DD fever at WDW, WWYD?

Just FYI, if anyone interested, we did the doctors to the room last year when my son had a bug bite that was growing and looking a bit scary... Anyway, it was $250 straight up. Travel Insurance covered what ours wouldn't.

Definitely strep, and she & DH spent the day in the room relaxing. She is on antibiotics & motrin for the fever. Centra Care was great according to DH, they got the first shuttle of the day & were back at the resort in 2 hrs! Hopefully she feels a little better tomorrow after 24 hrs of meds! I can't thank you all enough

Definitely strep, and she & DH spent the day in the room relaxing. She is on antibiotics & motrin for the fever. Centra Care was great according to DH, they got the first shuttle of the day & were back at the resort in 2 hrs! Hopefully she feels a little better tomorrow after 24 hrs of meds! I can't thank you all enough

So sorry for your dd's sickness, but so glad you are being proactive with Dr. Visit and necessary meds. She should feel better very quickly!

We are here now and have seen some obviously sick children being dragged around through the parks. So very unfair for the sick child plus all the others being exposed to who knows what!

We've been there and understand, but I really get mad at some parents selfishness.

So glad you got her speedy help. We had the same experience with Centra Care. They even took us to the Contemporary instead of back to sports so we wouldn't miss our Mine Train FP. Lol! Hope she feels much better soon!

Soo glad she got to rest! Lots of liquids too will help! And yes, usually,within 24 hours the meds kick in and she should be feeling better. Just a thought..if you go into the parks and need to take her med- you can leave it at any first aide station in their fridge - if it needs refrigeration. Then your DD won't miss any doses!

So glad she got the treatment she needed! Hope she is feeling better soon!!

Glad she is feeling better! Strep is running like wild fire in our area, and it can be miserable. With the meds she should be up and running soon, and hopefully your flight will be an easy one home. I wish you an easy trip home!

I know your daughter is 8, but I would think about renting a stroller for her if she still feels tired but wants to try to go to the parks.

The medicine ended up making her nauseated, so we had to cancel her Pirates :( She did come to the park in a stroller, actually, and laid low. She perked up by 4, and had a decent afternoon.

We are back in snowy MI now. Wahhhhh!! She is excited to sleep in her own bed & recuperate. I just want to go back to FL!!!

Thank you again for your help. We had a wonderful trip and made a lot of great memories, especially with my aging parents, who I doubt will go back.

Glad she's going to the doctor. My dd was sick in May...she had had a bad cold before she left, but was over it (we thought) by the time we left. I got the cold from her and was in the final days of the cold when we flew to WDW. She developed a bad sore throat in the final days we were there. We stopped at the First Aid center in MK, by CP, to get some ibu. She didn't look so great so I told her to stay there and cool off and went in search of a bottle of water. When I returned she told me that she had been told to leave, that she couldn't just 'sit' there. Now, granted, she was 22. But if they had taken the time to actually look at her, they would have seen that there was an issue. We got home, she went back to work because she was feeling a bit better...living on ibu I later found out. She was a character performer at Six Flags. When she broke out into big bumps on her legs we took her to her doctor. It was a strep virus!!! Seems she had had it for over a month!! From that first cold!!! Left untreated, it went systemic into her system and showed in her legs!!! She got on antibiotics immediately and was better within 2 days!!
So....even if there is just a chance it could be strep, it's always good to get it checked out!!!! My dd had always presented with scarlet fever when it was strep. That didn't happen this time!!!

Hey Tink, my DD was a character performer at six flags too! I assume the one on Agawam? She's at universal Orlando now, the best excuse to go down a lot!!!

Hey Tink, my DD was a character performer at six flags too! I assume the one on Agawam? She's at universal Orlando now, the best excuse to go down a lot!!!
How cool is that!! Yes, in Agawam. Means she spends the summer with her boyfriend in S Windsor Ct, vs at home. He's 25 mins away, we're almost 90! She's been friends with Sylvester, Scooby, but most of the time with Foghorn Leghorn!! Tough to be 5'10"!!
She most likely be an onstage performer as well this summer. Then, hopefully down to WDW for the DCP in August!! Fingers crossed.

How cool is that!! Yes, in Agawam. Means she spends the summer with her boyfriend in S Windsor Ct, vs at home. He's 25 mins away, we're almost 90! She's been friends with Sylvester, Scooby, but most of the time with Foghorn Leghorn!! Tough to be 5'10"!!
She most likely be an onstage performer as well this summer. Then, hopefully down to WDW for the DCP in August!! Fingers crossed.

My DD is on the other side of the spectrum, 4'11". She was a good friend of Tweety Bird, Yosemite Sam and hosted the Wiggles show. I am 10 minutes from the park. Would love to meet up some time if you come down to visit her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter