DD with split stays

wannabeindisney

Earning My Ears
Can you split your stay and use DD? Say you want to stay 6 nights total and you want to split those days between to resorts - 4 nights at a deluxe and 2 nights at a moderate. Can this be done? Oh, and you plan to buy a 7-day park pass. Can you book this all together and use the Key to the Kingdom? :confused3

BUMP--considering a moderate/deluxe split for next March--but with a 4 day w/ water parks pass--wondering how this would work.
Robin M.

I can only answer part of your question. We just came back from a split stay, but we did NOT do the dining plan for the second part of the stay, only the first 3 nights, so I am not sure if you will have to do two separate ressies with separate park passess to get the dining for the entire time. Seems to me if you book everything together you should be able to get the dining and park passes all together in one purchase, which would definately cut down on the ticket prices.

Anyway, when you switch resorts, you will get a new room key. You have to take your new room key to the conciere desk to have your park passes transferred over (and dining too if you are able to do it all together, I suppose), so that you only have one card to carry around.

I hope that made sense. Good luck.

You'l have to buy two separate packages - two hotels, two DDPs, two park tickets - and make sure you use credits during the stay they're associated with. Really, the only extra cost is the second set of tickets, but if you can use those to offset the cost of tickets on a future non-DDP trip and can afford to pony up now, that'll work - just get one ticket (with 1st hotel) to cover this trip completely and save the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter