DCP Spring 2014

LibbyLovesDisney

A most peculiar madmoiselle
Hey ya'll! I was just curious if anyone else is going to be applying in September for the Spring DCP. I am so completely nervous, but I have never wanted anything more in my life.
If anyone has any tips or anything to share, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Hey ya'll! I was just curious if anyone else is going to be applying in September for the Spring DCP. I am so completely nervous, but I have never wanted anything more in my life.
If anyone has any tips or anything to share, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Hi Libby! I'm sure you will find lots of people on here that can share their experiences. If you follow the link to my blog on my signature you can read about my CPs and I have links on the right hand side to posts about the application and interview process! Feel free to check them out!

My boyfriend and I are planning on applying in September for our second CPs if we don't end up getting CT/CR/FT jobs there before that.

Hi! I'll be doing my 3rd application in Sept. I don't have high hopes, as nothing's changed on my resume in between Feb. and now so why would they accept me this time when they didn't last time, but what the heck, why not apply again? There's nothing wrong with getting more interview experience!

I would highly recommend doing research on blogs, these forums, and elsewhere for the questions you are likely to get in your interview! Then open a Word document and start typing out some answers, even if just in bullet point form. You can have this open in front of you as your "cheat sheet" during the interview to keep from drawing blanks, it really helped me!

You WILL get the question about why you want to do the CP and some variant of how your past work experience qualifies you for it. Knock those questions out of the park (without sounding too scripted) and you're off to a great start. Play Disney music while waiting for the call, to help calm your nerves! It's okay to sound a tiny bit nervous, but focus on being cheerful and enthusiastic and they will pick up on that!

Also, I should mention the web-based interview, which comes first and does weed out a few people. It's very easy if you keep in mind two things: 1. Keep your answers consistent (they'll ask you the same question in a slightly different way) and 2. Answer "strongly agree" and "strongly disagree" as much as possible! Even if you don't feel incredibly strongly about a statement, Disney is looking for people who know themselves. Those two tips helped me breeze through the WBI!

Good luck!

Hi Libby! I'm sure you will find lots of people on here that can share their experiences. If you follow the link to my blog on my signature you can read about my CPs and I have links on the right hand side to posts about the application and interview process! Feel free to check them out!

Thank you so much, I'll definitely check it out! :D

My boyfriend and I are planning on applying in September for our second CPs if we don't end up getting CT/CR/FT jobs there before that.

that's awesome, I can't wait til I am able to apply!

Hi! I'll be doing my 3rd application in Sept. I don't have high hopes, as nothing's changed on my resume in between Feb. and now so why would they accept me this time when they didn't last time, but what the heck, why not apply again? There's nothing wrong with getting more interview experience!

Might as well keep trying! :D

I would highly recommend doing research on blogs, these forums, and elsewhere for the questions you are likely to get in your interview! Then open a Word document and start typing out some answers, even if just in bullet point form. You can have this open in front of you as your "cheat sheet" during the interview to keep from drawing blanks, it really helped me!

You WILL get the question about why you want to do the CP and some variant of how your past work experience qualifies you for it. Knock those questions out of the park (without sounding too scripted) and you're off to a great start. Play Disney music while waiting for the call, to help calm your nerves! It's okay to sound a tiny bit nervous, but focus on being cheerful and enthusiastic and they will pick up on that!

Also, I should mention the web-based interview, which comes first and does weed out a few people. It's very easy if you keep in mind two things: 1. Keep your answers consistent (they'll ask you the same question in a slightly different way) and 2. Answer "strongly agree" and "strongly disagree" as much as possible! Even if you don't feel incredibly strongly about a statement, Disney is looking for people who know themselves. Those two tips helped me breeze through the WBI!

Good luck!

That's a really good idea! I will definitely start saving stuff on Word!
I think that I will be able to knock the why I want to do the DCP question out of the park! All I have to do is give my honest answer & I don't see how they couldn't see how much I want this! Thanks for the advice, Disney music fixes everything!
I will keep those two in mind completely when I do the WBI!
Thank you so much, this really really helped me out, I'll start preparing immediately! :woohoo:

Hi

This is going to be my first time applying for the Disney College Program. I am going to be applying with a friend and we are hoping to make it for Spring 2014 year.

Hi

This is going to be my first time applying for the Disney College Program. I am going to be applying with a friend and we are hoping to make it for Spring 2014 year.

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully we'll both be down there at the same time! I hope some of the disers on here can help you too! :D

As far as the WBI goes, keep in mind that ALL of the question are work/job related. One question is always "Do you have any regrets?"... of course you do, everybody does! Heck I regret eating more than 1 donuts today... but thats not what they are talking about. A computer looks at these types of questions and assumes that if you regret something, it is something work related and serious (like maybe regretting that you stole something). I know alot of people that are great workers that have failed other company WBIs for this reason.

As far as the WBI goes, keep in mind that ALL of the question are work/job related. One question is always "Do you have any regrets?"... of course you do, everybody does! Heck I regret eating more than 1 donuts today... but thats not what they are talking about. A computer looks at these types of questions and assumes that if you regret something, it is something work related and serious (like maybe regretting that you stole something). I know alot of people that are great workers that have failed other company WBIs for this reason.

Wow, I will definitely keep that in mind! That question would probably take me off guard, so thanks for the info!

For the WBI think Work, and think Disney. My son scored high on the WBI for Disney, and had taken it several times previous for other companies...Target, Petco, Kroger...and never got past it. I asked him what the difference was and he said, "I knew what Disney wanted."

For the WBI think Work, and think Disney. My son scored high on the WBI for Disney, and had taken it several times previous for other companies...Target, Petco, Kroger...and never got past it. I asked him what the difference was and he said, "I knew what Disney wanted."

I will definitely keep that in mind! Thank you so much for the tip! :)

I'm going to be applying too, and I am so nervous already as well! I've been doing a lot of research, and have found many blogs through Google searching and here which really helps calm my nerves. I know somewhere in this forum there is a thread about some questions that are asked on the phone interview. It really helps me to read those and see what answers some people gave!

Best of luck, and hopefully I'll see you there! :)

I'm going to be applying too, and I am so nervous already as well! I've been doing a lot of research, and have found many blogs through Google searching and here which really helps calm my nerves. I know somewhere in this forum there is a thread about some questions that are asked on the phone interview. It really helps me to read those and see what answers some people gave!

Best of luck, and hopefully I'll see you there! :)

I totally feel you! I'm freaking out cause I just want this SOOOO bad, like I've never ever wanted anything more. It just seems like such an incredible opportunity & it's IN DISNEY WORLD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. hahah :) & I've found a few myself, if I find any really good ones, I'll post them on here so you can check them out as well!

Tons & tons & tons of luck to you & hopefully we'll both get in! :D

Interesting: my S23 was a CP in Spring 2011, and didn't make it past the WBI interview for Target after he worked at Disney.

My D19 is applying to Spring 2014.

Bad Dad....My son can't pass em. Not sure what it takes, because I've taken a few...Target included, for grins, and I can't get past them.

Interesting: my S23 was a CP in Spring 2011, and didn't make it past the WBI interview for Target after he worked at Disney.

My D19 is applying to Spring 2014.

Not sure about the WBI, hmm. We'll see I guess.

& that's awesome! Make sure to let her know if we both get in she already has a future friend lined up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter