DCP not working in Magic Kingdom

futurecm

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if you do not do the DCP in the Magic Kingdom do you still get to go the utilidors on your day off or anything?

I was just wondering if you do not do the DCP in the Magic Kingdom do you still get to go the utilidors on your day off or anything?

I guess you could, but why would you want to? :lol: If you have your ID with you, you can be backstage anywhere and not get in trouble.

You can. I never did and I wish I had just to see what it was like down there. Just know you really aren't suppose to enter on stage in regular clothes, but I've done that in Epcot and no on really seemed to notice, It's just where the CP bus lets you off is backstage!

Thanks for letting me know. I would love to see the utilidors even if I don't work in MK so thats good to know. Or the backstage section of other parks if I work in MK.

You'll walk through part of the utilidor during Traditions.

It's not really a tour, since the MK Park Orientation does the tour, but they do make one main stop and talk very briefly about the area.

You can go through them so long as you have your ID displayed, enter the park through the main turnstiles and don't enter any sensitive areas. Just be prepared for a hard time finding a stairwell unless you know somebody at MK.

Technically you can be anywhere backstage as long as you have your ID. However, if your going to the parks its easier to just go through the main entrance. HOWEVER, at MK if you are taking the CP bus back to your apartment you would want to take the tunnels and take the tunnel’s bus to the CP bus stop. It would be faster than taking ferry or monorail > walking to the opposite side of the ticket and transportation center > waiting on a CP bus > going to pick up the rest of the CP’s at the CP bus stop > then finally start to head home

Source: I worked in transportation.

thanks for the information. I hope I get to work at MK so I will know the tunnels. But Im glad to have the option to still see them.

I would be careful if you decide to go down in the Utilidor (as technically you can get in trouble for wandering around down there while not working. I saw CPs get chewed out by security for doing that).

Technically you can be anywhere backstage as long as you have your ID. However, if your going to the parks its easier to just go through the main entrance. HOWEVER, at MK if you are taking the CP bus back to your apartment you would want to take the tunnels and take the tunnel’s bus to the CP bus stop. It would be faster than taking ferry or monorail > walking to the opposite side of the ticket and transportation center > waiting on a CP bus > going to pick up the rest of the CP’s at the CP bus stop > then finally start to head home

Source: I worked in transportation.

Except you cannot arrive that way. That is a major no-no. If you are in the park on business then you can enter through West Clock. If you are in the park to play you must go through turnstiles like everybody else.

Also security will only chew you out if you don't have an ID displayed, are in a restricted area or if they're in a bad mood. Remember until a manager is involved you're not actually in trouble.

Except you cannot arrive that way. That is a major no-no. If you are in the park on business then you can enter through West Clock. If you are in the park to play you must go through turnstiles like everybody else.

Also security will only chew you out if you don't have an ID displayed, are in a restricted area or if they're in a bad mood. Remember until a manager is involved you're not actually in trouble.

This IS true

Also once you get to your location you can always ask your managers any questions about that stuff. Usually they'll be honest about the rules.

Backstage rules:
Stay out of...
Food prep areas
Food storage areas
Stockrooms
Ride Restricted Areas
Engineering support equipment areas.

Always...
Wear your ID so it is visible
Be aware of your surroundings
Be safe

And never be afraid to ask for directions from other CMs. New CMs are always getting lost and nobody knows everybody that works in their area. Chances are they'll just point you in the proper direction and be on their way.

Also never be afraid to ask somebody for their ID. It's an important security tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter