Nick! And to you!

YAY!!!!

It was a great day in Kindergarten but a lot of the teachers got a bit teary eyed, myself included. I was doing good until I was saying goodbye to teh and telling them how proud i was of them--then i got teary..

But its summer and the teachers went out tonight! We have to go back monday and tuesday to finish our rooms and then i can look forward to disney!

Yay for summertime! We'll get that next week. I always get a little teary saying good-bye to my three-year olds and their parents, but I'm always really ready to be done, too.

It's been a rough week, but I'm feeling pretty good this morning, (could be the Lortab hasn't worn off yet though)

I'm having what he calls "referred pain" in my arm and the swelling has yet to go down, because of my diabetes he is against giving me steriods to reduce it so I'm trying to be "patient" which isn't one of my strong points.

Right now I have to get ready to attend a memorial service for a co workers sister, 46 is way to young to die. She got an infection in her lungs that spread through her blood system and attacked all of her organs, after four weeks in ICU, most of which she was on a ventilator her 20 year old son had to make the decision to shut off life support. :sad1:

:hug: I'm sorry that you need to have so much patience with your arm. I hope the pain is gone soon.

:hug: for the loss. Since I'm 46, I definitely think that is way too young. I can't imagine my 19-year old needing to make that decision.

A few more things done today:
I booked us for one night at Royal Pacific at the beginning of the trip.
I purchased the Universal and WDW tickets.
I ordered my Rewards card from Disney Visa.

Now I have to get something more tangible done around the house!

I hope the swelling goes down soon. I wouldn't feel very patient either, I'm sure. Good thoughts for your co-workers family. How terrible. :grouphug:

A few more things done today:
I booked us for one night at Royal Pacific at the beginning of the trip.
I purchased the Universal and WDW tickets.
I ordered my Rewards card from Disney Visa.

Now I have to get something more tangible done around the house!

Yeah! You made the leap! Hope it's fun.

I saw a few posts on here about going to see TS3 .. did anyone else cry their eyes out?

My daughter, Kristin, and I went last night. yes... we did cry! But we also laughed a lot.

I saw a few posts on here about going to see TS3 .. did anyone else cry their eyes out?

Heck, yeah! But thank goodness for the 3-D glasses, so my little ones didn't realize Mommy and Daddy were a blubbering mess! :)

Kids left to go with their dad, now I'M going out with the girls!

Thank you - Janet, Deb, Ann Marie, Tia, Jennifer, Bernadette and Debbie.

Congrats to all DDA kiddies for moving up and to thoes who got awards.

So we went to go get in the pool a little bit ago and by the time I'd finished eating and changed the sky had gotten darker. Walked outside and the wind was whipping like crazy, etc. Nice little storm front moving through. We seem to be between storm fronts for now so I guess we'd better go hop in quickly before I'm in big trouble for delaying the swimming part of the day for so long. :rolleyes1

We saw Toy Story 3 today. I wanted to LOVE it but I just didn't. It was cute & I love the characters but I didn't like it as much as 1 & 2. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter