• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DD12 stayed all night at a sleepover!!

Mickeyhead12

Earning My Ears
I had to share this with people who would understand! She stayed all night!! :cool1: DD12 (GAD, panic disorder, possible spectrum disorder) hasn't slept over anyone's house for at least a year. She stayed overnight 1 night at camp last summer pretty much because the counselor stayed up most of the night with her joking and saying- no, you don't want to go home. But last night she went over a friend's house, texted me a little between 10:30 and 11:30 because she couldn't sleep and felt anxious whenever she laid down, and then stopped texting and must have gone to sleep!!

I am so proud and happy for her!

She still hasn't had her eval done but is taking abilify and has been attending a clinical day school. It's had ups and downs and I can't wait for the next 2 weeks to be over so we can take a break from all the stress. We're heading on a road trip to Disney for 2 weeks at the beginning of July.

Thanks Sue! It's really been a rough year and we still don't have the answers for how to help DD but she is making progress.

Our older dd has gone on so many sleepovers, starting in first grade. But our younger dd is 6, and has ASD, so I hear you. Congratulations!! It's wonderful when a kid hits a milestone!!

:cool1:awesome! Among other unrelated issues I have GAD, panic attacks, and nightmare disorder. That took a lot of guts.:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Thank you everyone!

She has suddenly been doing much better with a lot of things. She's been going to sleep in her own room without one of us sitting there until she's asleep and she has been staying in bed all night most nights without waking us up because of a nightmare. Her sensory issues seem better lately too- much less resistance to showering etc (which she does shower but it's always a debate :)), she's been wearing socks with her sneakers (I swear her first full sentence was "These socks make me crazy!!").

I'm not sure what's going on but we're headed in the right direction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter