DD hotel transportation

JAP

*Still love Disney!*
We are going to be staying at the Hilton in DD. I read from the other thread regarding the transportation from there and I am still unclear.

I assume if we rent a car and drive to the parks there is a cost of $5-10 for this.

I also assume that there is some sort of transportation provided by our hotel at DD that will take us to the parks. However, that is my real question. Do the hotels at DD provide some sort of shuttle service or do they rely on Disney Buses?

BTW There sure are a lot of ways to get around paying that parking fee. Maybe Disney should try and even it out somewhere.;)

Hotel Plaza charters out to Fleetwood Limousine (dba Bethany) for thier shuttles. The shuttles run on a fixed schedule, approx every 30 minutes. I've heard that folks find the service adequate, I've also heard the opposite.

A few of my personal observations...

They use older, beat up VanHool motorcoaches. They are maintained very poorly, all banged up, and some drivers tend to drive like maniacs.

For the most part, they do keep to thier schedules. The only time I have heard of them not showing up was this past 4th of July at Epcot. (Disney ended up supplying a few of our own buses to take care of the guests)

That's the only major problem I have heard of recently, and I'm hoping it was just a random fluke.

One other thing... buses drop off and pick up in lane 26 at each of the four parks. For MK, they use the TTC. Oh, and yes, you may have to stand.

Thank you Chip-N-Dale Express!:D So the shuttle would run directly to the parks. Hmmm I hope to get some more replies about this.

DH and I are trying to decide if we just want to rent a car and just pay the parking. I think it would be worth my time to just pay the fee.

Thanks again.

I believe the DD buses will get you where you want to go, but it won't necessarily be the most pleasant experience. My understanding (from talking to people, reading guide books and reading posts on this board) is that they keep to a set schedule, but do not dispatch additional buses during peak times. In the am the bus may fill up before you get on it, and you may have to wait the half hour till the next bus comes.

Also, for MK, they drop you off in the TTC parking lot and you then have to take the monorail or ferry to MK (which is what you have to do if you drive yourself).

Parking at Disney is $7.00/day. Once you've paid for that day you can go to another park and just show your receipt. AP holders get free parking. I'm not sure of any other discounts on parking (other than on site hotel guests).

IMO, it's something of a toss up. I wouldn't want to not get on a bus because of crowds and have to wait another 30 minutes. However, it's great not having to deal with the hassle of driving, paying for parking, taking the tram to the front of the park/TTC, etc. I'm the type that likes to have a car, just in case. If you can afford a car, maybe you see how many people are waiting for the bus when you are leaving the hotel. If it's a lot of people or you don't get on the bus you can then hop in your car and drive to the park.

Thanks XStAnt! I did not know once you paid the $7 fee that was good for the day at all the parks. I found a $33.00 per day rate at mousesavers. I think DH and I decided that it may be worth it to have the car.

JAP,

I'm glad I could finally provide some useful information to somebody on these boards ;)

$33.00/day for a rental car may or may not be a good rate. When are you going? How many days is the rental? What type of car is it? Does that figure include taxes and fees? That rate is pretty good for a minivan but I don't think it's great for a midsize. Just curious as to what people are renting and what rate they're getting.

That is for a mid-size 4 door for a 4 day weekend. The price quote was actually $99.34 including all taxes and fees. It is the best I have seen so far.

But if you come by something better, please PM me!;)

That actually seems to be a great rate. For four days that is just under $25.00/day, including fees and taxes.

I doubt you'll find anything much cheaper. But I always love to look for better deals, even if it is only 1 or 2 dollars. I hate the idea of paying more than I absolutely have to, or more than the person next to me paid:D Every month or so I'll go through all the codes on mousesavers.com, the info on www.biddingfortravel.com, and coupons and codes through the Entertainment book and BJ's. Always looking to save an extra dollar:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter